Looking for some IEM's suited to hip hop and rap. I listen to Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Hieroglyphics, Gorillaz etc etc. Want something with clear, punchy bass and good soundstage. No budget in mind. Just want the best.
Related Forum Threads
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added Last post on 2/2/15 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Impression] Final Audio Design Piano Forte II Last post on 3/19/11 at 9:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...post #1 of 477/29/10 at 2:28amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 477/29/10 at 2:35ampost #3 of 477/29/10 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 477/29/10 at 2:48ampost #5 of 477/29/10 at 8:16ampost #6 of 477/29/10 at 9:36ampost #7 of 477/29/10 at 9:37ampost #8 of 477/29/10 at 9:56am
The IE8 is certainly a good starting point. Their pricing has been quite good too, so purchasing one is pretty easy to swallow. The IE8 has a natural kind of presence with a clean and detailed low end. Midrange and treble is well balanced and extended, although the lower frequencies are emphasized and make it sound a little warm and bassy in presence. I would also shoot you towards the other end of the spectrum and look for a very affordable Fischer Audio Eterna, v1 if you can find one floating around the for sale section. It's only about $70 and has a very car audio kind of feel to it with a solid subwoofer like emphasis. You don't always have to spend money to get something you'll like. The concept of "best" is a very subjective thing. I'd also have you look at UE's Triple.Fi 10. The presentation has strong bass and highs and is nice, enveloping presentation with a thick but clean and energetic note. I often describe the presentation as like being at a club. I may also lean you toward the Klipsch Custom 3, a discontinued product but still available on eBay. It's well balanced, decently natural, but has a thicker, well textured note and slight bass and treble emphasis. One key feature with is is the large and well presented sound stage, and is one of the better examples of a good sound stage out there. Bass isn't monstrous but has good weight and energy, and it does respond well to EQing.
It's not all about price. A lot of the challenge is simply finding products that have the sound you're shooting for. That can at times be difficult. I've only suggested a few, and there are plenty more out there. Do some research, and you'll run across a number of other options. Because you have no budget, I would suggest to you a specific approach about reaching your goals. You have money to spare. Buy a few candidates and just try them out. Compare/contrast, and spend some time with each. After a couple weeks, sell off what doesn't do what you want it to do. Keep whatever you like or at least seems to be closest to your goals. Buy a few more candidates and repeat the process. Keep trying and weeding through the products until you find something you can really be happy with. If you buy used, you will not really losing any money doing so. In the end, you may have personally experienced a dozen nice earphones and got a good sense of what's out there and what there is to offer towards your goals. Repeat until you find that option that you really, really enjoy. To reach specific goals, this is the best approach. There is no better way than first hand experience. The only downside is a chunk of money will always be tied up in "liquid" assets. It also takes some time to mull through a large selection of products. However, in the end you will have exactly what you want and know first hand that it fits you best. We can suggest stuff to you, and some of them might fit your goals ok, but you never really know what's best for you unless you actually hear all the options yourself and pass judgment.post #9 of 477/29/10 at 6:42pmpost #10 of 477/29/10 at 7:00pmpost #11 of 477/29/10 at 9:24pmpost #12 of 477/29/10 at 11:49pmThread Starter
Ok, looks like the IE8 is a go. I saw a previous posted said IE8/EB. What does the EB mean? Extended bass? Also, what's the best store online to order these from? They are $500 in Australia.post #13 of 477/30/10 at 12:09amQuote:
Coppers and anything on that list faster than them is not Hip Hop ideal IMO. Too quick, you want decay.post #14 of 477/30/10 at 12:13amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 30 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 38 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › 10th Vienna Head-Fi Meet - September/October 2016? 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › [WTB] MrSpeakers Alpha Pads 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-650 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...