or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)? - Page 26

post #376 of 406

Oh hi! What happened to your DHP's? And here, get these and don't look back: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-HD428-DJ-Stereo-Headphones-/230653681531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b407df7b#ht_4307wt_1139

 

Or you can get a pair of Philips The Stretch headphones on Amazon for $25.


Edited by Ishcabible - 8/10/11 at 8:39am
post #377 of 406

The Sennheiser 203's have good clarity and decent bass (depending on your preference)... a good bet.  i'd also suggest the audio technica ath-m30 as it definitely has a surprising bass depth and clarity.  i think you'll be happy either way.

 

 

post #378 of 406
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Oh hi! What happened to your DHP's? And here, get these and don't look back: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-HD428-DJ-Stereo-Headphones-/230653681531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b407df7b#ht_4307wt_1139

 

Or you can get a pair of Philips The Stretch headphones on Amazon for $25.



AWESOME find!!!  There is no way there can be a better deal than this, right?!  Please give opinions people!  EDIT:  Oh, I just saw that they are refurbished..I am really iffy about that kind of stuff.. Isn't it hit or miss?  What if they stop working in, say, 2 months?  =/  Although, it is really really tempting.. :P

 

As far as the DHP's..well, to be honest, they still work GREAT..except for the fact that due to the general wear and tear, the cheap plastic is starting to unscrew/come apart... It's been 1 year..not bad for a pair of $22 hp's.. :P

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiocow View Post

The Sennheiser 203's have good clarity and decent bass (depending on your preference)... a good bet.  i'd also suggest the audio technica ath-m30 as it definitely has a surprising bass depth and clarity.  i think you'll be happy either way.

 

 



I'm also iffy about the 203's based on the mixed opinions I have seen.  It seems as though in this price range people have mostly said there are better choices?  That was the result of asking around last time I used this thread heheheh.   I'm looking at these refurbished senn hd428's and the other audio-technica i mentioned before..  http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHT22-Dynamic-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B000BNY0W0/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1312997003&sr=1-1


Edited by trancetunes - 8/10/11 at 10:23am
post #379 of 406

It's pretty unlikely, but I'd be willing to fix it if it breaks within a year.

post #380 of 406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

It's pretty unlikely, but I'd be willing to fix it if it breaks within a year.



Seriously?  Ahhh I wish I didn't have so much trouble just placing that trust in you (the fact that you would return them back etc..)  :P

Okay, well, I know you helped me last time.. So I just bought them!  

 

FINAL VERDICT:  The refurbished HD428's on eBay.

 

Thanks once again!  Especially to Ishcabible!  :D

post #381 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancetunes View Post





Seriously?  Ahhh I wish I didn't have so much trouble just placing that trust in you (the fact that you would return them back etc..)  :P

Okay, well, I know you helped me last time.. So I just bought them!  

 

FINAL VERDICT:  The refurbished HD428's on eBay.

 

Thanks once again!  Especially to Ishcabible!  :D


Haha I wouldn't steal them. I have 15 other headphones to keep me company. wink_face.gif

 

If you feel there isn't enough bass, I can probably help you with that.

 

post #382 of 406

Did no one come in to recommend Superlux in time? frown.gif

post #383 of 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftown1 View Post

Did no one come in to recommend Superlux in time? frown.gif



I would have recommended them, but they're closer to $40...

post #384 of 406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post





I would have recommended them, but they're closer to $40...


Yup, and I didn't have that much on my gift card haha!  :P  I really hope I am happy with the HD428's I just got.. I mean, I know if they don't break, then I just got an awesome deal.  If I'm not happy with the bass I will definitely PM you for help with that!  :)  Thanks so much Ishcabible

 


Edited by trancetunes - 8/10/11 at 11:17am
post #385 of 406

aw, I didn't know how restricted you were...I just picked up the 681 for $35darthsmile.gif

post #386 of 406
Thread Starter 

To be honest, I might spoil myself and grab those as soon as I get my next check hahaha :P

 

**** you head-fi'ers..getting me all into headphones now!  ;)

post #387 of 406
Thread Starter 

Hey everyone,

 

I need another pair of under $40 USD headphones.  I want a lot of bass, and then consideration for clear highs.  I want to feel the bass, and not have it be so shallow and plain like the HD 428's I last bought.  The Maxell DHP II had great sound for the price, and I miss that, but they are too expensive now.  Any suggestions for my guidelines?

 

Thanks!

post #388 of 406

save up more ;-)

post #389 of 406

Ive heard that the sennheiser 205 is a good over the ear headphone, its good for a beginner like you, and the sound is good for the price. Retais in places for £20

post #390 of 406
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

save up more ;-)


i appreciate the humor, but i am sort of looking for serious replies...please help me decide within my $40 range.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphonefred View Post

Ive heard that the sennheiser 205 is a good over the ear headphone, its good for a beginner like you, and the sound is good for the price. Retais in places for £20


i am a beginner, but even as a beginner i know that there are much more full sounding headphones for the same price range.  i'd get the koss portapro over senn 205's =/

sennheiser 205 and others just don't seem to have RICH and FULL bass.  my maxell dhp-ii's had that, but they are over $50 now. 

 

 

 

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?  I've been considering Audio-Technica...Does anyone know if they have awesome bass and nice highs for the price range?

 

Also, what about Superlux 681?


Edited by trancetunes - 2/21/12 at 12:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)?