I understand that, I'm not saying I blame the retailers for not having sales.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAudio Technica ATH AD700
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONES
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 32 Ohm
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 880 32 Ohm
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones
- categoryOver Ear
- itemUltrasone HFI 580
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013. MrSpeakers Mad Dog v.3.2 Reviewed) Last post on Today at 11:20 am in Video Games Discussion
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Got my DT880s Last post on 8/12/11 at 11:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphone Testing & Comparison Last post on 8/21/10 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 518
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7757 of 982211/29/12 at 12:44amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by DarthUnnamed
So yeah, I think I may just jump on the m100's. He400's don't have a major deal (yes, I know about the demo version) and I need a decent pair for on the go, which the hifimans cannot do. Sometime next year I'll get the hifimansI have the M100's and if you need portable then go for them, but they don't do rock so well, they suit electronica the best. They certainly don't match the HE-400 or the Denon D2000, but holy hell if you pair them with a VAMP then its frighteningly good. But then you would need to.Quote:Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca
That statement, repeated often, is completely wrong. There's nothing about the HD-650 -- impedance, voltage, or power requirements -- to make them hard to drive. The FiiO E5 may not be ideal, except as a tiny portable, but it works just fine. I have both and have used them together.
When asking for recommendations, you can go with the borg or not. It's your decision.Quote:Originally Posted by HamilcarBarca
Do you need a POWERFUL amp?
1. Here's how power is computed. These are laws of physics not subject to audiophilia.
Current = Voltage / Impedance
Power = Current ^ 2 * Impedance.
Nothing about the HD-650's input impedance (nominally 300 Ohms but at some frequencies ~500 Ohms) or its voltage (or current requirement) is special in any way for a full-sized headphone.
2. There is a rule (guideline) that the headphones' input impedance should be at least 8 times the output impedance for proper damping.
It's easy to find an amp whose output impedance is less then 300 / 8 = 37.5 Ohms.
3. Does the HD-650 sound the same with every amplifier?
Absolutely NOT Amplifiers all have distortion (e.g., THD, IM) and a noise floor. Tube amplifiers tend to have different harmonic distortion that solid-state amps because that's the way tubes work..
In conclusion, the next time you read claim about a requirement for a POWERFUL amp, ask why. If the response is "pairing", "synergy", or "scaling", you've received a non-answer and can safely move along. Which amplifier sounds best with the HD-650? It's nothing more than personal preference not POWERFULNESS.
Actually No, I have the E7, and I could amplify them better if I took the jack and inserted it into my rectum. Don't buy them If your not going to amplify them properly. They need voltage, they are quite efficient, but they still need voltage. To give another example songmic managed to prove that Denons don't need a low output impedance amp because of their flat impedance curve, which is mind blowing, however output impedance is more an indicator of how the amp will handle various loads, and the Denons needing current can put a lot of strain on OTL tube amps with high output impedances. So your argument is invalid.
If you get the HD600 or HD650, then for gods sake amp them, and It doesn't mean you need to spend a fortune for starters.
Well considering the woman I keep meeting.... This is safer.
Edited by WiR3D - 11/29/12 at 12:45ampost #7758 of 982211/29/12 at 3:32am
even in china i know hifiman controls the price really really strictly. the dealers can only throw in a lot of freebies like headphone stands, balanced cable etc. to somehow discount the price abit but here is virtually no chance for a cheaper upfront price.post #7759 of 982211/29/12 at 5:01ampost #7760 of 982211/29/12 at 5:29ampost #7761 of 982211/29/12 at 7:22ampost #7762 of 982211/29/12 at 7:43ampost #7763 of 982211/29/12 at 8:32ampost #7764 of 982211/29/12 at 8:52ampost #7765 of 982211/29/12 at 8:55ampost #7766 of 982211/29/12 at 9:00amQuote:
This thread has officially dropped to reality-TV levels of standards and quality. For shame!post #7767 of 982211/29/12 at 9:16ampost #7768 of 982211/29/12 at 9:32am
These are on lightning deal. Anyone know anything about them?post #7769 of 982211/29/12 at 9:40am
Refurbished Sony DR-ZX701IP $59 shipped @ woot:post #7770 of 982211/29/12 at 10:12amQuote:
You can't. For 70% I'd buy it off you in 1 second, I always buy discount cards at Target, etc. around this time of year to cover me for 2013. Problem with getting it off you is I have no sales reputation on here. Maybe if you looked at my seller accounts on Amazon and eBay and see I'm a good person ^_^
This thread is locked
- The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 4 minutes ago
- › Which would you choose? 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Amp advice - Crack vs LD Mkiii vs Valhalla 5 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 5 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 5 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe