Hey, I've posted here and there and I've been considering getting some new headphones after something just did not feel as awesome with my sr-80s, which led me to here(contrary to popular belief avoiding this forum will not save your wallet) I want something that can pump lots of bass when I want it, but does not completly take over my rock/metal songs like a skullcandy would. My music tastes right now are Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Hip Hop, and Pop. My main artists are Venom, Immortal, Shakira, and Mike Jones. I want a larger soundstage than my sr-80i has, and as long as it is noticably larger I'm happy, I also game a lot and want a headphone that can do that too, my main games are Crysis, Dragon Age, and GTAIV and the only thing I can say that makes me feel the SR-80i is lacking would be bass and soundstage, I have been looking at Beyerdynamic and Grado, specificly the Magnum mod. I want to buy in the end of October, as I'm hoping I'll get some money to help with the upgrade. I look forward to some good recommendations.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 8/3/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! Last post on 5/9/13 at 4:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica Announces Revised ART Monitor Series, New Open Headphones Last post on 1/28/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica AT 705 Electrets NOS Last post on 5/1/14 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest Portable Over Ear Headphones Last post on 6/13/11 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
New headphones this October, help pleasepost #1 of 67/31/10 at 4:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/31/10 at 5:00pmpost #3 of 67/31/10 at 5:14pm
Welcome to Head-Fi.
The Beyerdynamic DT990/600 should do pretty well especially if you didn't find the SR80s harsh. Great bass, soundstage, and detail. Of course an amp is highly recommended.
What's your budget? Would you consider an amp?
Edited by NapalmK - 7/31/10 at 5:15pmpost #4 of 67/31/10 at 6:04pmThread Starter
my budget is $600 so if I could get an amp $100 or less that would be ok, also I run out of a ASUS Xonar Essence STX, so I kind of have an amp.
EDIT: I want an open back headphone and I prefer on-ear like the Grado.
Edited by MohawkUS - 7/31/10 at 6:06pmpost #5 of 67/31/10 at 6:15pm
- New headphones this October, help please
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphone amp to pair with the Sennheiser HD 600 1 minute ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD 10.33 8 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4PT, Fidue A83 or Shure SE425? 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 11 minutes ago
- › Which is best for Rock music? SoundMagic E30, E50, E80, and others 11 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2