I have owned the UE SF5pro and the TF10 so far. what is the next step that is worth taking? if I sell both my iems I should have almost 300€, I could also add some more for a total maximum of 400€. they must have removeable cables, I destroyed 3 cables in 2 years so there is no way I´m going to get one with fixed cables.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandWestonetagged by System, 8/3/10
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 8/3/10
- productWESTONE UM2 TRUE FIT DUAL DRIVER EARPHONES UM 2tagged by System, 8/3/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Need help with Westone UM3X or any other earphones Last post on 8/11/10 at 1:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- choosing IEM dilemma Last post on 2/15/11 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones that sound similar to Westone UM2/UM3 or UE TF10s? Last post on 9/9/10 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Attempt at a Review of the Fidelity Triples Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
looking a TF10 replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What kind of sound do you want?
As for something like the Triple.Fi 10, I have not heard anything. The Triple.Fi 10 has a pretty unique sound signature that is far from common. Depending on what traits you wouldn't mind keeping and which traits you'd like to change, there may be certain options out there that will suit you well. You'll just have to tell us what you're looking for.
I do like the bass and the highs when they are up in the players EQ. I´m someone who likes good soundquality but also likes the music to sound in a fun way that is not neutral, just check my EQ on my player to see what I mean:
everything is pushed up like the bass or else it sounds pretty flat like listening to some old radio or something.
I know that the further you go up in IEMs the more neutral the sound becomes. but I guess that can be cured with the EQ to some extend. Someone recommended me the Westone UM3x. What would you recommend?
the only others in this range with removable cables i can think of, are the shure se535, the sennheiser IE8 and the sleek audio sa7. all three aren't really that big a step up from the tf10s though. if you really want a step up in SQ, you'd want to look into customs.
- looking a TF10 replacement
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Who can you recommend for a HD 800 Balanced cable. 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2