A few months ago I purchased M-audio Q40's and I'm very happy with them, they sound great. They have quite a bit of clamping force; using my contact lenses I have no problems with the headphones, but with my glasses the headphones press the glasses against my head and they start hurting in a few minutes. I'm looking for alternatives in the same price range, up to around $200, something what has less clamping force, and generally would be more comfortable while wearing glasses. Any suggestions?
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/29/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 7/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/29/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 7/29/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 7/29/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/29/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 5/1/16 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best <$150 Headphones for me. PLEASE HELP Last post on 12/29/10 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High Schooler looking for his first serious headphones Last post on 12/17/10 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from IEMs to some cans Last post on 11/24/10 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
Comfortable closed headphones $150post #1 of 107/29/10 at 11:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 107/29/10 at 12:15pmpost #3 of 107/29/10 at 12:26pm
Idk if the Sennheiser 25-I-II or M50 supports glasses, but many recommend them. I also recommend the RP-21s, they have an angled slot specifically for glasses when you wear them. They also have a hard clamping force at first, which requires some overnight stretching and Beyerdynamic pleather pads for better long-term comfort.post #4 of 107/29/10 at 1:32pmpost #5 of 107/29/10 at 2:54pm
If you are happy with your Q40's, keep them. No need to get an entire new headphone due to some clamping force. Most closed headphones are going to have a pretty tight clamp, so the best way to get rid of that is to stretch them. No, not on your head, but around something. Many suggest putting them around a bunch of lined up books. Me on the other hand, use my glass mannequin to relieve clamping force.
post #6 of 107/29/10 at 11:26pmThread Starter
Guess I'll do that, already stretched once overnight by putting them around the box they came in, as several people mentioned they had done in the Q40 thread. It lessened the clamping force, I'll do another stretching session a try.post #7 of 101/23/11 at 3:24pmpost #8 of 103/24/11 at 6:12pmpost #9 of 103/24/11 at 6:48pm
- Comfortable closed headphones $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Looking for general purpose headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Some way to alter balance on headphone systems between left and... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 5 minutes ago
- › Earphone And Headphone Review Opportunities For Edifier: Over 10... 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › Portable closed headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...