I have owned the UE SF5pro and the TF10 so far. what is the next step that is worth taking? if I sell both my iems I should have almost 300€, I could also add some more for a total maximum of 400€. they must have removeable cables, I destroyed 3 cables in 2 years so there is no way I´m going to get one with fixed cables.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandWestonetagged by System, 8/3/10
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 8/3/10
- productWESTONE UM2 TRUE FIT DUAL DRIVER EARPHONES UM 2tagged by System, 8/3/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Need help with Westone UM3X or any other earphones Last post on 8/11/10 at 1:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- choosing IEM dilemma Last post on 2/15/11 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones that sound similar to Westone UM2/UM3 or UE TF10s? Last post on 9/9/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Attempt at a Review of the Fidelity Triples Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
looking a TF10 replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/2/10 at 5:57pm
What kind of sound do you want?
As for something like the Triple.Fi 10, I have not heard anything. The Triple.Fi 10 has a pretty unique sound signature that is far from common. Depending on what traits you wouldn't mind keeping and which traits you'd like to change, there may be certain options out there that will suit you well. You'll just have to tell us what you're looking for.post #3 of 98/3/10 at 6:57amThread Starter
I do like the bass and the highs when they are up in the players EQ. I´m someone who likes good soundquality but also likes the music to sound in a fun way that is not neutral, just check my EQ on my player to see what I mean:
everything is pushed up like the bass or else it sounds pretty flat like listening to some old radio or something.
I know that the further you go up in IEMs the more neutral the sound becomes. but I guess that can be cured with the EQ to some extend. Someone recommended me the Westone UM3x. What would you recommend?post #4 of 98/3/10 at 7:12am
the only others in this range with removable cables i can think of, are the shure se535, the sennheiser IE8 and the sleek audio sa7. all three aren't really that big a step up from the tf10s though. if you really want a step up in SQ, you'd want to look into customs.post #5 of 98/3/10 at 8:15ampost #6 of 98/3/10 at 9:05amThread Starterpost #7 of 98/3/10 at 11:05ampost #8 of 98/3/10 at 11:32amThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking a TF10 replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › IBasso Audio IT03 11 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hello, please need help to decide between 2 Daps (ibasso x50 vs... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 8 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear