Looking for some IEM's suited to hip hop and rap. I listen to Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Hieroglyphics, Gorillaz etc etc. Want something with clear, punchy bass and good soundstage. No budget in mind. Just want the best.
Related Forum Threads
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added Last post on 2/2/15 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Impression] Final Audio Design Piano Forte II Last post on 3/19/11 at 9:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...post #1 of 477/29/10 at 2:28amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 477/29/10 at 2:35ampost #3 of 477/29/10 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 477/29/10 at 2:48ampost #5 of 477/29/10 at 8:16ampost #6 of 477/29/10 at 9:36ampost #7 of 477/29/10 at 9:37ampost #8 of 477/29/10 at 9:56am
The IE8 is certainly a good starting point. Their pricing has been quite good too, so purchasing one is pretty easy to swallow. The IE8 has a natural kind of presence with a clean and detailed low end. Midrange and treble is well balanced and extended, although the lower frequencies are emphasized and make it sound a little warm and bassy in presence. I would also shoot you towards the other end of the spectrum and look for a very affordable Fischer Audio Eterna, v1 if you can find one floating around the for sale section. It's only about $70 and has a very car audio kind of feel to it with a solid subwoofer like emphasis. You don't always have to spend money to get something you'll like. The concept of "best" is a very subjective thing. I'd also have you look at UE's Triple.Fi 10. The presentation has strong bass and highs and is nice, enveloping presentation with a thick but clean and energetic note. I often describe the presentation as like being at a club. I may also lean you toward the Klipsch Custom 3, a discontinued product but still available on eBay. It's well balanced, decently natural, but has a thicker, well textured note and slight bass and treble emphasis. One key feature with is is the large and well presented sound stage, and is one of the better examples of a good sound stage out there. Bass isn't monstrous but has good weight and energy, and it does respond well to EQing.
It's not all about price. A lot of the challenge is simply finding products that have the sound you're shooting for. That can at times be difficult. I've only suggested a few, and there are plenty more out there. Do some research, and you'll run across a number of other options. Because you have no budget, I would suggest to you a specific approach about reaching your goals. You have money to spare. Buy a few candidates and just try them out. Compare/contrast, and spend some time with each. After a couple weeks, sell off what doesn't do what you want it to do. Keep whatever you like or at least seems to be closest to your goals. Buy a few more candidates and repeat the process. Keep trying and weeding through the products until you find something you can really be happy with. If you buy used, you will not really losing any money doing so. In the end, you may have personally experienced a dozen nice earphones and got a good sense of what's out there and what there is to offer towards your goals. Repeat until you find that option that you really, really enjoy. To reach specific goals, this is the best approach. There is no better way than first hand experience. The only downside is a chunk of money will always be tied up in "liquid" assets. It also takes some time to mull through a large selection of products. However, in the end you will have exactly what you want and know first hand that it fits you best. We can suggest stuff to you, and some of them might fit your goals ok, but you never really know what's best for you unless you actually hear all the options yourself and pass judgment.post #9 of 477/29/10 at 6:42pmpost #10 of 477/29/10 at 7:00pmpost #11 of 477/29/10 at 9:24pmpost #12 of 477/29/10 at 11:49pmThread Starter
Ok, looks like the IE8 is a go. I saw a previous posted said IE8/EB. What does the EB mean? Extended bass? Also, what's the best store online to order these from? They are $500 in Australia.post #13 of 477/30/10 at 12:09amQuote:
Coppers and anything on that list faster than them is not Hip Hop ideal IMO. Too quick, you want decay.post #14 of 477/30/10 at 12:13amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 2016 CanJam @ RMAF, October 7-9, 2016: The Exhibitor List! 1 second ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 18 seconds ago
- › Differences between Sennheiser HD598 Ivory and HD598 SE 43 seconds ago
- › Meze 12 Classics review tour - worldwide reviewers wanted! 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 10 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 10 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 11 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...