I hope this doesn't seem redundant. But hey, I start one of these every year in July.
It's time to redistribute the wealth music fans. What 2010 new releases do you consider essential, progressive, or just plain enjoyable?
Top five from me:
1. High on Fire: Snakes for the Divine - super riff assault, crunchy stoner metal. The album begins with the epic tile track and never lets up. What else would one expect from HoF.
2. Monolake :Silence - depends on the country. I'll run with it. The classic dub techno magician Henke released a found sound concept album with the subject of man in a blizzard.
3. Autechre: Oversteps - my favorite Autechre since Confield. It's a little more back to their roots and sounded confident and playful.
4. Liars: Sisterworld - the art rockers brought their surfy Bret Easton Ellis vibe to the West Coast. I thought their last s/t was great, yet it's good to see them get a little more creative.
5. Barren Earth: Curse of the Red River - fusion metal members of Moonsorrow, Swallow the Sun etc. As might be expected, it's full of big, sweeping hooks and interludes.
Your favorite 2010 new releases?
Edited by virometal - 7/25/10 at 10:11am