What stores will allow to demo headphones? I am in the Northern Virginia area.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
Where can I demo headphones?post #1 of 347/28/10 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #2 of 347/28/10 at 1:31pmThread Starterpost #3 of 347/28/10 at 10:54pm
The only national-chain store I know of that sells decent headphones and lets you try them out is Guitar Center. Aside from that your best chance to hear anything close to a wide number of headphones would be at a meet. The Meets forum is here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/24
The meet closest to you geographically that's next coming up looks like the North Carolina Canfest on 8/14, if that's not too far away for you. If you're remotely serious about auditioning headphones though, I think you'd find attending any kind of meet to be a very worthwhile experience, even if you have to travel a little bit to get to one.post #4 of 347/28/10 at 11:13pmThread Starter
Thanks man. I will try Guitar Center.
The Canfest does not seem practical for me. I am 14 and would have to ask my parents to drive all the way down to NC. I know the answer already...post #5 of 347/28/10 at 11:26pm
Guitar Center is OK, but they won't have any higher end stuff. They generally have stuff that around $250 or lower, and the stores I've been to don't have any demo models, but they do let you try out the brand new stuff.post #6 of 347/28/10 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #7 of 347/28/10 at 11:42pmWell, a NC meet would be a little tough to get to. However, there are meets in the DC region. When one turns up, hit your parents up to take you along. This might be easier with your father, because there's a fair chance he'd geek out over the gear.
Also, parents would be very welcome at a meet. I haven't met a Head-Fi'er I didn't like and I'm sure they'd be welcomed. Have them bring some favorite CDs and they'd have a great time listening.post #8 of 347/28/10 at 11:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 347/29/10 at 12:13am
Best Buy is the place to go. They only have the highest quality headphones available, such as those from Bose, Monster and Skullcandy. Anything they don't have is not worth selling because it's just not any good or has poor sound quality. If it doesn't work out of an Ipod, it's not worth using because no other source sounds better. Those in the know understand that Monster makes the best headphones available and they are TOP NOTCH with OUTSTANDING BASS that other companies can't match! They are also better then the low prices would suggest!post #10 of 347/29/10 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tdockweiler
Best Buy is the place to go. They only have the highest quality headphones available, such as those from Bose, Monster and Skullcandy. Anything they don't have is not worth selling because it's just not any good or has poor sound quality. If it doesn't work out of an Ipod, it's not worth using because no other source sounds better. Those in the know understand that Monster makes the best headphones available and they are TOP NOTCH with OUTSTANDING BASS that other companies can't match! They are also better then the low prices would suggest!
I just threw my HD650s in the trash. OMW to Best Buy!post #11 of 347/29/10 at 12:18amThread Starterpost #12 of 347/29/10 at 1:34am
I doubt you'll be able to find most of the headphones talked about here at chain stores. Local audio and/or video shops are probably your best bet.
I used some Google-Fu and found Audio Visions and they carry the Grado line and a portion of the Sennheiser line. If you Google map them, they have three locations around central Virginia, hopefully it's not too far out of reach for you. If it's a bit of a drive, you should probably ask the store to if they even have them there for you to try out and save yourself a trip. Another thing you can do is contact the companies themselves and they could probably tell you who their nearest dealers are to you. Best of luck!post #13 of 347/29/10 at 5:39am
hahahaha he might have been kidding but still a hilarious ass comeback, i just laughed out loud at work and got a couple weird lookspost #14 of 347/29/10 at 7:05amThread Starter
Well I went to the Sennheiser website and checked what my local dealers are. Guitar Center, FYE, and stores in my local airpot.
No headphone stores for me. That will show me to be a consumer. Hmph.post #15 of 347/29/10 at 11:44am
I wish they had a store here that had dozens of headphones to try out. I think such a place exists, but definitely not in Michigan! My wallet would definitely suffer if I ever stopped in. They should make a list of stores online that have lots of headphones to try out. I'm sure they exist in big cities like Chicago, New York,Tokyo etc.
Guitar Center here is nice. They will let you price match an online website as long as they are an authorized dealer. They won't let you demo headphones though, but sometimes it's nice to just walk into a local store and not have to order online. For some strange reason my local store has a no returns policy due to health reasons?! I think that's just them saying they don't want to take returns. Their excuse was that Michigan laws don't allow them to take returns on headphones!
But seriously though, Best Buy does carry a few good headphones. I was in there yesterday testing out the Monster Beats (don't ask) and saw they also had a pair of Koss UR-55s and some Sennheiser headphones to demo. That's about it.
- Where can I demo headphones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hum Pristine 47 seconds ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E10 USB DAC/Amp 6 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...