Apparently someone mentioned my headphone collection to Steve recently, and he immediately became interested in learning more about what might possess someone to become such a headphone nut. We arranged a time to have a chat, and had quite a long chat at that. We covered many aspects of the high end audio hobby and life in general, most of which are not addressed in his blog piece which by necessity needed to be concise and on point. Thanks, Steve. I'm looking forward to meeting you one day, presumably at a headphone-related event! http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20011461-47.html?tag=cnetRiver
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 9/9/14 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
My headphone collection featured in Steve Guttenberg's blogpost #1 of 547/25/10 at 12:37pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 547/25/10 at 12:53pmpost #3 of 547/25/10 at 1:12pmpost #4 of 547/25/10 at 1:13pmpost #5 of 547/25/10 at 3:18pmpost #6 of 547/25/10 at 5:35pm
Nice one! I gathered you had a lot of headphones, but didn't realise just how many. Is there a high-res version of that picture anywhere?post #7 of 547/25/10 at 6:01pmpost #8 of 547/25/10 at 6:07pmpost #9 of 547/25/10 at 6:17pmpost #10 of 547/25/10 at 8:22pm
When you said Steve Guttenburg I thought you meant the guy from the Police Acedmy movies lol, I think you still need a pair of Ultrasone Hfi-2400's though Just kidding, thats a heck of a collection you got there.post #11 of 547/25/10 at 8:26pmQuote:
ROFL!post #12 of 547/25/10 at 8:31pmpost #13 of 547/25/10 at 8:33pmpost #14 of 547/25/10 at 8:39pmQuote:
HAHA I was thinking when did he have a blog talking about audio!
That's a really impressive collection. I've seen pictures of gear over the years and it never fails to impress!
- My headphone collection featured in Steve Guttenberg's blog
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 5 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 49 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 55 seconds ago
- › GREATEST FPS SOUND EXPERIMENT! 1 minute ago
- › The "notorious" Sennheiser HD280 Pro...Review 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TekFusion TwinWoofer, Budget IEM for $50, Impressions, and... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)