Apparently someone mentioned my headphone collection to Steve recently, and he immediately became interested in learning more about what might possess someone to become such a headphone nut. We arranged a time to have a chat, and had quite a long chat at that. We covered many aspects of the high end audio hobby and life in general, most of which are not addressed in his blog piece which by necessity needed to be concise and on point. Thanks, Steve. I'm looking forward to meeting you one day, presumably at a headphone-related event! http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20011461-47.html?tag=cnetRiver
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 7/5/14 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
My headphone collection featured in Steve Guttenberg's blogpost #1 of 547/25/10 at 12:37pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 547/25/10 at 12:53pmpost #3 of 547/25/10 at 1:12pmpost #4 of 547/25/10 at 1:13pmpost #5 of 547/25/10 at 3:18pmpost #6 of 547/25/10 at 5:35pm
Nice one! I gathered you had a lot of headphones, but didn't realise just how many. Is there a high-res version of that picture anywhere?post #7 of 547/25/10 at 6:01pmpost #8 of 547/25/10 at 6:07pmpost #9 of 547/25/10 at 6:17pmpost #10 of 547/25/10 at 8:22pm
When you said Steve Guttenburg I thought you meant the guy from the Police Acedmy movies lol, I think you still need a pair of Ultrasone Hfi-2400's though Just kidding, thats a heck of a collection you got there.post #11 of 547/25/10 at 8:26pmQuote:
ROFL!post #12 of 547/25/10 at 8:31pmpost #13 of 547/25/10 at 8:33pmpost #14 of 547/25/10 at 8:39pmQuote:
HAHA I was thinking when did he have a blog talking about audio!
That's a really impressive collection. I've seen pictures of gear over the years and it never fails to impress!
- My headphone collection featured in Steve Guttenberg's blog
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Help with understanding Ohms and Hertz? 2 minutes ago
- › 47 Labs 4733 Midnight Blue Dac/amp/pre 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › NuForce uDAC-2 Black - version 2 10 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)