Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 500  

post #7486 of 9815

1SaleADay has the grey Philips Citiscape Downtown again for 39.99 under their flash deals tab.

post #7487 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowirve View Post

So looks like tf10 deal is never going to come. Can't believe I missed it three times.

I'm still waiting for it :(

post #7488 of 9815

Same here.  I need other things like an upgraded HT receiver before the Koss but the current 950 price while enticing still leaves me on the fence.  It's still an excellent deal but with the little info there is on the 950 I'm willing to wait to see the Xmas deals.  Ok, if it drops to $630 then I'll pull the trigger.  

 

The best thing I've learned about this whole post-Thanksgiving holiday is camelcamelcamel.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in MD View Post

Koss doesn't police retailers the way that some manufacturers do (Senn, for instance).  They deal with distributors, not retailers, and establish a MSRP, but they told me they assume that retailers will sell below that.  They do not intend for the prices on their web site to undercut their retailers, so 35% on their site might mean lower prices elsewhere... or not.  In any case, from what I've seen by tracking them on Camelcamelcamel and elsewhere, prices in the $630 range have not been unusual.  Prices under $600 have been seen rarely... but being the patient (and cheap) hunter that I am, I'm waiting for that rare event...
 

post #7489 of 9815

I awoke this morning to see 40+ new posts, I thought surely I had missed something good. Slow Cyber Monday morning, though it seems...

post #7490 of 9815

Not a headphone deal, but the Kindle fire is on sale right now for $129. Not sure how good it is as a source but if you don't mind your tablet infested with ads than it might be a good deal.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083Q04IQ/ref=amb_link_366810122_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-2&pf_rd_r=01JHRRN1VHFHCEEC7MPR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1430470382&pf_rd_i=5550342011

 

Promocode: FIREDEAL 

post #7491 of 9815

What do you all think about the X10s for $85? Been looking to upgrade my in-ears to the ~$80 range and this feels good.

post #7492 of 9815

Working on an HE-400 deal.  

post #7493 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBC View Post

Same here.  I need other things like an upgraded HT receiver before the Koss but the current 950 price while enticing still leaves me on the fence.  

 

 

 

In that case, did you see the Onkyo TX-NR818 at Amazon? Down to $699. Not a bad deal for that receiver. 

post #7494 of 9815

Happy Cyber Monday!

 

HiFiMAN HE-400 for 349.95 with free shipping from Kraft Street Audio and fulfilled by Amazon.  These are listed as Used-Like New, but my guess is they're brand new since they have 4 in stock.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007ZG32I4/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

post #7495 of 9815

Nice.. but which revision?

post #7496 of 9815

probably current, but worst case--you send them to Head Direct for driver replacement.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman42 View Post

Nice.. but which revision?

post #7497 of 9815

I can't believe how often Amazon changes their prices.  I keep seeing the HD558s jump up and down from 179 to 159 to 169 and back within an hour of each other.  strange.

post #7498 of 9815

I did not see that 800 series one but the 700 series I decided against.  It's back up to $799 now.  Tempting.  I told myself if I go higher than $700 on a receiver then I would try a Marantz but the Onkyo has more power.  Lets see how low it goes today.....    

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

In that case, did you see the Onkyo TX-NR818 at Amazon? Down to $699. Not a bad deal for that receiver. 

post #7499 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronswanson View Post

I can't believe how often Amazon changes their prices.  I keep seeing the HD558s jump up and down from 179 to 159 to 169 and back within an hour of each other.  strange.

 

Supply and demand.  Real time.  We're not used to it because usually it requires someone to manually update the price which as we all know most Humans are lazy. :)

 

Amazon thrives on cashing in on when people are buying a product, so I'm sure most of their pricing systems are automated with _some_ Human over sight.

 

I've watched product rise in price throughout the day only to go down during the night and start to rise again during the day as people got online and purchased from them.

post #7500 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokendog View Post

 

Supply and demand.  Real time.  We're not used to it because usually it requires someone to manually update the price which as we all know most Humans are lazy. :)

 

Amazon thrives on cashing in on when people are buying a product, so I'm sure most of their pricing systems are automated with _some_ Human over sight.

 

I've watched product rise in price throughout the day only to go down during the night and start to rise again during the day as people got online and purchased from them.

Supply and Demand could be it, but I think it because amazon have multiple vendors selling.  Since the lowest price is almost always taken the vendors jockey their prices to beat out the other vendors on the site.  I looked into selling on amazon last year and found it to be very difficult and decided against it.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)