microsd mate, microsd.
Related Forum Threads
- Which Cheap Portable Music Player is Best Last post on 11/27/12 at 9:52am in Portable Source Gear
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod touch first generation upgrade Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
- help me chose between Hisound Studio V vs Hifiman 602 slim pair with Yuin G1a? Last post on 7/16/12 at 10:25am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Audiophile/best sounding mp3 players out to date...post here!!!! - Page 3post #31 of 577/21/10 at 6:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 577/21/10 at 6:23pmpost #33 of 577/21/10 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #34 of 577/21/10 at 8:32pmpost #35 of 577/22/10 at 10:56am
s:flo 2 has superb sound for both HO and LO, it can be expanded by microSD up to 32gb. i use a microsd to sd adaptor (yes, small to big) with a 32gb sd card. works like wonders. i have 40gb of music on my sflo. only problem is the UI that, while stable, is totally unintuitive.
compared to an imod with a valgrind caps and d10, the sflo's headout loses only slightly in my opinion. in fact it should easily beat it hands down when properly amp.
my .02 thoughpost #36 of 577/25/10 at 5:54ampost #37 of 577/25/10 at 6:57am
Well is the HiFI Man bigger than the Creative Zen Nomad Jukebox, I have 2 of these Nomad Jukeboxes in my collection and though they are an old player I still love their SQ, as they say an oldie but a goldie.post #38 of 577/25/10 at 10:54ampost #39 of 577/25/10 at 8:48pm
The 5.5 G DIYMOD - > PICO AMP/DAC is the best portable setup this young ear's heard. Considerably better than the X Walkman (which I also own). The DIYMOD simply has more bass, better clarity and is more adept at vocals as well. Sure, comparing an amped setup and unamped player is unfair but hey, you guys asked for it.
I find that amping the X's headphone out makes little difference. Haven't tried amping the line out yet. Would be really appreciative if someone would chime in whether it's worth it or not.post #40 of 578/2/10 at 9:49pmpost #41 of 578/2/10 at 10:41pmpost #42 of 578/3/10 at 12:07amQuote:
Which Nomad have you got? I used to own the Nomad Jukebox 3 before I got the Zen Touch in 2005 and gave the NJ3 to my sister and brother in law who still uses it as a portable stereo when they go on vacation.post #43 of 578/3/10 at 12:17ampost #44 of 578/3/10 at 12:53am
If I would rank the 5 that I use daily now (my iRiver H120 excluded since it is still back in Sweden), it would be in this order:
Sansa View (with a Fiio E5 for some extra bass)
Creative Zen Touch
Creative Zen Vision:M (with a Fiio E5 for some extra bass)
It depends on which headphones I pair them with, but overall this is how I rank how I like the sound. The View is paired with a Fiio E5 and they go very well together. The Cowon S9 has got an amazing screen and a very good sound, but the BBE+ EQ does something with the overall sound that I am not too crazy about. It puts a slightly artificial veil over the music, or at least to my ears. I have tweaked the EQ so that it is acceptable.
As you can see, most of the DAP:s are old, but I like the charm of old bricks. They were just made for playing music and newer players are not always better at that.
I have a lot of music so I have arranged it by genres on the different DAP:s. The Kenwood and View has got progressive metal, the ZVM and Zen Touch has got other metal and the S9 has got progressive rock and other non metal music. I have tested the DAP:s with my different headphones and then picked the pairings which sound the best (written down neatly in a small notebook). When I go out, I pick DAP based on what sort of music I feel like listening to. It does sound a bit OCD, but I think that many people with special interests like this one might at least partly fit the OCD description...
I would want to collect more DAP:s, but I do not want players that just sit and collect dust. So I will probably only buy one more. I've got my eyes set on the Victor XA HD 500 which is an old Japanese DAP released in 2005. I like the fact that it comes with a charging cradle with a line out and also a wireless remote.
Edited by Danneq - 8/3/10 at 12:56am
- Audiophile/best sounding mp3 players out to date...post here!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN 602No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs 6 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 15 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 35 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 44 seconds ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › The inside of ACS T1 (old vision) shocked me when I opened it..And... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones To Buy For PC-Based Music Listening 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude