Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 422  

post #6316 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by niten View Post

The old Denon line is getting harder and harder to come by.

If they do decide to hunt a d7k I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later.

 

That's what I was hinting :)   The D2000 are already inflating in price. The D7000 will be hit soon too

post #6317 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

The Uptowns were $40 at JR briefly, but that's long past. Very comfy, although if you're comparing deals for tone I prefer the $40 (now even cheaper if you can find them) Sony ZX701ip headphones.

 

Sorry to be a downer but if the Philips Uptowns/Downtowns sound worse than the ZX701iP I would stay far, far away from them. I was very disappointed in the ZX701iP. I liked everything about them but their midrage which is absolutely awful and ruins them for me.

 

Edit: I shouldn't say I liked everything about them besides the midrange because they really don't have much resolution or soundstage to speak of but its the awful midrage that badly throws off the tonality of the ZX701iP and makes them a lose in my book. Its hard to like a $100+ headphone that has significantly lower sound quality in every way compared to the $40 Beyer DT 235.


Edited by devhen - 10/25/12 at 12:47pm
post #6318 of 9815

I listened to the Sonys at Staples and passed on them-- the drivers touched my ears, and they did not seem comfortable...

Right now I'm between:
Beyer DT880

Beyer COP

Audio Technica A900x
V-Moda M100

 

But I'm wondering if I should just save some coin and grab the Uptowns.  That looks like a good price/performance ratio-- they're better reviewed than the Sony set was.

post #6319 of 9815
post #6320 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlexsparkee View Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000F2BLTM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

 

DT880 250 ohm for $150, like-new


Hesitant to pull the trigger since that seller only has 4 rating and doesn't seem very active

post #6321 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

 

E.Expo  should be selling open box for $500, maybe 5-6 months from now.

 

I wouldn't get a pair even at that price. If you're waiting for that, I'd suggest hunting down a pair of D7000

 

Hmm, they are that bad? I do not follow thread on new denon series.

 

I have D2K will look at molding them...better than hunting D7K

post #6322 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

 

Hmm, they are that bad? I do not follow thread on new denon series.

 

I have D2K will look at molding them...better than hunting D7K

Lawton mods really help that line a lot. I don't think the D7100 sound better than the D2000

post #6323 of 9815

Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

Sorry to be a downer but if the Philips Uptowns/Downtowns sound worse than the ZX701iP I would stay far, far away from them. I was very disappointed in the ZX701iP. I liked everything about them but their midrage which is absolutely awful and ruins them for me.

 

Edit: I shouldn't say I liked everything about them besides the midrange because they really don't have much resolution or soundstage to speak of but its the awful midrage that badly throws off the tonality of the ZX701iP and makes them a lose in my book. Its hard to like a $100+ headphone that has significantly lower sound quality in every way compared to the $40 Beyer DT 235.

 

You might like the Uptowns. I personally didn't like them as well as the Sonys, but many might disagree. For the clearance prices I think they are both good deals, but neither is worth anything close to their original asking price IMO. My JVC S500's outclass them both by far in everything except comfort, and those are $50 phones.

post #6324 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post

You might like the Uptowns. I personally didn't like them as well as the Sonys, but many might disagree. For the clearance prices I think they are both good deals, but neither is worth anything close to their original asking price IMO. My JVC S500's outclass them both by far in everything except comfort, and those are $50 phones.

 

Yeah I've heard great things about the S500. I think anyone considering these $40 clearance prices should instead consider the DT235 or S500 which regularly sell at that price and beat the others handily. You can have good sound quality and a decent soundstage for $40-$50 you just need to look in the right places. :)

post #6325 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

I don't know if any DAP's out there take regular sized SDXC or not but tiger has a 128GB for 69.99 after 15 dollar rebate.
120 everywhere else. Free ship.
hope that's not a derail but.... good deali just ordered one.

Very tempted to buy this and an sd to zif adapter for like 10 bucks and shoving it in an IPod

post #6326 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline79 View Post

To prove that there are deals in Europe that can be better than the US, I happen to be in Italy on business and google ads popped up with this great price on the Creative Aurvana Live:  50euros, or about $65US taxes in!  You italians should jump on this one:

 

http://it.store.creative.com/cuffie/aurvana-live/437-17088.aspx


Further to my Europe report, if you're in the market for a Sennheiser MM450X, they are a good deal at 249.99Euros at Terminal A in Frankfurt Airport.  That's ~$325US!

That store also had a great spread of Sennheiser demos, including the HD700 and Momentum.  I guess it's Sennheiser HQ there!

post #6327 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Burson Soloist $699 http://www.partsconnexion.com/t/eblast/sat_sale/sat_sale2.html

 

How did you learn about this sale?!? I'm subscribed to their newsletter but I never received a single word about it. It's really sad you're posting it a week after it's over, I would have jumped on those BlackGates... frown.gif

 

Edit1: Ah never mind, it's the 20 years old F series. These are probably not worth anything these days. But that Hakko soldering station was a good deal.

 

Edit2: FU google! All of those newsletters were thought by Gmail as spam, that's why they never reached my inbox... mad.gif


Edited by KimLaroux - 10/25/12 at 7:54pm
post #6328 of 9815
post #6329 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster2010 View Post

Beyerdynamic DT770M New $109 @ Shoreline

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/closeouts/closeout-beyerdynamic-dt770-m/


Nice find. Shoreline is a great company.

post #6330 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster2010 View Post

Beyerdynamic DT770M New $109 @ Shoreline

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/closeouts/closeout-beyerdynamic-dt770-m/

Their "Identical to the DT770 Pro, but closed for better noise isolation" is very wrong... the longer description of

 

"The dynamic, closed DT 770 M has especially been designed for drummers and FOH monitoring. The strengthened headband and the softskin ear pads provide an excellent isolation against ambient noise. The single sided straight cable allows a volume control directly at the headphone."

 

is more accurate.  A coworker of mine put in an order for a DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm on Amazon a month or so ago on my recommendation (which Donald North of http://dnaudio.com/ turned me on to at the LA meet in August).  They were from the Amazon Warehouse, but they botched the order and sent her this, the DT 770M.  A couple things of note:

 

* The sound signature is way different.  Not meant for listening or mastering or the like.  Meant for drummers and clearly so.  Super bass heavy and treble light in a way to let a drummer hear what they want while... you know... drumming.

* The ear pads are a leathery material that is nowhere nearly as comfortable as the DT 770 Pro

* There's a volume slider on the cable that most of us won't care about.

 

Both the DT 770M and DT 770 Pro are closed and offer good noise isolation, but if you're on the market for something to listen to music with, it's two very different stories.  I recommend the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm highly... but the DT 770M has a very different use and again is not good for listening.

 

But hey, if you're specifically on the market for a DT 770M, that's a good find and a good place to order from.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)