What stores will allow to demo headphones? I am in the Northern Virginia area.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best loud DJ Headphones for around £220/$350 Last post on 12/16/14 at 1:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beyerdynamic 'Custom' Street headphone Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there IEMs that can match full size headphones Last post on 12/14/14 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Alpine Over-Ear headphones, immensely satisfying for bassheads! Last post on 12/3/14 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Where can I demo headphones?post #1 of 287/28/10 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #2 of 287/28/10 at 1:31pmThread Starterpost #3 of 287/28/10 at 10:54pm
The only national-chain store I know of that sells decent headphones and lets you try them out is Guitar Center. Aside from that your best chance to hear anything close to a wide number of headphones would be at a meet. The Meets forum is here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/24
The meet closest to you geographically that's next coming up looks like the North Carolina Canfest on 8/14, if that's not too far away for you. If you're remotely serious about auditioning headphones though, I think you'd find attending any kind of meet to be a very worthwhile experience, even if you have to travel a little bit to get to one.post #4 of 287/28/10 at 11:13pmThread Starter
Thanks man. I will try Guitar Center.
The Canfest does not seem practical for me. I am 14 and would have to ask my parents to drive all the way down to NC. I know the answer already...post #5 of 287/28/10 at 11:26pm
Guitar Center is OK, but they won't have any higher end stuff. They generally have stuff that around $250 or lower, and the stores I've been to don't have any demo models, but they do let you try out the brand new stuff.post #6 of 287/28/10 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #7 of 287/28/10 at 11:42pmWell, a NC meet would be a little tough to get to. However, there are meets in the DC region. When one turns up, hit your parents up to take you along. This might be easier with your father, because there's a fair chance he'd geek out over the gear.
Also, parents would be very welcome at a meet. I haven't met a Head-Fi'er I didn't like and I'm sure they'd be welcomed. Have them bring some favorite CDs and they'd have a great time listening.post #8 of 287/28/10 at 11:45pmThread Starterpost #9 of 287/29/10 at 12:13am
Best Buy is the place to go. They only have the highest quality headphones available, such as those from Bose, Monster and Skullcandy. Anything they don't have is not worth selling because it's just not any good or has poor sound quality. If it doesn't work out of an Ipod, it's not worth using because no other source sounds better. Those in the know understand that Monster makes the best headphones available and they are TOP NOTCH with OUTSTANDING BASS that other companies can't match! They are also better then the low prices would suggest!post #10 of 287/29/10 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tdockweiler
Best Buy is the place to go. They only have the highest quality headphones available, such as those from Bose, Monster and Skullcandy. Anything they don't have is not worth selling because it's just not any good or has poor sound quality. If it doesn't work out of an Ipod, it's not worth using because no other source sounds better. Those in the know understand that Monster makes the best headphones available and they are TOP NOTCH with OUTSTANDING BASS that other companies can't match! They are also better then the low prices would suggest!
I just threw my HD650s in the trash. OMW to Best Buy!post #11 of 287/29/10 at 12:18amThread Starterpost #12 of 287/29/10 at 1:34am
I doubt you'll be able to find most of the headphones talked about here at chain stores. Local audio and/or video shops are probably your best bet.
I used some Google-Fu and found Audio Visions and they carry the Grado line and a portion of the Sennheiser line. If you Google map them, they have three locations around central Virginia, hopefully it's not too far out of reach for you. If it's a bit of a drive, you should probably ask the store to if they even have them there for you to try out and save yourself a trip. Another thing you can do is contact the companies themselves and they could probably tell you who their nearest dealers are to you. Best of luck!post #13 of 287/29/10 at 5:39am
hahahaha he might have been kidding but still a hilarious ass comeback, i just laughed out loud at work and got a couple weird lookspost #14 of 287/29/10 at 7:05amThread Starter
Well I went to the Sennheiser website and checked what my local dealers are. Guitar Center, FYE, and stores in my local airpot.
No headphone stores for me. That will show me to be a consumer. Hmph.post #15 of 287/29/10 at 11:44am
I wish they had a store here that had dozens of headphones to try out. I think such a place exists, but definitely not in Michigan! My wallet would definitely suffer if I ever stopped in. They should make a list of stores online that have lots of headphones to try out. I'm sure they exist in big cities like Chicago, New York,Tokyo etc.
Guitar Center here is nice. They will let you price match an online website as long as they are an authorized dealer. They won't let you demo headphones though, but sometimes it's nice to just walk into a local store and not have to order online. For some strange reason my local store has a no returns policy due to health reasons?! I think that's just them saying they don't want to take returns. Their excuse was that Michigan laws don't allow them to take returns on headphones!
But seriously though, Best Buy does carry a few good headphones. I was in there yesterday testing out the Monster Beats (don't ask) and saw they also had a pair of Koss UR-55s and some Sennheiser headphones to demo. That's about it.
- Where can I demo headphones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 22 seconds ago
- › diyMOD - iPod 5G: 8GB CF Mod 1 minute ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 1 minute ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)