- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 7/30/10
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/10
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR325 => 325i => 325is; Alessandro MS2 => MS2i => ? Last post on 9/21/10 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado 325is to Senn hd650 Last post on 7/30/10 at 2:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 6/22/14 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
General question for past and present Grado owners - Page 3post #31 of 347/29/10 at 7:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 347/29/10 at 7:45pm
Well generally if i'm at a computer (which is anytime im not in class or in the gym) I have had my 555's or super.fi's on/in, even if im not listening to music. id rather just leave my headphones on and have them be comfortable enough to forget they are there than fumble with swapping wires for speakers or headphones every time i wanna listen/play csQuote:post #33 of 347/29/10 at 7:48pm
I'll fourth the motion.
I've hears or owned just about all the current Grados below the RS1. Except for the RS2. I've even had the pleasure of hearing the HP1000. The 325is is the one I like the least. They just made my ears bleed they're so piercing. I had big hopes for them moving up from the 225. I even had them and the HF-2 at the same time. The highs are way over the top on the 325is. It sounds artificial as was said earlier in this thread.
I think if someone's budget is $300, I'd recommend the 225 and maybe a nice amp. If picked them up on the Sales Corner, someone can pick up a nice little Grado based rig for about $300.
Edited by baka1969 - 7/29/10 at 7:49pmpost #34 of 348/4/10 at 5:17pmThread Starter
Hello again, I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to respond. I now consider myself to be a bit more educated in the matter now that I have read the input from so many who seem to be passionate about Grados weather it be pro or con about them. My friend ended up getting the SR225i and likes them a lot. I am enjoying my AKG 242s but will most lilely buy a pair of Grados for myself in the near future. Again, thanks!
- General question for past and present Grado owners
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Thinking of modding a set of Koss PortaPro instead of buying more... 24 seconds ago
- › Astell & kern Ak100 wine red limited edition - like new condition. 25 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 30 seconds ago
- › What has ER4 highs and mids but better bass for a similar price? 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Sub $100 UE-700 IEM replacement 2 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)