What's the best sounding mp3 players you know of. I have a Samsung P3 which has an impressive DSN 3.0 engine in it. I'm running out of music space and am thinking about getting a Zune HD. BUT, I do not know about the sound quality. That's what I mostly care about.
Related Forum Threads
- Which Cheap Portable Music Player is Best Last post on 11/27/12 at 9:52am in Portable Source Gear
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod touch first generation upgrade Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
- help me chose between Hisound Studio V vs Hifiman 602 slim pair with Yuin G1a? Last post on 7/16/12 at 10:25am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
Audiophile/best sounding mp3 players out to date...post here!!!!post #1 of 577/19/10 at 5:48pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 577/19/10 at 6:03pm
Hifiman 801 and soon to be out 602 for absolute best sound quality. Also has removable storage so you have 'unlimited' storage space.
I looked at a Zune HD yesterday at BB. Sound quality was very good through the rather average headphones they had laying about. Thinking about getting one myself, or a 4G iTouch in a couple months.
Edited by Maxvla - 7/19/10 at 6:05pmpost #3 of 577/19/10 at 6:28pmpost #4 of 577/19/10 at 6:32pmpost #5 of 577/19/10 at 6:54pmpost #6 of 577/19/10 at 7:10pmpost #7 of 577/19/10 at 7:15pm
Without a doubt, the HM-801.
But, you said .mp3 players, and the best ones are DAP's that play lossless.post #8 of 577/19/10 at 7:36pm
I've owned Sony X and S:flo2, which are good (the SF2 Line out is excellent), but I love the ZuneHD SQ, and the Touch 3G via line out is excellent as well.
Am interested in the HD 602, but probably might not buy one.post #9 of 577/19/10 at 11:35pmThread Starterpost #10 of 577/20/10 at 2:51ampost #11 of 577/20/10 at 2:54ampost #12 of 577/20/10 at 3:35ampost #13 of 577/20/10 at 6:06ampost #14 of 577/20/10 at 6:27ampost #15 of 577/20/10 at 9:12amQuote:
Kenwood HD30B9 sounds best, what I owned, Sony X / Sony A series / Zune / S:FLO2/ Cowon D2/ iriver hp140 / iphone
Edited by gameboy115 - 7/20/10 at 1:48pm
- Audiophile/best sounding mp3 players out to date...post here!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN 602No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › FS: Excellent condition Firestone Audio ILTW 24/192 WM8740 USB/I2S... 15 seconds ago
- › Ipod Purchase Advice? 57 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendations for an Android user 3 minutes ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude