Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 552  

post #8266 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

That's exactly where I first saw it as well when I was looking at the T70p and praying the 20% code I still had in my cart would work... It didn't... 

 

 

LOL sorry about that, I changed it up quickly after I realize how stinking long that was :) 

 

For real? What do they do -- send you a "we're sorry" email after some days? 

 

Because here is my story: got T5p in cart, applied coupon, everything ready to rock... Credit card wouldn't work, it got flagged for fraud for 3rd time in less than 96 hours. Chase fraud retards call me again. Get it all straightened out by which time the coupon has gone dead and T5p's have gone up to $1199 or more.

 

Next day I get back to work and the coupon code is in my cart still... so T5p was wayyyy too much, but T70p was still a steal with it. Performed check out, everything smooth, ... haven't heard anything in 3 days but I got all order processing emails as expected.

post #8267 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasitius View Post

 

For real? What do they do -- send you a "we're sorry" email after some days? 

 

Because here is my story: got T5p in cart, applied coupon, everything ready to rock... Credit card wouldn't work, it got flagged for fraud for 3rd time in less than 96 hours. Chase fraud retards call me again. Get it all straightened out by which time the coupon has gone dead and T5p's have gone up to $1199 or more.

 

Next day I get back to work and the coupon code is in my cart still... so T5p was wayyyy too much, but T70p was still a steal with it. Performed check out, everything smooth, ... haven't heard anything in 3 days but I got all order processing emails as expected.

 

Maybe they'll honor it!! I was able to go through the entire check out process but had to back out last second because Chrome quit on me (shocker I know) so when I refreshed the page the code was gone :( Now I understand that it was over but to lose out on $80 dollars of extra savings was crappy. But if yours went through and you haven't heard from them saying that the deal was no longer available you may have it!! Please keep us updated, I'm curious whats going to happen. Hopefully it'll work, good luck!!

post #8268 of 9815

Definitely please keep us updated on your T70p purchase. What happened was that the next morning after I placed my order for the T70 w/ the 20% coupon, I saw that I owed $76 on my orders page. I checked the order and found out that the coupon code was gone, so I checked out my "receipt" and this is what it looked like:

 

 

700

 

I gave customer service a call and they said that they wouldn't honor the coupon code cause it was supposed to have been expired a while ago (Why didn't they update their website to reflect this?). Then I found out that I couldn't use the 10% code either, since it expired right on the day that I placed the call (They were actually still advertising the code when I was placed on hold to speak with someone). Naturally I canceled the order but then decided that the t70 was still worth the $379 along with the free i.fuzen case and placed another order.

 

Long story short... it's been 2 days and I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation yet. I'm extremely paranoid after reading some yelp reviews on sonic electronix. Feels like a classic bait and switch.

 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sonic-electronix-valencia

 

If anyone else has ordered headphones from them within the last week, please keep us updated on the status.


Edited by thegunner100 - 12/13/12 at 11:46am
post #8269 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post

Well, I complained to Amazon for not sending me a 10% coupon, and they sent me a 10% off any purchase which works for me. Too bad between black friday and Christmas shopping I'm flat broke. Those HE-400's are looking mighty sweet at $359...


How would you use the coupon on the HE-400's? I only see it being sold by 3rd party sellers, which the coupon doesn't apply to.

post #8270 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Definitely please keep us updated on your T70p purchase. What happened was that the next morning after I placed my order for the T70 w/ the 20% coupon, I saw that I owed $76 on my orders page. I checked the order and found out that the coupon code was gone, so I checked out my "receipt" and this is what it looked like:

 

 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sonic-electronix-valencia

 

If anyone else has ordered headphones from them within the last week, please keep us updated on the status.

 

I'll let you know if mine ships. I only have order confirmation email, no shipping notice yet. It's really weird to program your system to allow the coupon code to go through and then back out. I mean either disable the damn code or honor it as long as it works! 

 

When I called and begged (and explained about my CC woes) they did make me a decent offer on the T5p, taking advantage of the (then still valid) 10% code and then some. It was still too much for me though since I was already wracking my brain for a way to get the mid-$700 number money in order.

post #8271 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post


How would you use the coupon on the HE-400's? I only see it being sold by 3rd party sellers, which the coupon doesn't apply to.


It's more of a 10% refund on ANY purchase through Amazon. They told me to email the invoice and they will refund 10%. They didn't specify whether or not it had to be third party.

 

But it doesn't matter, I don't have the money for the HE-400 right now anyway. frown.gif

post #8272 of 9815

So I just got shipping notification from USP. It's scheduled to arrive next wednesday. I hope my T70 comes with a serial number >~<

post #8273 of 9815

Maybe some of you thread followers haven't heard but Schiit just released a $99 amp Magni and a $99 dac Modi. Not any real reviews out yet. It's not an official deal...and yet, if they are as good as they look, they will be a great deal  none the less. Seems like the kind of thing people coming to this thread might want to know about! 

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=14

post #8274 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Maybe some of you thread followers haven't heard but Schiit just released a $99 amp Magni and a $99 dac Modi. Not any real reviews out yet. It's not an official deal...and yet, if they are as good as they look, they will be a great deal  none the less. Seems like the kind of thing people coming to this thread might want to know about! 

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=14

 

Wow, that sounds awesome, thanks. Can't wait to read some reviews. I hope they are good but something tells me that Schiit has made sure they don't sound as good as their much more expensive models...

post #8275 of 9815

I think they tried to deliver the best value possible at the $99 price point.  By nature of the price point, there are some design tradeoffs that means it's not going to equal the higher end stuff.  But it has to sound pretty good, because they're going to sell a lot and that will be the impression a lot of people have of Schiit quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

...something tells me that Schiit has made sure they don't sound as good as their much more expensive models...

post #8276 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post

I think they tried to deliver the best value possible at the $99 price point.  By nature of the price point, there are some design tradeoffs that means it's not going to equal the higher end stuff.  But it has to sound pretty good, because they're going to sell a lot and that will be the impression a lot of people have of Schiit quality.

 

Yeah I think you're right. And I love that you used the phrase "Schitt quality." hehe :)

post #8277 of 9815

($89) JVC Twin System In-Ear Sound Isolating Headphones (HA-FXT90)

 

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jvc-jvc-twin-system-in-ear-sound-isolating-headphones-ha-fxt90-black-ha-fxt90/10196752.aspx

 

they usually retail for about $150 

&according to reviews, these are actually one of the highly recommended IEM's under the $200 

post #8278 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

Yeah I think you're right. And I love that you used the phrase "Schitt quality." hehe :)


I could have used quality Schiit, too--man I never get tired of this stuff. 

post #8279 of 9815
^ yea look at the ODAC. Similar grade circuit board compnents. Just because it doesnt use oversized capacitors and other components that are factually an overkill anyway doesn't mean it won't do the job. We will just have to see.
post #8280 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

^ yea look at the ODAC. Similar grade circuit board compnents. Just because it doesnt use oversized capacitors and other components that are factually an overkill anyway doesn't mean it won't do the job. We will just have to see.

 

I totally agree. Which is why I wonder about a company that produces both types of amps and DACS (lo-tier and mid/hi-tier in terms of pricing). Call me crazy but I don't think someone like Schiit would necessarily be interested in building a $500-amp-killer for $100 when they themselves sell $500 amps as well. But I could be wrong. They're an awesome company, lets hope they just focused on making the absolute best sounding equipment they could at that price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)