Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a little help picking out a good set of cans ~100 Last post on 8/8/10 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- random amazon find: ATH-AD700 for $91 (plus a HD555 for Canadians) Last post on 8/4/10 at 6:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for gaming ~120 Last post on 7/29/10 at 9:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with choosing lower priced headphone. Last post on 7/25/10 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 Review (My first good headphones and review) Last post on 7/22/10 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod! - Page 3post #31 of 659/19/10 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 659/19/10 at 11:05pm
this is the cheapest ive found it. a large piece for 15. is that a good deal or not?post #33 of 659/19/10 at 11:06pm
well i use winamp for my music so i will just use their presets for full treble and bass. it usually has a good selection.post #34 of 659/19/10 at 11:07pm
thanks for finally posting on this thread again though. im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts. just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine. will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort? this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right? i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there. i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.post #35 of 659/19/10 at 11:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
this is the cheapest ive found it. a large piece for 15. is that a good deal or not?
Look at this, it could be interesting to try :
http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-mat-Memory-Foam-Mouse-Pad/dp/B0012H6H7A/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284963244&sr=1-20post #36 of 659/19/10 at 11:26pm
yeah, no. that is probably a fiber lining with cheap foam inside. does anyone have 2 small pieces they could send in an envelope with a stamp? id pay 1.50 for it.post #37 of 659/19/10 at 11:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Beware of this preset, it seems too much and the "full treble" part is really not suitable for the AD700. This headphone already has plenty of treble!post #38 of 659/19/10 at 11:30pmpost #39 of 659/19/10 at 11:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
thanks for finally posting on this thread again though. im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts. just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine. will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort? this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right? i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there. i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.
I can't answer for your personal case, just give this a try. It's an easily reversible modpost #40 of 659/20/10 at 12:50pm
wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious. they fit like a cloud now. seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol. like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light. after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head. i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow. thanks so much for this mod!post #41 of 6510/4/10 at 6:17pm
What did you end up using for the foam? I would like to do this, but I am not sure where to get the foam.
Quote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious. they fit like a cloud now. seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol. like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light. after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head. i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow. thanks so much for this mod!post #42 of 6510/5/10 at 11:34am
yeah i didnt use foam. i just turned the ear pads so the masking tape was facing the rear of the headphones, so i wouldnt see it everytime i put the headphones on. would still like to get some foam. the guy who posted this said he would send me some but i have yet to see it. if you need any dynamat or fiberloft i have tons of that i could sell for really cheap.post #43 of 6510/6/10 at 4:46am
Can anybody describe the change in sound? All I've heard is that it ranges from nothing (improves comfort only) to "sounds better". I have the AD-900 and it reduces the bass and bass impact significantly and the sound looses it's immediacy. Mine fit a bit loose but I personally prefer the fit this way, stuffing the pads makes them a bit too hard for me.post #44 of 6510/6/10 at 7:31am
I haven't notice much of a difference on my AD700 but on my old W1000 I noticed what you are describing. You can try a variety of materials, some foams will "soak up" the treble/bass.
I have my AD700's stuffed with foam packing peanuts and I'm liking it so far. With the peanuts I can adjust the fit by adding or removing a few of thempost #45 of 6512/19/10 at 9:04pmThread Starter
After all those mods on my AD700, I got tired and finally sold them. For an overall better experience, I prefer my Shure SRH440 (with SRH840 earpads). The midrange and treble a little less transparent, but everything else is better, from bass impact and depth to wearing comfort, noise isolation and sensitivity.
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NW-ZX100HN (with NC Earphone) + Sony Leather Case 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear