Hey, I've posted here and there and I've been considering getting some new headphones after something just did not feel as awesome with my sr-80s, which led me to here(contrary to popular belief avoiding this forum will not save your wallet) I want something that can pump lots of bass when I want it, but does not completly take over my rock/metal songs like a skullcandy would. My music tastes right now are Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Hip Hop, and Pop. My main artists are Venom, Immortal, Shakira, and Mike Jones. I want a larger soundstage than my sr-80i has, and as long as it is noticably larger I'm happy, I also game a lot and want a headphone that can do that too, my main games are Crysis, Dragon Age, and GTAIV and the only thing I can say that makes me feel the SR-80i is lacking would be bass and soundstage, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic and Grado, specificly the Magnum mod. I want to buy in the end of October, as I'm hoping I'll get some money to help with the upgrade. I look forward to some good recommendations.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 8/3/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! Last post on 5/9/13 at 4:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica Announces Revised ART Monitor Series, New Open Headphones Last post on 1/28/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica AT 705 Electrets NOS Last post on 5/1/14 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest Portable Over Ear Headphones Last post on 6/13/11 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
New headphones this October, help pleasepost #1 of 67/31/10 at 4:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/31/10 at 5:00pmpost #3 of 67/31/10 at 5:14pm
Welcome to Head-Fi.
The Beyerdynamic DT990/600 should do pretty well especially if you didn't find the SR80s harsh. Great bass, soundstage, and detail. Of course an amp is highly recommended.
What's your budget? Would you consider an amp?
Edited by NapalmK - 7/31/10 at 5:15pmpost #4 of 67/31/10 at 6:04pmThread Starter
my budget is $600 so if I could get an amp $100 or less that would be ok, also I run out of a ASUS Xonar Essence STX, so I kind of have an amp.
EDIT: I want an open back headphone and I prefer on-ear like the Grado.
Edited by MohawkUS - 7/31/10 at 6:06pmpost #5 of 67/31/10 at 6:15pm
- New headphones this October, help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › What is an Audiophile, and what make headphones great? 2 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 4 minutes ago
- › New: Brainwavz R3 5 minutes ago
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra-Linear Diamond Edition Headphone Amplifier... 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5 Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)