Hey, I've posted here and there and I've been considering getting some new headphones after something just did not feel as awesome with my sr-80s, which led me to here(contrary to popular belief avoiding this forum will not save your wallet) I want something that can pump lots of bass when I want it, but does not completly take over my rock/metal songs like a skullcandy would. My music tastes right now are Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Hip Hop, and Pop. My main artists are Venom, Immortal, Shakira, and Mike Jones. I want a larger soundstage than my sr-80i has, and as long as it is noticably larger I'm happy, I also game a lot and want a headphone that can do that too, my main games are Crysis, Dragon Age, and GTAIV and the only thing I can say that makes me feel the SR-80i is lacking would be bass and soundstage, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic and Grado, specificly the Magnum mod. I want to buy in the end of October, as I'm hoping I'll get some money to help with the upgrade. I look forward to some good recommendations.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 8/3/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! Last post on 5/9/13 at 4:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica Announces Revised ART Monitor Series, New Open Headphones Last post on 1/28/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica AT 705 Electrets NOS Last post on 5/1/14 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest Portable Over Ear Headphones Last post on 6/13/11 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
New headphones this October, help pleasepost #1 of 67/31/10 at 4:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/31/10 at 5:00pmpost #3 of 67/31/10 at 5:14pm
Welcome to Head-Fi.
The Beyerdynamic DT990/600 should do pretty well especially if you didn't find the SR80s harsh. Great bass, soundstage, and detail. Of course an amp is highly recommended.
What's your budget? Would you consider an amp?
Edited by NapalmK - 7/31/10 at 5:15pmpost #4 of 67/31/10 at 6:04pmThread Starter
my budget is $600 so if I could get an amp $100 or less that would be ok, also I run out of a ASUS Xonar Essence STX, so I kind of have an amp.
EDIT: I want an open back headphone and I prefer on-ear like the Grado.
Edited by MohawkUS - 7/31/10 at 6:06pmpost #5 of 67/31/10 at 6:15pm
- New headphones this October, help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Eddie Current - Black Widow, Solid State Headphone AMP Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso dx120? 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 DAC/Amp (silver) plus bonus D230 power cable 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Torpedo III Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Portable amp/dac for android & headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...