Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 624  

post #9346 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

Not yet, still to new and to hyped to have a sale. They are flying off the shelves right now so doubt we'll see a sale on them anytime soon. I'd keep and eye on eBay and wait for someone to list a slightly used pair like this here.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Moda-Crossfade-M100-Over-Ear-Headphones-/170979788547?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item27cf308703

 

Or Amazon who looks like they have had a few returns that are in like new condition and missing nothing.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00A39PPCG/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1359240561&sr=1-6

This is about the best deal going on the M-100s right now. A friend got one of these returns from the Warehouse Deals and they were still sealed. May want to snag one of those. You still have the 30 day return through Amazon.

post #9347 of 9815
New Sennheiser Momentum - 218,44 € plus shipping ($ 294 - £ 186) sold and dispatched by Amazon.es.
post #9348 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

Not yet, still to new and to hyped to have a sale. They are flying off the shelves right now so doubt we'll see a sale on them anytime soon. I'd keep and eye on eBay and wait for someone to list a slightly used pair like this here.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-Moda-Crossfade-M100-Over-Ear-Headphones-/170979788547?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item27cf308703

 

Or Amazon who looks like they have had a few returns that are in like new condition and missing nothing.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00A39PPCG/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1359240561&sr=1-6

Thanks for your typing. The used one's price is so closed to the new one... If I want to buy a new one, maybe the online retailer which don't charge tax is the best one?

post #9349 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hun009 View Post

Thanks for your typing. The used one's price is so closed to the new one... If I want to buy a new one, maybe the online retailer which don't charge tax is the best one?

I usually default to Amazon. Returns are so much easier. I would look to eBay only if the price was too good to ignore.

post #9350 of 9815
Alright, just wanted to remind everyone: the KOSS Tony Bennett Signatures are still available at Tuesday Morning for $49.99. Finally picked up a pair after giving up a couple of my headphones. These retail for $149.99, and can be found on amazon for around $75, but at $50, these are very good sounding, they feel very comfortable and they are very portable. Plus, they come with a carrying case, and a free download of Tony Bennetts album, Duets II. Well worth $50, IMO.
post #9351 of 9815

If anyone has a TJ Maxx or Marshall's by them, they might have Incase headphones on super-clearance for $10. I got a pair of Reflexes for my sister. They're not great by any means, but they actually sound pretty nice for $10. Actually, kind of fantastic for $10. They're better than a lot of the fashion headphones I've tried. They have a bit of an midrange problem, but amping with a somewhat bright amp, like the O2 them seriously helps them (Actually, these pair better with my O2 better than any of my other headphones). I feel like that if I got these with an amp, I wouldn't be in this silly adventure because they sounds pretty relaxing. I haven't tried it with anything other than gentle folk music though. They probably won't be great for anything that requires a fast headphone.

post #9352 of 9815
They have a bit of an midrange problem, but amping with a somewhat bright amp, like the O2

 

This statement is a nitpick but I feel like I have to point it out. The O2 was designed from the ground up to be a neutral amp, and based on the testimonials of not only myself but of many respected Head-Fiers, I'd say that it succeeds admirably in this regard. I don't know if you like the O2 or not, but calling it bright is kind of doing it a disservice.

Just my $0.02.

 

 

Alright, just wanted to remind everyone: the KOSS Tony Bennett Signatures are still available at Tuesday Morning for $49.99. 
 
What would you say is the overall sound signature of the Tony Bennett Signature?

Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/27/13 at 6:11pm
post #9353 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

Just my $0.02.

 

 

... on the 02  rolleyes.gif

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post
What would you say is the overall sound signature of the Tony Bennett Signature?

I don't have an answer to your question, but reading and viewing Tyll's review convinced me not to buy them, but I was (and still am) quite tempted.  If you haven't read/seen it yourself, I imagine you'll appreciate it.  

post #9354 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

This statement is a nitpick but I feel like I have to point it out. The O2 was designed from the ground up to be a neutral amp, and based on the testimonials of not only myself but of many respected Head-Fiers, I'd say that it succeeds admirably in this regard. I don't know if you like the O2 or not, but calling it bright is kind of doing it a disservice.

 

 

I hear slightly accentuated treble, so I used the word bright. 

post #9355 of 9815

The Koss TB and family are mid-centric and forward cans.  I like them quite a bit @ around $50 to $70.  I would like thme a good bit more if they were slightly more efficient for portable use.
 

post #9356 of 9815
Sorry for Off Topic, but Tus, why'd you change you profile pic? the old one was great!
post #9357 of 9815
Sorry for Off Topic, but Tus, why'd you change you profile pic? the old one was great!

 

I thought that the one I have right now was a bit better in quality; the old one was from the original season, while the one I have now is from the new Unova series.
If other people like it that much, I should probably change it back. beerchug.gif

 

I don't have an answer to your question, but reading and viewing Tyll's review convinced me not to buy them, but I was (and still am) quite tempted.  If you haven't read/seen it yourself, I imagine you'll appreciate it.  

 

Bleh. That review made me feel like the headphone was quite the amalgamation of a whole bunch of different design approaches, which in the end left the headphone worse than the sum of its parts. A mid-centric DJ phone rebranded to market towards consumers of show tunes and jazz? What?

 

I hear slightly accentuated treble, so I used the word bright. 

 

Fair enough. Everyone's got a whole stack of listening variables that change what they hear (listening volumes changes the frequency pickup of the ear, ear canal shape changes resonances; etc.)



 

post #9358 of 9815

Some had asked about the Tony Bennett an hour ago. I think it's balanced, but has very very slightly emphasized bass, slightly forward upper mids and smooth treble.

Honestly I have no idea how anyone could be bothered by it's treble. This is just baffling to me, but it could be they're very sensitive to treble.

 

To my they're no more forward in the mids than the HD-598 (except for upper mids).

 

Seriously when comparing them to the HD-650 (with Magni+ODAC) the mids aren't that dramatically more forward. Bass quantity is the same (my 650 has no mid-bass hump). The DJ100 has more treble too and is less forgiving. Actually my DJ100 has better low-bass than my HD-650. Barely worth mentioning though.

 

I'm not a huge fan of them without a good external amp.

 

I should point out that with my setup (Micro or Magni) they're more balanced than from my portable amps.

 

I kind of consider them to be a mix between a Grado SR-225i and HD-650. Weird, I know.

 

Anyone saying they have an upside down U-shape signature is way off the mark IMO. I don't even know if I could call them mid-centric.

 

Oh and of course I find them comparable to my Q701 and HD-650. They're just not open, so hardly fair. biggrin.gif The HD-650 is a tad warmer for sure.

post #9359 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

Some had asked about the Tony Bennett an hour ago. I think it's balanced, but has very very slightly emphasized bass, slightly forward upper mids and smooth treble.

Honestly I have no idea how anyone could be bothered by it's treble. This is just baffling to me, but it could be they're very sensitive to treble.

 

To my they're no more forward in the mids than the HD-598 (except for upper mids).

 

Seriously when comparing them to the HD-650 (with Magni+ODAC) the mids aren't that dramatically more forward. Bass quantity is the same (my 650 has no mid-bass hump). The DJ100 has more treble too and is less forgiving. Actually my DJ100 has better low-bass than my HD-650. Barely worth mentioning though.

 

I'm not a huge fan of them without a good external amp.

 

I should point out that with my setup (Micro or Magni) they're more balanced than from my portable amps.

 

I kind of consider them to be a mix between a Grado SR-225i and HD-650. Weird, I know.

 

Anyone saying they have an upside down U-shape signature is way off the mark IMO. I don't even know if I could call them mid-centric.

 

Oh and of course I find them comparable to my Q701 and HD-650. They're just not open, so hardly fair. biggrin.gif The HD-650 is a tad warmer for sure.

Yeah normally I agree with Tyll but not on this review.  No way these are upside down u-shaped, and the treble?  It is really soft, even rolled off a little. If that was harsh I hate to hear an opinion of a Grado.  For the most part I think these are pretty Balanced, Maybe just a tad Mid forward, not even that really, They just have great detail in the Mids from the lower to the top region.  Amp is the key tho, gotta have one, even being rated low, energy plays a big part.

post #9360 of 9815
any deal on the bayerdynamic dt 880 600 ohm? (with international shipping, i live in australia) the price seems to be 350 US everywhere
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)