Hey, I've posted here and there and I've been considering getting some new headphones after something just did not feel as awesome with my sr-80s, which led me to here(contrary to popular belief avoiding this forum will not save your wallet) I want something that can pump lots of bass when I want it, but does not completly take over my rock/metal songs like a skullcandy would. My music tastes right now are Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Hip Hop, and Pop. My main artists are Venom, Immortal, Shakira, and Mike Jones. I want a larger soundstage than my sr-80i has, and as long as it is noticably larger I'm happy, I also game a lot and want a headphone that can do that too, my main games are Crysis, Dragon Age, and GTAIV and the only thing I can say that makes me feel the SR-80i is lacking would be bass and soundstage, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic and Grado, specificly the Magnum mod. I want to buy in the end of October, as I'm hoping I'll get some money to help with the upgrade. I look forward to some good recommendations.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 8/3/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! Last post on 5/9/13 at 4:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica Announces Revised ART Monitor Series, New Open Headphones Last post on 1/28/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica AT 705 Electrets NOS Last post on 5/1/14 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest Portable Over Ear Headphones Last post on 6/13/11 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
New headphones this October, help pleasepost #1 of 67/31/10 at 4:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/31/10 at 5:00pmpost #3 of 67/31/10 at 5:14pm
Welcome to Head-Fi.
The Beyerdynamic DT990/600 should do pretty well especially if you didn't find the SR80s harsh. Great bass, soundstage, and detail. Of course an amp is highly recommended.
What's your budget? Would you consider an amp?
Edited by NapalmK - 7/31/10 at 5:15pmpost #4 of 67/31/10 at 6:04pmThread Starter
my budget is $600 so if I could get an amp $100 or less that would be ok, also I run out of a ASUS Xonar Essence STX, so I kind of have an amp.
EDIT: I want an open back headphone and I prefer on-ear like the Grado.
Edited by MohawkUS - 7/31/10 at 6:06pmpost #5 of 67/31/10 at 6:15pm
- New headphones this October, help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 28 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 30 seconds ago
- › Most Underrated Guitarists 58 seconds ago
- › V-moda XS On-Ear Headphones (White/Silver) 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › new member, old UE owner, looking to own more IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3