What stores will allow to demo headphones? I am in the Northern Virginia area.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Where can I demo headphones?post #1 of 287/28/10 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #2 of 287/28/10 at 1:31pmThread Starterpost #3 of 287/28/10 at 10:54pm
The only national-chain store I know of that sells decent headphones and lets you try them out is Guitar Center. Aside from that your best chance to hear anything close to a wide number of headphones would be at a meet. The Meets forum is here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/24
The meet closest to you geographically that's next coming up looks like the North Carolina Canfest on 8/14, if that's not too far away for you. If you're remotely serious about auditioning headphones though, I think you'd find attending any kind of meet to be a very worthwhile experience, even if you have to travel a little bit to get to one.post #4 of 287/28/10 at 11:13pmThread Starter
Thanks man. I will try Guitar Center.
The Canfest does not seem practical for me. I am 14 and would have to ask my parents to drive all the way down to NC. I know the answer already...post #5 of 287/28/10 at 11:26pm
Guitar Center is OK, but they won't have any higher end stuff. They generally have stuff that around $250 or lower, and the stores I've been to don't have any demo models, but they do let you try out the brand new stuff.post #6 of 287/28/10 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #7 of 287/28/10 at 11:42pmWell, a NC meet would be a little tough to get to. However, there are meets in the DC region. When one turns up, hit your parents up to take you along. This might be easier with your father, because there's a fair chance he'd geek out over the gear.
Also, parents would be very welcome at a meet. I haven't met a Head-Fi'er I didn't like and I'm sure they'd be welcomed. Have them bring some favorite CDs and they'd have a great time listening.post #8 of 287/28/10 at 11:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 287/29/10 at 12:13am
Best Buy is the place to go. They only have the highest quality headphones available, such as those from Bose, Monster and Skullcandy. Anything they don't have is not worth selling because it's just not any good or has poor sound quality. If it doesn't work out of an Ipod, it's not worth using because no other source sounds better. Those in the know understand that Monster makes the best headphones available and they are TOP NOTCH with OUTSTANDING BASS that other companies can't match! They are also better then the low prices would suggest!post #10 of 287/29/10 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tdockweiler
Best Buy is the place to go. They only have the highest quality headphones available, such as those from Bose, Monster and Skullcandy. Anything they don't have is not worth selling because it's just not any good or has poor sound quality. If it doesn't work out of an Ipod, it's not worth using because no other source sounds better. Those in the know understand that Monster makes the best headphones available and they are TOP NOTCH with OUTSTANDING BASS that other companies can't match! They are also better then the low prices would suggest!
I just threw my HD650s in the trash. OMW to Best Buy!post #11 of 287/29/10 at 12:18amThread Starterpost #12 of 287/29/10 at 1:34am
I doubt you'll be able to find most of the headphones talked about here at chain stores. Local audio and/or video shops are probably your best bet.
I used some Google-Fu and found Audio Visions and they carry the Grado line and a portion of the Sennheiser line. If you Google map them, they have three locations around central Virginia, hopefully it's not too far out of reach for you. If it's a bit of a drive, you should probably ask the store to if they even have them there for you to try out and save yourself a trip. Another thing you can do is contact the companies themselves and they could probably tell you who their nearest dealers are to you. Best of luck!post #13 of 287/29/10 at 5:39am
hahahaha he might have been kidding but still a hilarious ass comeback, i just laughed out loud at work and got a couple weird lookspost #14 of 287/29/10 at 7:05amThread Starter
Well I went to the Sennheiser website and checked what my local dealers are. Guitar Center, FYE, and stores in my local airpot.
No headphone stores for me. That will show me to be a consumer. Hmph.post #15 of 287/29/10 at 11:44am
I wish they had a store here that had dozens of headphones to try out. I think such a place exists, but definitely not in Michigan! My wallet would definitely suffer if I ever stopped in. They should make a list of stores online that have lots of headphones to try out. I'm sure they exist in big cities like Chicago, New York,Tokyo etc.
Guitar Center here is nice. They will let you price match an online website as long as they are an authorized dealer. They won't let you demo headphones though, but sometimes it's nice to just walk into a local store and not have to order online. For some strange reason my local store has a no returns policy due to health reasons?! I think that's just them saying they don't want to take returns. Their excuse was that Michigan laws don't allow them to take returns on headphones!
But seriously though, Best Buy does carry a few good headphones. I was in there yesterday testing out the Monster Beats (don't ask) and saw they also had a pair of Koss UR-55s and some Sennheiser headphones to demo. That's about it.
- Where can I demo headphones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD-650 11 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 17 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Amp/DAC under $150 with as much output power as Magni 2? 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › Best (cheap) phone for USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › [PC] Recommend: Never had good PC Speakers. Nows the time! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2