it is not an improved version. Without comparing I'd say the RE0 is not better than the RE-Zero and the other way is true as well since I don't feel the RE-Zero is better than the RE0. They just have different presentations like I mentioned earlier.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question Last post on 2/21/11 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The level of noise isolation of HiFiMan RE-ZERO vs Etymotic HF2(5) Last post on 11/15/10 at 9:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Urgent Noob advice Last post on 9/11/10 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO? Last post on 9/25/10 at 5:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
[Review] Hifiman RE-Zero - Page 4post #46 of 1369/6/10 at 7:41amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1369/6/10 at 5:02pm
Some may prefer 1 over the other.
I prefer the ZEROs because it does a better job with the mids (more forward & smoother) IMO. I really like the way vocals come out on the ZEROs.
RE0s are a bit more aggressive in the highs and extend a bit further, but their mids appear dryer to me than the ZEROs.
RE0s seem to cut through more in the highs and female vocals can really slice through nicely, but overall i prefer the smoother and more forward approach to the mids that the ZEROs present (the highs are also nice and crisp on the ZEROs).
I'd say you'd probably get equal people on both sides of the debate as it really is a personal preference.
I just came across this review recently posted from "ClieOS".
It pretty much sums it up as far as a comparison to the RE0
Edited by paulypaul - 9/6/10 at 7:09pmpost #48 of 1369/7/10 at 9:18am
I haven't had a chance to hear the RE0, but I really don't think that I could live without the ZERO's silky mids. But even then, sometimes I sit and wonder that if the ZERO treble is this good, what must the RE0 treble be like?
It's a pickle. I went for the Zero because they're balanced (I hope that Head-Direct's balanced portable amp is around the $100-$130 mark, otherwise I'm screwed) and because I like the gunmetal colour. I couldn't decide on signature (without having heard either, mind) alone.post #49 of 1369/7/10 at 3:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by JoetheArachnid
It's a pickle. I went for the Zero because they're balanced (I hope that Head-Direct's balanced portable amp is around the $100-$130 mark, otherwise I'm screwed) and because I like the gunmetal colour. I couldn't decide on signature (without having heard either, mind) alone.
Im hoping for a balanced DAP at some time, but that may just be wishful thinkingpost #50 of 1369/7/10 at 3:45pmThread Starter
I think the review ClieOS made covers a good amount of differences between the RE0 and RE-Zero. The RE0 treble is indeed quite nice but not to everyone's liking. I almost went ahead and bought a RE0 to compare with for this review but then realized I didn't want to lose around 20-30 in reselling a pair.
I know Fang mentioned something about a balanced dap and I'm hoping it isn't too expensive. It could be interested to see how the RE-Zero does with a balanced amp. I do wonder how it sounds from a protector or any other balanced amp but with a couple of converters in the middle of a chain might not be ideal.post #51 of 1369/8/10 at 6:05pmpost #52 of 1369/8/10 at 6:08pmpost #53 of 1369/9/10 at 2:28ampost #54 of 1369/10/10 at 1:08ampost #55 of 1369/10/10 at 1:58ampost #56 of 1369/10/10 at 9:39amQuote:
I am also interested in knowing this. Not because I want to stock up for the nuclear apocalyse (although that's not a bad plan... hmm) but just out of interest. I doubt that they're selling like proverbial hot cakes, considering how they're a limited edition from an obscure Chinese company, but I wouldn't expecting them to be languishing on shelves either.
We could PM Fang, or just hope this thread catches his eye...post #57 of 1369/18/10 at 3:29am
so yesterday i got my pair of RE-ZERO's and i am real excited
i got from a fellow member here (dewaver) his burn-in flac files and i started yesterday with the lighter (mostly pink-white non bass-heavy version) flac file
i will say some more about the sound when i have some hours behind me since i have heard less than a hour
but i need to ask a question the RE-ZERO veterans here
have you noticed/heard any sonic differences between the 3 single tips(black) and the 2 double tips(white) ?
can anyone say without becoming too technical how these tips change/interfere with sound/bass/mids/isolation etc ?
i am gonna try all of them eventually but a 2nd opinion would be really welcome
also any tips on burning in ? or should i just listen to them and see them grow ? (i will use the burn-in flac file when asleep)
Thank youpost #58 of 1369/18/10 at 5:25am
For me, single flange always bring the mid closer, which makes the vocal sweeter and the overall sound warmer, but at the same time reduces the soundstage. Big bi-flange acts the opposite way, add more space but take away a little mid and bass. This is not limited to RE-ZERO but my general observation between single and big bi-flange.post #59 of 1369/18/10 at 8:49amThread Starter
It's a little bit different for me. Bi-flange usually increases the sound stage for me which I agree but at the same time it also increases the bass. It's a bit more so with triple flange tips which is what I use with the RE-Zero. I do agree that mids are a bit closer since it is a bit closer with single flange and bi-flange tip. I usually get more isolation with bi-flange tip and very rarely is that not the case.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Hifiman RE-Zero
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 second ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 13 seconds ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 24 seconds ago
- › La Figaro 339 38 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 1 minute ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2