Hey, I've posted here and there and I've been considering getting some new headphones after something just did not feel as awesome with my sr-80s, which led me to here(contrary to popular belief avoiding this forum will not save your wallet) I want something that can pump lots of bass when I want it, but does not completly take over my rock/metal songs like a skullcandy would. My music tastes right now are Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Hip Hop, and Pop. My main artists are Venom, Immortal, Shakira, and Mike Jones. I want a larger soundstage than my sr-80i has, and as long as it is noticably larger I'm happy, I also game a lot and want a headphone that can do that too, my main games are Crysis, Dragon Age, and GTAIV and the only thing I can say that makes me feel the SR-80i is lacking would be bass and soundstage, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic and Grado, specificly the Magnum mod. I want to buy in the end of October, as I'm hoping I'll get some money to help with the upgrade. I look forward to some good recommendations.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 8/3/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! Last post on 5/9/13 at 4:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica Announces Revised ART Monitor Series, New Open Headphones Last post on 1/28/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just scored Audio Technica AT 705 Electrets NEW IN BOX! Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest Portable Over Ear Headphones Last post on 6/13/11 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
New headphones this October, help pleasepost #1 of 67/31/10 at 4:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/31/10 at 5:00pmpost #3 of 67/31/10 at 5:14pm
Welcome to Head-Fi.
The Beyerdynamic DT990/600 should do pretty well especially if you didn't find the SR80s harsh. Great bass, soundstage, and detail. Of course an amp is highly recommended.
What's your budget? Would you consider an amp?
Edited by NapalmK - 7/31/10 at 5:15pmpost #4 of 67/31/10 at 6:04pmThread Starter
my budget is $600 so if I could get an amp $100 or less that would be ok, also I run out of a ASUS Xonar Essence STX, so I kind of have an amp.
EDIT: I want an open back headphone and I prefer on-ear like the Grado.
Edited by MohawkUS - 7/31/10 at 6:06pmpost #5 of 67/31/10 at 6:15pm
- New headphones this October, help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Please enlighten me about DSD/SACD, DVD-A or DTS- confused 6 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Headphone + HiFiMan EF2A Advice 1 minute ago
- › Looking for new DAC, suggestions please... 1 minute ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D Headphone Amp + DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Galaxy music player power input bad. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe