Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Meeting of truly remarkable giants and a possible heads up for Transmission audios Ribbon headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meeting of truly remarkable giants and a possible heads up for Transmission audios Ribbon headphones - Page 2

post #16 of 34

I tried to call them, but got no answers... wonder what's happening at transmission audio.

post #17 of 34

Any updates?

post #18 of 34

Sadly no.. I'll try to send another e-mail tomorrow..  I'll keep you posted anyway


Edited by customcoco - 8/7/12 at 4:13pm
post #19 of 34

Just received a reply from them. They are "slowly" approaching pre-market ready status. Dunno what slowly means, and neather about pre-market. I wonder if in the pre-market status everybody will be able to order them or not (maybe somehint like the audeze lcd-2, which anyone could order, but wait up to 3 months before getting them).
 

post #20 of 34

Fantastic. did they say anything about the pricing?

post #21 of 34

Nope. They just wrote me a 1 line email, plus greetings and stuff biggrin.gif
 

post #22 of 34

post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

Nope. They just wrote me a 1 line email, plus greetings and stuff biggrin.gif
 


you're lucky, I've never got anything from them...

post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post


you're lucky, I've never got anything from them...

 

Thank you biggrin.gif

post #25 of 34

They look promising though.

 

based on my google searchings they first anounced it in 2010 by saying that they would release it by the first quarter of 2011.

 

reading that they're saying that their product is "slowly approaching pre-market ready status" made my day, It's like a automotive engineer saying about a futur car that "the wheels are done, now there's just everything else left to figure out ... but I think that we'll be done by the next decade"...

post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post

They look promising though.

 

based on my google searchings they first anounced it in 2010 by saying that they would release it by the first quarter of 2011.

 

reading that they're saying that their product is "slowly approaching pre-market ready status" made my day, It's like a automotive engineer saying about a futur car that "the wheels are done, now there's just everything else left to figure out ... but I think that we'll be done by the next decade"...

 

 

Indeed. I think I received a similar email about 1 year ago deadhorse.gif. Nevertheless, now we are 1 year after 1 year ago biggrin.gif.

Hoping is good, but I think on Christmas I'm going to spend my spare money on speakers with true ribbon tweeters if no REAL news is published. I cannot wait forever.

post #27 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

 

 

 

 Nevertheless, now we are 1 year after 1 year ago biggrin.gif.

 

 

Hehe, now that's common sense biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

 

Hoping is good, but I think on Christmas I'm going to spend my spare money on speakers with true ribbon tweeters if no REAL news is published. I cannot wait forever.

Yes, of course. I personally would not mind too much if they release it by the end of 2013. But as you pointed out, It's not really about the delays it's more about the lack of information. I tried to call them 2 times, sent 3 e-mails and got absolutely no answer of any kind. there's nothing on their website either. In my emails I told them that there was an active thread about them on head-fi. And they did not even bother to post. I mean, if they're not trying to gather potential clients on head-fi where are they going to find them?

post #28 of 34

OP: Do you have any news?

post #29 of 34

Try sending him a pm.

post #30 of 34

Sounds like an exercise in futility....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Meeting of truly remarkable giants and a possible heads up for Transmission audios Ribbon headphones