Looking for some IEM's suited to hip hop and rap. I listen to Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Hieroglyphics, Gorillaz etc etc. Want something with clear, punchy bass and good soundstage. No budget in mind. Just want the best.
Related Forum Threads
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added Last post on 2/2/15 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Impression] Final Audio Design Piano Forte II Last post on 3/19/11 at 9:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...post #1 of 477/29/10 at 2:28amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 477/29/10 at 2:35ampost #3 of 477/29/10 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 477/29/10 at 2:48ampost #5 of 477/29/10 at 8:16ampost #6 of 477/29/10 at 9:36ampost #7 of 477/29/10 at 9:37ampost #8 of 477/29/10 at 9:56am
The IE8 is certainly a good starting point. Their pricing has been quite good too, so purchasing one is pretty easy to swallow. The IE8 has a natural kind of presence with a clean and detailed low end. Midrange and treble is well balanced and extended, although the lower frequencies are emphasized and make it sound a little warm and bassy in presence. I would also shoot you towards the other end of the spectrum and look for a very affordable Fischer Audio Eterna, v1 if you can find one floating around the for sale section. It's only about $70 and has a very car audio kind of feel to it with a solid subwoofer like emphasis. You don't always have to spend money to get something you'll like. The concept of "best" is a very subjective thing. I'd also have you look at UE's Triple.Fi 10. The presentation has strong bass and highs and is nice, enveloping presentation with a thick but clean and energetic note. I often describe the presentation as like being at a club. I may also lean you toward the Klipsch Custom 3, a discontinued product but still available on eBay. It's well balanced, decently natural, but has a thicker, well textured note and slight bass and treble emphasis. One key feature with is is the large and well presented sound stage, and is one of the better examples of a good sound stage out there. Bass isn't monstrous but has good weight and energy, and it does respond well to EQing.
It's not all about price. A lot of the challenge is simply finding products that have the sound you're shooting for. That can at times be difficult. I've only suggested a few, and there are plenty more out there. Do some research, and you'll run across a number of other options. Because you have no budget, I would suggest to you a specific approach about reaching your goals. You have money to spare. Buy a few candidates and just try them out. Compare/contrast, and spend some time with each. After a couple weeks, sell off what doesn't do what you want it to do. Keep whatever you like or at least seems to be closest to your goals. Buy a few more candidates and repeat the process. Keep trying and weeding through the products until you find something you can really be happy with. If you buy used, you will not really losing any money doing so. In the end, you may have personally experienced a dozen nice earphones and got a good sense of what's out there and what there is to offer towards your goals. Repeat until you find that option that you really, really enjoy. To reach specific goals, this is the best approach. There is no better way than first hand experience. The only downside is a chunk of money will always be tied up in "liquid" assets. It also takes some time to mull through a large selection of products. However, in the end you will have exactly what you want and know first hand that it fits you best. We can suggest stuff to you, and some of them might fit your goals ok, but you never really know what's best for you unless you actually hear all the options yourself and pass judgment.post #9 of 477/29/10 at 6:42pmpost #10 of 477/29/10 at 7:00pmpost #11 of 477/29/10 at 9:24pmpost #12 of 477/29/10 at 11:49pmThread Starter
Ok, looks like the IE8 is a go. I saw a previous posted said IE8/EB. What does the EB mean? Extended bass? Also, what's the best store online to order these from? They are $500 in Australia.post #13 of 477/30/10 at 12:09amQuote:
Coppers and anything on that list faster than them is not Hip Hop ideal IMO. Too quick, you want decay.post #14 of 477/30/10 at 12:13amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › Is this any good for a DAC 5 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...