I am in the market for some open cans. I have no issue buying used gear, and would like to spend around $250-300 max. Although I haven't built it yet, I have all the parts for the millett starving student hybrid amp, its only a matter of me taking time to get it done. So amping shouldn't be an issue. I currently use Grado SR-80, and while I do like them a lot, i am just looking for something different. I listen to a lot of classic rock/prog, jazz fusion, and electronic music.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Recommendation (Rock,Metal, <$300) Last post on 9/12/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice in audiophile headphone choosing Last post on 3/20/11 at 5:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open phones under $100 to complement my closed Ultrasones? Last post on 9/4/11 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Looking for open cans, new or used around $250post #1 of 48/3/10 at 10:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/4/10 at 11:56amThread Starterpost #3 of 48/4/10 at 12:42pm
I like the mix and match of sounds between my SR80s and the AKG K702. I have a similar taste in music to you and like the choice of dynamics vs detail. Prog and jazz suit both cans IMO.post #4 of 48/4/10 at 2:08pm
AKG 242 HD might be a good choice for you. its retailing for around $280 now. Ashame, because it was going for less then $240 only a few short days ago. Still, its within your budget. Good luck with your search.
- Looking for open cans, new or used around $250
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 25 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Help me choose headphones for under $300! 1 minute ago
- › HD558- Frequency V/S Imedance Curve 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Kimber Kable KCAG 1m XLR Interconnects. FREE Shipping! 4 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)