Up for sale is my 2009 Model TADAC DAC/Headphone Amp by Tube Audio Design. http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/TADAC.html
I am the original owner and was picked up directly from Pual G.
This DAC has been modified by Pual G. I did not do this myself so I would not void the 2 year warranty that expires in Jan 2011. Paul installed 2 Moon HDAMs in place of the cheap op-amps for the BALANCED output. The single-ended output is a direct tube output.
My favorite feature of this amp is the Tubyness Knob. On Pual's website, he says, "The TADAC has a unique Tubyness knob to adjust how harmonically balanced the music sounds". For me, the tubyness knob lets me control how much warmth I want to add to my music, and since I listen to a varity of music, from Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, classical, etc, it lets me adjust the sound just the way I want it.
Included in the package is :
1. TADAC DAC (I paid $964, will provide receipt, this does not include an additional $250 for parts and labor to install the 2 moon HDAMs for the balanced ouput)
2. Remote (see pic here : http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/TADAC.html)
3. 1 matched pair of Platinum grade Mullard 12AU7 from Upscale Audio ......I paid $134 and will provide the receipt, they have about 80 hours on them.
4. 1 matched pair of RCA black plates
5. Upgraded Power cord (see pic, nothing special, but I paid $50 for it)
6. Sound damping spikes
I am asking $520 + shipping (This is less then half the full cost of $1400+ I paid for everything)
My flawless feedback is here : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/300903/onlychild
Edited by onlychild - 8/9/10 at 5:26pm