Looking for some IEM's suited to hip hop and rap. I listen to Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, Hieroglyphics, Gorillaz etc etc. Want something with clear, punchy bass and good soundstage. No budget in mind. Just want the best.
Related Forum Threads
- Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added Last post on 1/9/13 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seoul, Korea: Ear impressions / molds Last post on 4/4/13 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Impression] Final Audio Design Piano Forte II Last post on 3/19/11 at 9:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The IE8 is certainly a good starting point. Their pricing has been quite good too, so purchasing one is pretty easy to swallow. The IE8 has a natural kind of presence with a clean and detailed low end. Midrange and treble is well balanced and extended, although the lower frequencies are emphasized and make it sound a little warm and bassy in presence. I would also shoot you towards the other end of the spectrum and look for a very affordable Fischer Audio Eterna, v1 if you can find one floating around the for sale section. It's only about $70 and has a very car audio kind of feel to it with a solid subwoofer like emphasis. You don't always have to spend money to get something you'll like. The concept of "best" is a very subjective thing. I'd also have you look at UE's Triple.Fi 10. The presentation has strong bass and highs and is nice, enveloping presentation with a thick but clean and energetic note. I often describe the presentation as like being at a club. I may also lean you toward the Klipsch Custom 3, a discontinued product but still available on eBay. It's well balanced, decently natural, but has a thicker, well textured note and slight bass and treble emphasis. One key feature with is is the large and well presented sound stage, and is one of the better examples of a good sound stage out there. Bass isn't monstrous but has good weight and energy, and it does respond well to EQing.
It's not all about price. A lot of the challenge is simply finding products that have the sound you're shooting for. That can at times be difficult. I've only suggested a few, and there are plenty more out there. Do some research, and you'll run across a number of other options. Because you have no budget, I would suggest to you a specific approach about reaching your goals. You have money to spare. Buy a few candidates and just try them out. Compare/contrast, and spend some time with each. After a couple weeks, sell off what doesn't do what you want it to do. Keep whatever you like or at least seems to be closest to your goals. Buy a few more candidates and repeat the process. Keep trying and weeding through the products until you find something you can really be happy with. If you buy used, you will not really losing any money doing so. In the end, you may have personally experienced a dozen nice earphones and got a good sense of what's out there and what there is to offer towards your goals. Repeat until you find that option that you really, really enjoy. To reach specific goals, this is the best approach. There is no better way than first hand experience. The only downside is a chunk of money will always be tied up in "liquid" assets. It also takes some time to mull through a large selection of products. However, in the end you will have exactly what you want and know first hand that it fits you best. We can suggest stuff to you, and some of them might fit your goals ok, but you never really know what's best for you unless you actually hear all the options yourself and pass judgment.
Ok, looks like the IE8 is a go. I saw a previous posted said IE8/EB. What does the EB mean? Extended bass? Also, what's the best store online to order these from? They are $500 in Australia.
Coppers and anything on that list faster than them is not Hip Hop ideal IMO. Too quick, you want decay.
- IEM's for hip hop and rap? Unlimited budget...
- › FS : Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 - Bose AE2 - Sennheiser PXC-250 48 seconds ago
- › The Eclipse TD-M1 IN STOCK! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones and Receivers 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a time machine! 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)