it is not an improved version. Without comparing I'd say the RE0 is not better than the RE-Zero and the other way is true as well since I don't feel the RE-Zero is better than the RE0. They just have different presentations like I mentioned earlier.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question Last post on 2/21/11 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The level of noise isolation of HiFiMan RE-ZERO vs Etymotic HF2(5) Last post on 11/15/10 at 9:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Urgent Noob advice Last post on 9/11/10 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE-ZERO - Time to Celebrate Last post on 10/29/10 at 10:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CK10 or RE-ZERO? Last post on 9/25/10 at 5:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
[Review] Hifiman RE-Zero - Page 4post #46 of 1369/6/10 at 7:41amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1369/6/10 at 5:02pm
Some may prefer 1 over the other.
I prefer the ZEROs because it does a better job with the mids (more forward & smoother) IMO. I really like the way vocals come out on the ZEROs.
RE0s are a bit more aggressive in the highs and extend a bit further, but their mids appear dryer to me than the ZEROs.
RE0s seem to cut through more in the highs and female vocals can really slice through nicely, but overall i prefer the smoother and more forward approach to the mids that the ZEROs present (the highs are also nice and crisp on the ZEROs).
I'd say you'd probably get equal people on both sides of the debate as it really is a personal preference.
I just came across this review recently posted from "ClieOS".
It pretty much sums it up as far as a comparison to the RE0
Edited by paulypaul - 9/6/10 at 7:09pmpost #48 of 1369/7/10 at 9:18am
I haven't had a chance to hear the RE0, but I really don't think that I could live without the ZERO's silky mids. But even then, sometimes I sit and wonder that if the ZERO treble is this good, what must the RE0 treble be like?
It's a pickle. I went for the Zero because they're balanced (I hope that Head-Direct's balanced portable amp is around the $100-$130 mark, otherwise I'm screwed) and because I like the gunmetal colour. I couldn't decide on signature (without having heard either, mind) alone.post #49 of 1369/7/10 at 3:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by JoetheArachnid
It's a pickle. I went for the Zero because they're balanced (I hope that Head-Direct's balanced portable amp is around the $100-$130 mark, otherwise I'm screwed) and because I like the gunmetal colour. I couldn't decide on signature (without having heard either, mind) alone.
Im hoping for a balanced DAP at some time, but that may just be wishful thinkingpost #50 of 1369/7/10 at 3:45pmThread Starter
I think the review ClieOS made covers a good amount of differences between the RE0 and RE-Zero. The RE0 treble is indeed quite nice but not to everyone's liking. I almost went ahead and bought a RE0 to compare with for this review but then realized I didn't want to lose around 20-30 in reselling a pair.
I know Fang mentioned something about a balanced dap and I'm hoping it isn't too expensive. It could be interested to see how the RE-Zero does with a balanced amp. I do wonder how it sounds from a protector or any other balanced amp but with a couple of converters in the middle of a chain might not be ideal.post #51 of 1369/8/10 at 6:05pmpost #52 of 1369/8/10 at 6:08pmpost #53 of 1369/9/10 at 2:28ampost #54 of 1369/10/10 at 1:08ampost #55 of 1369/10/10 at 1:58ampost #56 of 1369/10/10 at 9:39amQuote:
I am also interested in knowing this. Not because I want to stock up for the nuclear apocalyse (although that's not a bad plan... hmm) but just out of interest. I doubt that they're selling like proverbial hot cakes, considering how they're a limited edition from an obscure Chinese company, but I wouldn't expecting them to be languishing on shelves either.
We could PM Fang, or just hope this thread catches his eye...post #57 of 1369/18/10 at 3:29am
so yesterday i got my pair of RE-ZERO's and i am real excited
i got from a fellow member here (dewaver) his burn-in flac files and i started yesterday with the lighter (mostly pink-white non bass-heavy version) flac file
i will say some more about the sound when i have some hours behind me since i have heard less than a hour
but i need to ask a question the RE-ZERO veterans here
have you noticed/heard any sonic differences between the 3 single tips(black) and the 2 double tips(white) ?
can anyone say without becoming too technical how these tips change/interfere with sound/bass/mids/isolation etc ?
i am gonna try all of them eventually but a 2nd opinion would be really welcome
also any tips on burning in ? or should i just listen to them and see them grow ? (i will use the burn-in flac file when asleep)
Thank youpost #58 of 1369/18/10 at 5:25am
For me, single flange always bring the mid closer, which makes the vocal sweeter and the overall sound warmer, but at the same time reduces the soundstage. Big bi-flange acts the opposite way, add more space but take away a little mid and bass. This is not limited to RE-ZERO but my general observation between single and big bi-flange.post #59 of 1369/18/10 at 8:49amThread Starter
It's a little bit different for me. Bi-flange usually increases the sound stage for me which I agree but at the same time it also increases the bass. It's a bit more so with triple flange tips which is what I use with the RE-Zero. I do agree that mids are a bit closer since it is a bit closer with single flange and bi-flange tip. I usually get more isolation with bi-flange tip and very rarely is that not the case.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Hifiman RE-Zero
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HEAD-DIRECT RE ZERONo reviews yet.
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › AKG K340 and perfect amplifying solution 2 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 9 seconds ago
- › Reeccomended open headphones under $200 11 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for over ear headphones under $300 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude