Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a little help picking out a good set of cans ~100 Last post on 8/8/10 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- random amazon find: ATH-AD700 for $91 (plus a HD555 for Canadians) Last post on 8/4/10 at 6:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones for gaming ~120 Last post on 7/29/10 at 9:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with choosing lower priced headphone. Last post on 7/25/10 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 Review (My first good headphones and review) Last post on 7/22/10 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod! - Page 3post #31 of 659/19/10 at 11:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 659/19/10 at 11:05pm
this is the cheapest ive found it. a large piece for 15. is that a good deal or not?post #33 of 659/19/10 at 11:06pm
well i use winamp for my music so i will just use their presets for full treble and bass. it usually has a good selection.post #34 of 659/19/10 at 11:07pm
thanks for finally posting on this thread again though. im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts. just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine. will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort? this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right? i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there. i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.post #35 of 659/19/10 at 11:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
this is the cheapest ive found it. a large piece for 15. is that a good deal or not?
Look at this, it could be interesting to try :
http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-mat-Memory-Foam-Mouse-Pad/dp/B0012H6H7A/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284963244&sr=1-20post #36 of 659/19/10 at 11:26pm
yeah, no. that is probably a fiber lining with cheap foam inside. does anyone have 2 small pieces they could send in an envelope with a stamp? id pay 1.50 for it.post #37 of 659/19/10 at 11:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Beware of this preset, it seems too much and the "full treble" part is really not suitable for the AD700. This headphone already has plenty of treble!post #38 of 659/19/10 at 11:30pmpost #39 of 659/19/10 at 11:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
thanks for finally posting on this thread again though. im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts. just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine. will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort? this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right? i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there. i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.
I can't answer for your personal case, just give this a try. It's an easily reversible modpost #40 of 659/20/10 at 12:50pm
wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious. they fit like a cloud now. seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol. like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light. after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head. i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow. thanks so much for this mod!post #41 of 6510/4/10 at 6:17pm
What did you end up using for the foam? I would like to do this, but I am not sure where to get the foam.
Quote:Originally Posted by jschristian44
wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious. they fit like a cloud now. seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol. like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light. after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head. i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow. thanks so much for this mod!post #42 of 6510/5/10 at 11:34am
yeah i didnt use foam. i just turned the ear pads so the masking tape was facing the rear of the headphones, so i wouldnt see it everytime i put the headphones on. would still like to get some foam. the guy who posted this said he would send me some but i have yet to see it. if you need any dynamat or fiberloft i have tons of that i could sell for really cheap.post #43 of 6510/6/10 at 4:46am
Can anybody describe the change in sound? All I've heard is that it ranges from nothing (improves comfort only) to "sounds better". I have the AD-900 and it reduces the bass and bass impact significantly and the sound looses it's immediacy. Mine fit a bit loose but I personally prefer the fit this way, stuffing the pads makes them a bit too hard for me.post #44 of 6510/6/10 at 7:31am
I haven't notice much of a difference on my AD700 but on my old W1000 I noticed what you are describing. You can try a variety of materials, some foams will "soak up" the treble/bass.
I have my AD700's stuffed with foam packing peanuts and I'm liking it so far. With the peanuts I can adjust the fit by adding or removing a few of thempost #45 of 6512/19/10 at 9:04pmThread Starter
After all those mods on my AD700, I got tired and finally sold them. For an overall better experience, I prefer my Shure SRH440 (with SRH840 earpads). The midrange and treble a little less transparent, but everything else is better, from bass impact and depth to wearing comfort, noise isolation and sensitivity.
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2