The DACport has a headphone amplifier output which is not, for optimal sound quality, what you want to connect to active monitors. For optimal sound quality, you will want to connect the monitors to the line output. I, myself, would get the DACport LX and a separate volume control unit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudioengine A2 Premium Powered Desktop Speaker Pair (White)tagged by System, 5/28/12
- productAudioengine A5 Powered Multimedia Speaker System (Black)tagged by System, 5/28/12
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 5/28/12
- categoryComputer Speakerstagged by System, 5/28/12
- productCreative GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technolgytagged by System, 5/28/12
- productCreative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technologytagged by System, 5/28/12
- productD1080MKII 08tagged by System, 5/28/12
- productLogitech Speaker System Z520 (Black)tagged by System, 5/28/12
- productM-Audio BX-5 Studio Monitorstagged by System, 5/28/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Powered Speakerstagged by System, 5/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Computer speaker suggestions < 75 USD Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:59pm in Computer Audio
- Need recommendations for 2.0 speakers. Last post on 6/15/12 at 9:09pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Good Speakers for a Dorm Room? Audioengine vs Harmon Kardon vs Antec Last post on 7/7/15 at 11:51am in Computer Audio
- I've narrowed down a list of monitors. Can anybody give me some input? Last post on 6/30/14 at 8:52am in Computer Audio
- Smallest and Best 2.0 Speaker 200 or less Last post on 2/6/13 at 12:43pm in Computer Audio
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Adjusting volume in each monitor is certainly possible for all of them have volume control. The question is whether you want to do that given that each time you want to change volume you'll have to get up and change the volume in both monitors. Unless the volume knob is detented, you may run into balance issues where one channel is at a different volume.
Unless you are using some JBL and Adam models where both left and right channel monitors can be connected to one another thereby allowing for volume control for both via one single knob, you will want a single volume control in addition to each monitor's volume control.
Edited by Mauricio - 5/21/12 at 12:14pm
Have come across lots of reviews both praising the Rokits and trashing the Behringers, so since the price is quite similar I'm seriously considering the Rokit for now.
I was looking at photos of the back panel for both Studio Monitors, and the Behringers look to have much more control and adjustments, are these adjustments really useful? By the way I really like the fact that the Rokit speakers have the bass port positioned at the front since with my setup they might be fairly close to the wall :P
From what I've been reading having the bass port at the back increases the chance of bass build up, particularly when the speakers sit close to the wall.
With the Rokits it is recommended to have the speakers sitting a little bit above the surface of the table to prevent bass clipping as well.
haha,you know some portuguese!
i was thinking that the port on the front would have more "impact",more punch-ness,for example punching your chest while listening some dubstep.
RThe E:The 9. Logitech Z520
First and foremost, DO NOT BUY THESE. Yes, they look nice, but that's only without the grills. They are fingerprint magnets and, more importantly, sound HORRIBLE. At around $130, these are ridiculously overpriced. I bought them expecting them sound not much unlike my Z10s, as they are now Logitech's flagship 2.0s just as the Z10s were four years ago. They have a large soundstage, mainly due to a feature called 360 degree sound, but--trust me--this not sound you want to hear. Distortion is a mess. Avoid these like the plague.
Well, I bought these recently. As a non-audiophile (I have some Grado sr80i's, and that's as high as I go), I am pleased with them. I recommend them to people looking for decent sounding 2.0 speakers for computer/portable use.
I agree completely that $130 is overpriced, but now that it is 2012, bestbuy.com is selling them for $80 (I think they are re-furbished), which is much more reasonable. The build quality is solid, they are heavier than you would think and seem like they will last for a few years at least. They come with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer. I appreciate the option with the removable grills. At this point I prefer them on, they do not hinder the sound. The headphone jack and line out jack on the side are great too and convenient.
On the sound: I have no idea what the reviewer had these hooked up to, but I disgree about the distortion. I am using these with an ipod classic 80gig (sometimes with an old apple ipod dock with a line out), apple laptop , or a Sony portable CD player. With playing portable players plugged in, they have been sounding great. There CAN be distortion, based on the recordings played (some recordings are more compressed/less dynamic than others), or the volume levels of the source (the computer would be more of an issue here), and it seems the Equalizer settings on the players can also play a part in distortion. With some music I noticed it is better to leave the equalizer flat, especially if the recording has less dynamic range. They do get plenty loud without having to turn the knob nearly all the way up, though. Overall, I have not had any incurable distortion problems.
The sound is great to my ears, and I would recommend them as speakers for music (that's what I bought them for) in a single room that you do not want a loud subwoofer to shake the walls. There is plenty enough low-end bass to satisfy for music listening in the vicinity of the speakers, though ( unless you have to feel your ass vibrate from the bass to enjoy your music). I appreciate the simplicity of not having a subwoofer, for my space at least. For speakers of this size, they have very large sound.
I have not had these long, and are still breaking in, but even at this point I am pleased with my music on these. They sound great, dammit.
tags or whatever: logitech z520 2.0 speakers
Edited by Cat Steps - 8/4/12 at 4:18pm
Equator Audio D5 seem to be the rage on internet right now. I havent heard them but would love to get some inputs here. They surely have lots of details and clarity, but do they sound enjoyable?
This thread was definitely a most interesting read. I really didn't know about the positioning of the speakers and I usually just placed it far above my head because of this IKEA desktop table -- I'll probably have to invest in a different one now.
I'm not sure if I missed it, but has there been a comparison on the BX5A Deluxe and the A5+? I'd like to know how much better they are in comparison to the A5's and if it's still worth getting the BX5A over it.
Edit: Re-read some of the posts and now the Swan MkIII looks really good, too. Could I get somebody's opinion of these three being compared to each other?
Edited by suica - 10/26/12 at 11:53pm
So what's the current recommendation for speakers in the ~$200 range (+/- $50)?
Looking for something to complement my Senn HD598's for when I want to play some games, listen to music, or watch downloads and not wear the phones.
Room treatment is as important as speakers if accurate sound is what you're after. DIY solutions are inexpensive but it's easy to spend $500+ on professional products.
Edited by Koui - 12/22/12 at 10:08am
- 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 21 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 12 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 12 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 13 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Fender FXA5 first look by RedJohn456. PG 2123. 14 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...