Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 435  

post #6511 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherlives View Post

I just wanted to mention I am on my second refurb'd Sansa Clip+ 4gb from Newegg.  The first one held a 4-5 hour charge, tops (the advertise 15 hrs).  The second one does not recognize microSD cards.  This is obviously unacceptable.  

 

I brought up the fact that the refurbs have bad reviews in this thread before I bought it, but was pretty much blown off, with stuff such as "only people with bad experiences write reviews", or "its fine I have a lot of refurb products", etc.  I responded that newegg usually has pretty fair reviews, but that fell on deaf ears.  

 

Anyway, I just RMA'd this again, they gave me a refund, which is cool.  I will buy a non-refurb, its a great device.  I would *highly* recommend that people do not buy the refurb Sansa Clip+'s, and spend the extra 8 bucks for a non-refurb.  I would have happily done the same, but for some reason the first time I was buying they were above 40 bucks, which seemed to be an anomaly, but I didnt want to wait.

 

The Clip is picky about microSD cards. I bought a Kingston that it didn't like, then replaced it with a SanDisk that worked great.

post #6512 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter1 View Post

 

a formidable victory, by anyone's standards beyersmile.png

The fact that my audio hobby has made us $ thus far (from buying multiple cans at super cheap prices and ebaying them for profit, keeping one pair for myself) made the hit easier to take, I think.  

 

I did promise to sell my backup pairs of triplefi 10's, monster miles davis turbines, and sennheiser hd558, though.  A fair tradeoff, though.  She's pretty awesome.  dt880smile.png

post #6513 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post

The fact that my audio hobby has made us $ thus far (from buying multiple cans at super cheap prices and ebaying them for profit, keeping one pair for myself) made the hit easier to take, I think.  

 

I did promise to sell my backup pairs of triplefi 10's, monster miles davis turbines, and sennheiser hd558, though.  A fair tradeoff, though.  She's pretty awesome.  dt880smile.png


She let you have backup pairs before?

Wow, she's a keeper.

post #6514 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post

The fact that my audio hobby has made us $ thus far (from buying multiple cans at super cheap prices and ebaying them for profit, keeping one pair for myself) made the hit easier to take, I think.  

 

I did promise to sell my backup pairs of triplefi 10's, monster miles davis turbines, and sennheiser hd558, though.  A fair tradeoff, though.  She's pretty awesome.  dt880smile.png

 

Do you have/would be interested in selling just the original boxing for the 558 to me..?

post #6515 of 9815
I do still have the box.. It’s in perfect shape, too. Why do you want it, and how much are you offering for it?
post #6516 of 9815

Not really a deal but today ONLY, SkullCandy is donating 100% of its online sales to the Sandy effort. If you wanted an item online for a few weeks and want to also help, this is a good way.

post #6517 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Not really a deal but today ONLY, SkullCandy is donating 100% of its online sales to the Sandy effort. If you wanted an item online for a few weeks and want to also help, this is a good way.

 

Wow, that's quite a step.

post #6518 of 9815
post #6519 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

Wow, that's quite a step.

If you happened to want a set of Aviators and also thought about helping out to Sandy. Why not. 

 

Otherwise if you are very donaty. Just buy a headphone, and then sell it at 80% price NIB and then donate those proceeds. You are then left paying that 20% but donating a whole lot more.

post #6520 of 9815

Earphone Solution coupon is getting more useless, before the usual exclusion is ony Beats, Grado, Klipsch and Sennheiser,

a couple weeks ago excludes Beyerdynamic, now even Shure is excluded from these coupons, what is this dealer thinking?

post #6521 of 9815
What up fellas/ladies

Long time lurker......ya guys have helped me out so much in the past (deals/opinions/reviews)

Found a crazy deal for Audio-Technica ATH-AD300 for $29.99 @ Buydig *free shipping

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATHAD300

Use code DJREC30 at checkout
Edited by SammyDaBiz - 11/11/12 at 12:42pm
post #6522 of 9815

Interesting price on the AD300.

 

Tdockweiler's review, if anyone's interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-ad300/reviews/6230

post #6523 of 9815

Audio Technica ATH-AD900 

 

$195 with free shipping 

 

 

 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD900-Audiophile-Open-air-Headphones/dp/B0006OQY2S

 

CamelCamelCamel shows this price of $195 to be a "Best Price" - the lowest price seen in over a year - with them selling recently at around $260.00:   http://camelcamelcamel.com/Technica-ATH-AD900-Audiophile-Open-air-Headphones/product/B0006OQY2S

 

Note that the ATH-AD900 is one of only four headphones that DavidMahler rated as an A+ relative to its price, in his recent article:

 

Battle Of The Flagships (50+ Headphones Compared)

 

Mike

post #6524 of 9815

Not a huge deal, but the HD650 is $403 directly from Amazon, which it hasn't been since July. I would wait on it, but some people don't like to buy from 3rd party sellers...

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00018MSNI/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=new&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

post #6525 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

Audio Technica ATH-AD900 

 

$195 with free shipping 

 

 

 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD900-Audiophile-Open-air-Headphones/dp/B0006OQY2S

 

CamelCamelCamel shows this price of $195 to be a "Best Price" - the lowest price seen in over a year - with them selling recently at around $260.00:   http://camelcamelcamel.com/Technica-ATH-AD900-Audiophile-Open-air-Headphones/product/B0006OQY2S

 

Note that the ATH-AD900 is one of only four headphones that DavidMahler rated as an A+ relative to its price, in his recent article:

 

Battle Of The Flagships (50+ Headphones Compared)

 

Mike

 

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ATATHAD900  only $189,use coupon DigFallSave5 can get extra $5 off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)