Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a little help picking out a good set of cans ~100 Last post on 8/8/10 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- random amazon find: ATH-AD700 for $91 (plus a HD555 for Canadians) Last post on 8/4/10 at 6:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for gaming ~120 Last post on 7/29/10 at 9:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with choosing lower priced headphone. Last post on 7/25/10 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 Review (My first good headphones and review) Last post on 7/22/10 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod! - Page 3post #31 of 659/19/10 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 659/19/10 at 11:05pm
this is the cheapest ive found it. a large piece for 15. is that a good deal or not?post #33 of 659/19/10 at 11:06pm
well i use winamp for my music so i will just use their presets for full treble and bass. it usually has a good selection.post #34 of 659/19/10 at 11:07pm
thanks for finally posting on this thread again though. im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts. just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine. will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort? this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right? i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there. i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.post #35 of 659/19/10 at 11:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
this is the cheapest ive found it. a large piece for 15. is that a good deal or not?
Look at this, it could be interesting to try :
http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-mat-Memory-Foam-Mouse-Pad/dp/B0012H6H7A/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284963244&sr=1-20post #36 of 659/19/10 at 11:26pm
yeah, no. that is probably a fiber lining with cheap foam inside. does anyone have 2 small pieces they could send in an envelope with a stamp? id pay 1.50 for it.post #37 of 659/19/10 at 11:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Beware of this preset, it seems too much and the "full treble" part is really not suitable for the AD700. This headphone already has plenty of treble!post #38 of 659/19/10 at 11:30pmpost #39 of 659/19/10 at 11:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
thanks for finally posting on this thread again though. im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts. just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine. will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort? this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right? i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there. i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.
I can't answer for your personal case, just give this a try. It's an easily reversible modpost #40 of 659/20/10 at 12:50pm
wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious. they fit like a cloud now. seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol. like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light. after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head. i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow. thanks so much for this mod!post #41 of 6510/4/10 at 6:17pm
What did you end up using for the foam? I would like to do this, but I am not sure where to get the foam.
Quote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious. they fit like a cloud now. seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol. like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light. after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head. i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow. thanks so much for this mod!post #42 of 6510/5/10 at 11:34am
yeah i didnt use foam. i just turned the ear pads so the masking tape was facing the rear of the headphones, so i wouldnt see it everytime i put the headphones on. would still like to get some foam. the guy who posted this said he would send me some but i have yet to see it. if you need any dynamat or fiberloft i have tons of that i could sell for really cheap.post #43 of 6510/6/10 at 4:46am
Can anybody describe the change in sound? All I've heard is that it ranges from nothing (improves comfort only) to "sounds better". I have the AD-900 and it reduces the bass and bass impact significantly and the sound looses it's immediacy. Mine fit a bit loose but I personally prefer the fit this way, stuffing the pads makes them a bit too hard for me.post #44 of 6510/6/10 at 7:31am
I haven't notice much of a difference on my AD700 but on my old W1000 I noticed what you are describing. You can try a variety of materials, some foams will "soak up" the treble/bass.
I have my AD700's stuffed with foam packing peanuts and I'm liking it so far. With the peanuts I can adjust the fit by adding or removing a few of thempost #45 of 6512/19/10 at 9:04pmThread Starter
After all those mods on my AD700, I got tired and finally sold them. For an overall better experience, I prefer my Shure SRH440 (with SRH840 earpads). The midrange and treble a little less transparent, but everything else is better, from bass impact and depth to wearing comfort, noise isolation and sensitivity.
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 53 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sabre DAC static help 2 minutes ago
- › Flagship Fostex TH900 - Available to USA only 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS1000i - to me or not for me 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 9 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2