Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread! - Page 3  

post #31 of 1380

Clip vs. Sf2? With the SM3, the SF2 is a clear winner in my view. However, rockboxing the Clip does give you more options. If I had to own one or the other, I would choose the S:flo2 for the line out as well (no dock needed), and the clip has no line out capability.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post



 

Thanks for that informative reply.

 

Yes, I already have my S:Flo 2, but I don't have the SM3 (yet). I am considering a Sansa Clip+ (mainly because of the portable factor). How big was the SQ difference between the 2?

 

I am also considering the Cowon J3, but I will probably wait for the price to come down, or the Cowon D3 (there are rumors, but no release date) to come out.

 

Anyone else?

post #32 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post

 

Thanks for that informative reply.

 

Yes, I already have my S:Flo 2, but I don't have the SM3 (yet). I am considering a Sansa Clip+ (mainly because of the portable factor). How big was the SQ difference between the 2?

 

I am also considering the Cowon J3, but I will probably wait for the price to come down, or the Cowon D3 (there are rumors, but no release date) to come out.

 

Anyone else?


Not sure why you would get the J3 for portability when you have the Sflo2.  If you want portability get the Clip or Fuze.  Fuze can go LOD if you want, Clip has a clip.  If you are used to the Sflo2 LO then prepare to be disappointed.  

post #33 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post


Not sure why you would get the J3 for portability when you have the Sflo2.  If you want portability get the Clip or Fuze.  Fuze can go LOD if you want, Clip has a clip.  If you are used to the Sflo2 LO then prepare to be disappointed.  


I meant I was considering getting/using a J3 instead of my S:Flo 2. I currently don't use the Line Out, though the HO is still great.

Still waiting for Sound Earphones to ship SM3s.

post #34 of 1380

I just ordered my SM3s last night. I can't seem to find my order details on Sound Earphones website which is annoying because I don't know if/when they were posted.

I got express postage so I should hopefully have them within the week? I'm both super excited and super nervous.

post #35 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post

I have a Clip+.  It sounds pretty crap with the SM3s compared to the J3 and even the iPod Classic.  Soundstage is much smaller with the Clip and I dunno, it just isn't that impressive sounding overall.  Its been a while since I last used it, but thats my recollection anyway.


Ok, so what's your take on the Classic v. the J3 (withour EQ on either)?


 

post #36 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Kid View Post

I just ordered my SM3s last night. I can't seem to find my order details on Sound Earphones website which is annoying because I don't know if/when they were posted.

I got express postage so I should hopefully have them within the week? I'm both super excited and super nervous.


Actually I placed my order last week on SoundEarphones. They told me that they will send me another email after SM3 is shipped. So far I got nothing but waiting and even have no idea if SM3s are in stock or not.

 

post #37 of 1380


You can't play music on the J3 with no EQ at all.  Not unless you're happy with the most lifeless reproduction in the world - the default 'normal' setting is pants to the max, and it wouldnt surprise me if Cowon designed it that way.  Seems to me the whole raison d'etre of the J3 is the myriad options - you are positively encouraged to experiment with sound sculpting. 

 

Which is quite the opposite of the Classic, on which there is no custom facility and the presets are absolute toss.

 

So, the way it would run for me is as follows:

1) No EQ at all - Classic beats J3,

2) EQ - J3 wipes the floor with Classic
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post




Ok, so what's your take on the Classic v. the J3 (withour EQ on either)?


 


Edited by Bennyboy71 - 7/29/10 at 11:27pm
post #38 of 1380

^^ Great, detailed answer... Thanks!

 

shane

post #39 of 1380


Yes, I am rather verbose this morning, it has to be said

 

I used to be an Apple freak, but I'm fixed now.  Go team Cowon!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

^^ Great, detailed answer... Thanks!

 

shane

post #40 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post


Yes, I am rather verbose this morning, it has to be said

 

I used to be an Apple freak, but I'm fixed now.  Go team Cowon!
 


 


Woot you're halfway to normal.  Oh wait, you ditched Apple.  Make that halfway from normal.  Gratz.

post #41 of 1380

my name is code and i am an SM3aholic in recovery.

 

i have been clean for close to 2 weeks now.

 

life has sucked.

 

the sm3's became my gateway to customs.

 

life will suck for another week i think.

 

then i'll get my fix 

post #42 of 1380

Hey, I'm just wondering if the SM3 can be worn straight down and if so pictures would be grateful.

post #43 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle Wuzzle View Post

Hey, I'm just wondering if the SM3 can be worn straight down and if so pictures would be grateful.


Yes, they can - can't provide pictures, but can assure you that although behind the ear is best for securing the fit, its very easy to get a good seal and maintain it when wearing down.  I often wear them down if I'm only listening for short bursts.

 

Do you have a problem with wearing over the ear? 

post #44 of 1380

^ Thanks for that. Handy to know :)

post #45 of 1380

thanks, its uncomfortable for me to wear over the ear and i guess partially it has to do with my habit of just wearing it straight down and being able to take them out easily

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!