Like a lot of people, I had problems with AD700 fit and comfort. They were loose on my head and the top portion of the earpads were appart of my head. Moreover, the AD700 is not really circumaural, since the ear rests on the (very large) earpad. This bothers me so I had to make some enhancements.
Here's my recipe.
Hardware needed :
- RG6 Coaxial Cable (24")
- Gray Open Cell Poly Foam (14")
- Masking Tape (as needed)
1. For each earcup, cut ±12" of RG6 coax cable and form a circle with it. Then tape it tightly with Masking Tape.
2. Insert the RG6 coax cable hoop inside the earpad.
3. For each earcup, cut ±7" of Open Cell Poly Foam and insert it inside the earpad. Position it where the upper part and rear part of the ear rest.
4. The result should look like this.
5. You can combine this with the rubber band mod, if you have (like me) a very small head.
6. Now for the AD700 to be real circumaural, you have to put the helix of your ear inside the earpad, like this.
This may seem and feel strange at first, but it works. Your AD700 is now a real circumaural headphone and comfort is much greater for small heads!
Try it and leave me your comments.