Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 493  

post #7381 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleeplim View Post

I had ordered a HRT Music Streamer II + High Resolution USB DAC from ALO Audio on Friday. I have just received an email informing me that my order's have been cancelled informing me that the item is not in stock.
... But at the item is still listed on their website! O_O http://www.aloaudio.com/hrt-music-streamer-ii-plus-high-resolution-usb-dac
How's that for customer service?! What kind of excuse it this?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

The fact that they even listed it at a discount is a surprise. ALO rarely runs discounts, and when they do its usually everyone else's normal price. I wouldn't get too upset about it. 

 

This business of ALO and other retailers not honoring their advertised prices is shameful, in my opinion.  If the retailer no longer has an item in stock, they should apologize to the customer, then present him with two choices:  Cancelling the order at the customer's discretion -OR- honoring the advertised price by shipping the item later, when it's back in stock. 

 

And I agree with eatsleeplim on this point, too:  Stop advertising the item on your web page.  The HRT Music Streamer II+ is still shown as available at ALO's Black Friday page, even now. A web-master could edit that page in about 30 seconds flat. 

 

Why would they want to alienate prospective future customers by behaving this way?  It's self-defeating.  Companies who mistreat their customers have no way of assessing the negative impact it has on their sales.  Customer service has to come first, ahead of everything else.

post #7382 of 9815

NHT is still advertising the MS Pro at $199: http://www.nhthifi.com/HRT-Music-Streamer-Pro?sc=12&category=2528

 

I can't imagine that two are available at that price.

post #7383 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgru View Post

NHT is still advertising the MS Pro at $199: http://www.nhthifi.com/HRT-Music-Streamer-Pro?sc=12&category=2528

 

I can't imagine that two are available at that price.

 

Just a note for anyone about to jump on this:  That DAC requires a balanced amp and interconnect cables with min-XLR connectors...

post #7384 of 9815

129 on the  m80 from amazon

post #7385 of 9815

...and now they're gone...dang

post #7386 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

...and now they're gone...dang

It lasted like 5 seconds :-)

post #7387 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

...and now they're gone...dang

Damn, that's a good price...

post #7388 of 9815

just got one off the waiting list for my nephew's birthday present. Paid $159.99 for mine so that was a great price

post #7389 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltamike View Post

20% off almost everything at http://www.midweststereo.com. This works on Grado's!

Not just grado's, they work on sennheisers as well. You can get the HD 25-1 ii for $150 with this code: TWENTYOFF

post #7390 of 9815
@AD900 deal purchasers: I just received a full refund from PayPal for the AD900s.
post #7391 of 9815
post #7392 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

 

 

This business of ALO and other retailers not honoring their advertised prices is shameful, in my opinion.  If the retailer no longer has an item in stock, they should apologize to the customer, then present him with two choices:  Cancelling the order at the customer's discretion -OR- honoring the advertised price by shipping the item later, when it's back in stock. 

 

And I agree with eatsleeplim on this point, too:  Stop advertising the item on your web page.  The HRT Music Streamer II+ is still shown as available at ALO's Black Friday page, even now. A web-master could edit that page in about 30 seconds flat. 

 

Why would they want to alienate prospective future customers by behaving this way?  It's self-defeating.  Companies who mistreat their customers have no way of assessing the negative impact it has on their sales.  Customer service has to come first, ahead of everything else.


Welcome to the modern era where it's all about the money and nobody cares about people. If you think it's bad now give it another 15 years when the teens of the parents who pull this kind of garbage off are out of school and in the offices calling the shots. You'll see real thievery then

post #7393 of 9815

I must have replied to the wrong post, it was the Audio Technica and not the Beyer.  Although I have the Beyers they were much more than $72...

 

Sorry for the mistype!

post #7394 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltamike View Post

20% off almost everything at http://www.midweststereo.com. This works on Grado's!


Finally some thing for Grados.....I've been waiting a long time to get the RS1i and I pounced on it! Thanks for posting!

post #7395 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

@AD900 deal purchasers: I just received a full refund from PayPal for the AD900s.
i had made 2 orders for the AD900 (one order each from the 2 times there were offers from buydig).
The first order was cancelled (and refunded), while my 2nd order has been sent with tracking info. O_O

anyone else has their AD900 orders fulfilled?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)