I had started this thread in 'Dedicated Source Components' but haven't had any replies, maybe wrong place? So I thought I'd try here. I searched in the appropriate forums and have read the odd comment from someone saying they're enjoying it with their Denons, but was wanting to get a bit more of a detailed review of this pairing. How is the bass with the D2000?, some say it is quite bright sounding? My only other point of reference is the uDAC, which I intend to sell to help fund the HDP. The HDP looks to be the all-in-one I'm looking for, but I have a stingy exchange rate and international shipping fee to factor in, so I really want to feel confident in my choice. If it is not such a good match, I'd maybe save some money, and go for the iBasso D10 (I don't need portability but I want optical). Thanks in advance
- brandDenontagged by System, 7/20/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/20/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 7/20/10
- brandNuforce Inctagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Nuforce HDP with Denon D2000 Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:03pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP! Last post on 9/6/11 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I ask a stupid question? Last post on 3/25/11 at 5:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [Review] Nuforce Icon HDP Last post on 8/1/13 at 2:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Nuforce Icon HDP vs Headroom Micro Stack Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Nuforce HDP with Denon D2000post #1 of 37/19/10 at 5:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/11/10 at 10:42pm
I don't have time to post a long review atm, but I will say that the HDP's DAC is, in my opinion, a very significant step-up from Ibasso D10 - both of which I own. I have heard both my D10 and HDP using D2000. I felt D10 was a little underpowered with the D2000s (turned up to at least 3/4 volume and could tell it wasn't driving it to its potential) but it still sounded pretty darn good for the price and gives you the benefit of the mobility.
As far as HDP goes, I think it is a slam dunk value and really recommend it over D10 easily if you can afford the added cost - especially since HDP will fully power any full-size (okay, almost any full-size) headphone you might upgrade to in the future. When I purchased my d10 a year ago, there was no dedicated DAC/amp combo at the price performance of HDP, and especially not with a 24/96 outstanding USB section with no discernable jitter IMO (unlike D10's comparatively horrible USB input which sounds very clearly worse than optical IMO). I have contemplated selling d10 on several occasions, because I hardly ever use it. I do like the idea of still having an amp the same size as my ipod for travel though.Quote:Originally Posted by Beninnzorjp
I had started this thread in 'Dedicated Source Components' but haven't had any replies, maybe wrong place? So I thought I'd try here. I searched in the appropriate forums and have read the odd comment from someone saying they're enjoying it with their Denons, but was wanting to get a bit more of a detailed review of this pairing. How is the bass with the D2000?, some say it is quite bright sounding? My only other point of reference is the uDAC, which I intend to sell to help fund the HDP. The HDP looks to be the all-in-one I'm looking for, but I have a stingy exchange rate and international shipping fee to factor in, so I really want to feel confident in my choice. If it is not such a good match, I'd maybe save some money, and go for the iBasso D10 (I don't need portability but I want optical). Thanks in advance "post #3 of 311/3/10 at 6:10pm
I'm going to revive this with the same question. How does the HDP compare with the uDac-2? If I use the uDac-2 as a DAC, and the amp in the HDP, is there any difference from using solely the HDP? Thank you.
And how does the Icon-2 fair?
Edited by Blisse - 11/3/10 at 6:13pm
- Nuforce HDP with Denon D2000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 44 seconds ago
- › Post Rock recommendations for a newbie 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › DT770 32ohm, Shure SRH940 or ATH-A900x? 2 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 4 minutes ago
- › Yulong A28 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude