- 152 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Loveland, Colorado or Surprise, Arizona
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAudio Technica ATH AD700
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONES
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 32 Ohm
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 880 32 Ohm
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones
- categoryOver Ear
- itemUltrasone HFI 580
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13. Skullcandy PLYR 1 added) Last post on Today at 4:45 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Ultrasone HFI-780 VS Beyerdynamic DT 770 (DT 880 VS DT 990) Last post on 6/21/11 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Got my DT880s Last post on 8/12/11 at 11:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 6:49 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphone Testing & Comparison Last post on 8/21/10 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 500post #7486 of 982211/26/12 at 6:21amAny deals anywhere on HE-400? I'm ready to buy but no need to rush if there's no special price.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7487 of 982211/26/12 at 6:34ampost #7488 of 982211/26/12 at 6:42ampost #7489 of 982211/26/12 at 6:42ampost #7490 of 982211/26/12 at 6:48ampost #7491 of 982211/26/12 at 7:07am
Same here. I need other things like an upgraded HT receiver before the Koss but the current 950 price while enticing still leaves me on the fence. It's still an excellent deal but with the little info there is on the 950 I'm willing to wait to see the Xmas deals. Ok, if it drops to $630 then I'll pull the trigger.
The best thing I've learned about this whole post-Thanksgiving holiday is camelcamelcamel.Quote:Originally Posted by Gary in MD
Koss doesn't police retailers the way that some manufacturers do (Senn, for instance). They deal with distributors, not retailers, and establish a MSRP, but they told me they assume that retailers will sell below that. They do not intend for the prices on their web site to undercut their retailers, so 35% on their site might mean lower prices elsewhere... or not. In any case, from what I've seen by tracking them on Camelcamelcamel and elsewhere, prices in the $630 range have not been unusual. Prices under $600 have been seen rarely... but being the patient (and cheap) hunter that I am, I'm waiting for that rare event...
post #7492 of 982211/26/12 at 7:31ampost #7493 of 982211/26/12 at 7:41am
Not a headphone deal, but the Kindle fire is on sale right now for $129. Not sure how good it is as a source but if you don't mind your tablet infested with ads than it might be a good deal.
Promocode: FIREDEALpost #7494 of 982211/26/12 at 7:52ampost #7495 of 982211/26/12 at 7:55ampost #7496 of 982211/26/12 at 8:00amQuote:
In that case, did you see the Onkyo TX-NR818 at Amazon? Down to $699. Not a bad deal for that receiver.post #7497 of 982211/26/12 at 8:06am
Happy Cyber Monday!
HiFiMAN HE-400 for 349.95 with free shipping from Kraft Street Audio and fulfilled by Amazon. These are listed as Used-Like New, but my guess is they're brand new since they have 4 in stock.post #7498 of 982211/26/12 at 8:08ampost #7499 of 982211/26/12 at 8:10am
This thread is locked
- The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 8 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 48 seconds ago
- › Full-sized headphone that does metal decently? 52 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 55 seconds ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 1 minute ago
- › Is there an audible difference between HD and CD quality? 2 minutes ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Dogs vs Soundmagic HP100 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe