microsd mate, microsd.
Related Forum Threads
- Which Cheap Portable Music Player is Best Last post on 11/27/12 at 9:52am in Portable Source Gear
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod touch first generation upgrade Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
- help me chose between Hisound Studio V vs Hifiman 602 slim pair with Yuin G1a? Last post on 7/16/12 at 10:25am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Edited on 12/28/12
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Audiophile/best sounding mp3 players out to date...post here!!!! - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
s:flo 2 has superb sound for both HO and LO, it can be expanded by microSD up to 32gb. i use a microsd to sd adaptor (yes, small to big) with a 32gb sd card. works like wonders. i have 40gb of music on my sflo. only problem is the UI that, while stable, is totally unintuitive.
compared to an imod with a valgrind caps and d10, the sflo's headout loses only slightly in my opinion. in fact it should easily beat it hands down when properly amp.
my .02 though
Well is the HiFI Man bigger than the Creative Zen Nomad Jukebox, I have 2 of these Nomad Jukeboxes in my collection and though they are an old player I still love their SQ, as they say an oldie but a goldie.
The 5.5 G DIYMOD - > PICO AMP/DAC is the best portable setup this young ear's heard. Considerably better than the X Walkman (which I also own). The DIYMOD simply has more bass, better clarity and is more adept at vocals as well. Sure, comparing an amped setup and unamped player is unfair but hey, you guys asked for it.
I find that amping the X's headphone out makes little difference. Haven't tried amping the line out yet. Would be really appreciative if someone would chime in whether it's worth it or not.
Which Nomad have you got? I used to own the Nomad Jukebox 3 before I got the Zen Touch in 2005 and gave the NJ3 to my sister and brother in law who still uses it as a portable stereo when they go on vacation.
If I would rank the 5 that I use daily now (my iRiver H120 excluded since it is still back in Sweden), it would be in this order:
Sansa View (with a Fiio E5 for some extra bass)
Creative Zen Touch
Creative Zen Vision:M (with a Fiio E5 for some extra bass)
It depends on which headphones I pair them with, but overall this is how I rank how I like the sound. The View is paired with a Fiio E5 and they go very well together. The Cowon S9 has got an amazing screen and a very good sound, but the BBE+ EQ does something with the overall sound that I am not too crazy about. It puts a slightly artificial veil over the music, or at least to my ears. I have tweaked the EQ so that it is acceptable.
As you can see, most of the DAP:s are old, but I like the charm of old bricks. They were just made for playing music and newer players are not always better at that.
I have a lot of music so I have arranged it by genres on the different DAP:s. The Kenwood and View has got progressive metal, the ZVM and Zen Touch has got other metal and the S9 has got progressive rock and other non metal music. I have tested the DAP:s with my different headphones and then picked the pairings which sound the best (written down neatly in a small notebook). When I go out, I pick DAP based on what sort of music I feel like listening to. It does sound a bit OCD, but I think that many people with special interests like this one might at least partly fit the OCD description...
I would want to collect more DAP:s, but I do not want players that just sit and collect dust. So I will probably only buy one more. I've got my eyes set on the Victor XA HD 500 which is an old Japanese DAP released in 2005. I like the fact that it comes with a charging cradle with a line out and also a wireless remote.
Edited by Danneq - 8/3/10 at 12:56am
- Audiophile/best sounding mp3 players out to date...post here!!!!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013... 1 second ago
- › PSB M4U 2 22 seconds ago
- › Quattro de mayo Seattle meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport... 1 minute ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › LSTN Headphones: Giving Back. Amplified. 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › NVX Audio XPT100 Studio Over-Ear Headphones, Brand New 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe