Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod! - Page 3

post #31 of 65
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

and how do you get into that equalizer in foobar!



Here :

 

Foobar.jpg

post #32 of 65

this is the cheapest ive found it.  a large piece for 15.  is that a good deal or not?

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Barrier-Acoustic-Foam-PSA/dp/B0007XGKRW/ref=sr_1_12?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284962530&sr=8-12

post #33 of 65

well i use winamp for my music so i will just use their presets for full treble and bass.  it usually has a good selection.

post #34 of 65

thanks for finally posting on this thread again though.  im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts.  just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine.  will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort?  this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right?  i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there.  i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.

post #35 of 65
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

this is the cheapest ive found it.  a large piece for 15.  is that a good deal or not?

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Barrier-Acoustic-Foam-PSA/dp/B0007XGKRW/ref=sr_1_12?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284962530&sr=8-12

 

Look at this, it could be interesting to try :

http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-mat-Memory-Foam-Mouse-Pad/dp/B0012H6H7A/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284963244&sr=1-20

post #36 of 65

yeah, no.  that is probably a fiber lining with cheap foam inside.  does anyone have 2 small pieces they could send in an envelope with a stamp?  id pay 1.50 for it.

post #37 of 65
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

well i use winamp for my music so i will just use their presets for full treble and bass.  it usually has a good selection.


Beware of this preset, it seems too much and the "full treble" part is really not suitable for the AD700. This headphone already has plenty of treble!

post #38 of 65

lol thanks

post #39 of 65
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

thanks for finally posting on this thread again though.  im going to do this mod tomorrow when i get the parts.  just curious, i have a large head and i think the ad700 fit just fine.  will this make them be more snug to my head than they are causing discomfort?  this mod was done for small heads that had discomfort with these right?  i feel if i angle them front just a bit on my head, they fit perfectly and i barely know their there.  i dont want this mod to make them hard to wear.


I can't answer for your personal case, just give this a try. It's an easily reversible mod

post #40 of 65

wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious.  they fit like a cloud now.  seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol.  like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light.  after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head.  i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow.  thanks so much for this mod!

post #41 of 65

What did you end up using for the foam? I would like to do this, but I am not sure where to get the foam.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

wow i have to say that this mod is pure genious.  they fit like a cloud now.  seriously i can't even feel them on my head at all lol.  like the other person said when he got them he thought they fell out of the box because they were so light.  after doing this mod, they seriously feel like nothing is on my head.  i had to admit that i was sceptic about doing this mod but wow.  thanks so much for this mod!

post #42 of 65

yeah i didnt use foam.  i just turned the ear pads so the masking tape was facing the rear of the headphones, so i wouldnt see it everytime i put the headphones on.  would still like to get some foam.  the guy who posted this said he would send me some but i have yet to see it.  if you need any dynamat or fiberloft i have tons of that i could sell for really cheap.

post #43 of 65

Can anybody describe the change in sound?  All I've heard is that it ranges from nothing (improves comfort only) to "sounds better".  I have the AD-900 and it reduces the bass and bass impact significantly and the sound looses it's immediacy.  Mine fit a bit loose but I personally prefer the fit this way, stuffing the pads makes them a bit too hard for me.

post #44 of 65

I haven't notice much of a difference on my AD700 but on my old W1000 I noticed what you are describing. You can try a variety of materials, some foams will "soak up" the treble/bass.

 

I have my AD700's stuffed with foam packing peanuts and I'm liking it so far. With the peanuts I can adjust the fit by adding or removing a few of them smily_headphones1.gif  

post #45 of 65
Thread Starter 

After all those mods on my AD700, I got tired and finally sold them. For an overall better experience, I prefer my Shure SRH440 (with SRH840 earpads). The midrange and treble a little less transparent, but everything else is better, from bass impact and depth to wearing comfort, noise isolation and sensitivity.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 : fit and comfort mod!