- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 7/30/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/10
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 => 325i => 325is; Alessandro MS2 => MS2i => ? Last post on 9/21/10 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado 325is to Senn hd650 Last post on 7/30/10 at 2:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 7/1/15 at 4:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 6/5/15 at 11:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
General question for past and present Grado owners - Page 3post #31 of 347/29/10 at 7:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 347/29/10 at 7:45pm
Well generally if i'm at a computer (which is anytime im not in class or in the gym) I have had my 555's or super.fi's on/in, even if im not listening to music. id rather just leave my headphones on and have them be comfortable enough to forget they are there than fumble with swapping wires for speakers or headphones every time i wanna listen/play csQuote:post #33 of 347/29/10 at 7:48pm
I'll fourth the motion.
I've hears or owned just about all the current Grados below the RS1. Except for the RS2. I've even had the pleasure of hearing the HP1000. The 325is is the one I like the least. They just made my ears bleed they're so piercing. I had big hopes for them moving up from the 225. I even had them and the HF-2 at the same time. The highs are way over the top on the 325is. It sounds artificial as was said earlier in this thread.
I think if someone's budget is $300, I'd recommend the 225 and maybe a nice amp. If picked them up on the Sales Corner, someone can pick up a nice little Grado based rig for about $300.
Edited by baka1969 - 7/29/10 at 7:49pmpost #34 of 348/4/10 at 5:17pmThread Starter
Hello again, I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to respond. I now consider myself to be a bit more educated in the matter now that I have read the input from so many who seem to be passionate about Grados weather it be pro or con about them. My friend ended up getting the SR225i and likes them a lot. I am enjoying my AKG 242s but will most lilely buy a pair of Grados for myself in the near future. Again, thanks!
- General question for past and present Grado owners
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Ref1 Too w Gold Silver Cable - UNUSED 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Need help for choose headphones amp 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)