Looking for some IEM's suited to hip hop and rap. I listen to Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Hieroglyphics, Gorillaz etc etc. Want something with clear, punchy bass and good soundstage. No budget in mind. Just want the best.
Related Forum Threads
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added Last post on 2/2/15 at 8:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Impression] Final Audio Design Piano Forte II Last post on 3/19/11 at 9:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...post #1 of 477/29/10 at 2:28amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 477/29/10 at 2:35ampost #3 of 477/29/10 at 2:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 477/29/10 at 2:48ampost #5 of 477/29/10 at 8:16ampost #6 of 477/29/10 at 9:36ampost #7 of 477/29/10 at 9:37ampost #8 of 477/29/10 at 9:56am
The IE8 is certainly a good starting point. Their pricing has been quite good too, so purchasing one is pretty easy to swallow. The IE8 has a natural kind of presence with a clean and detailed low end. Midrange and treble is well balanced and extended, although the lower frequencies are emphasized and make it sound a little warm and bassy in presence. I would also shoot you towards the other end of the spectrum and look for a very affordable Fischer Audio Eterna, v1 if you can find one floating around the for sale section. It's only about $70 and has a very car audio kind of feel to it with a solid subwoofer like emphasis. You don't always have to spend money to get something you'll like. The concept of "best" is a very subjective thing. I'd also have you look at UE's Triple.Fi 10. The presentation has strong bass and highs and is nice, enveloping presentation with a thick but clean and energetic note. I often describe the presentation as like being at a club. I may also lean you toward the Klipsch Custom 3, a discontinued product but still available on eBay. It's well balanced, decently natural, but has a thicker, well textured note and slight bass and treble emphasis. One key feature with is is the large and well presented sound stage, and is one of the better examples of a good sound stage out there. Bass isn't monstrous but has good weight and energy, and it does respond well to EQing.
It's not all about price. A lot of the challenge is simply finding products that have the sound you're shooting for. That can at times be difficult. I've only suggested a few, and there are plenty more out there. Do some research, and you'll run across a number of other options. Because you have no budget, I would suggest to you a specific approach about reaching your goals. You have money to spare. Buy a few candidates and just try them out. Compare/contrast, and spend some time with each. After a couple weeks, sell off what doesn't do what you want it to do. Keep whatever you like or at least seems to be closest to your goals. Buy a few more candidates and repeat the process. Keep trying and weeding through the products until you find something you can really be happy with. If you buy used, you will not really losing any money doing so. In the end, you may have personally experienced a dozen nice earphones and got a good sense of what's out there and what there is to offer towards your goals. Repeat until you find that option that you really, really enjoy. To reach specific goals, this is the best approach. There is no better way than first hand experience. The only downside is a chunk of money will always be tied up in "liquid" assets. It also takes some time to mull through a large selection of products. However, in the end you will have exactly what you want and know first hand that it fits you best. We can suggest stuff to you, and some of them might fit your goals ok, but you never really know what's best for you unless you actually hear all the options yourself and pass judgment.post #9 of 477/29/10 at 6:42pmpost #10 of 477/29/10 at 7:00pmpost #11 of 477/29/10 at 9:24pmpost #12 of 477/29/10 at 11:49pmThread Starter
Ok, looks like the IE8 is a go. I saw a previous posted said IE8/EB. What does the EB mean? Extended bass? Also, what's the best store online to order these from? They are $500 in Australia.post #13 of 477/30/10 at 12:09amQuote:
Coppers and anything on that list faster than them is not Hip Hop ideal IMO. Too quick, you want decay.post #14 of 477/30/10 at 12:13amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless - Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio HA-160 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music to test your headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 7 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear