New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster Turbine Gold - Page 2

post #16 of 29
The seller is Hawaiian_fantasy.... Know anything about him?
post #17 of 29

sorry nickbentley, I don't;  i'm not a huge ebayer.

 

Oh, one thing I forgot to ask:  The reviews here have said that the coppers "love volume and power".  Now, I am very careful with my ears and the volume at which I listen to things, so I guess some people might say I listen at low volumes.   I guess I don't really know what qualifies as "volume and power" for an people here who are audiophiles and who I am sure are also very careful with their ears.  But my guess is I listen lower than some/most. In fact, with my Shures, sometimes I can't get it low enough on my iPod! So there is the concern that i would be wasting my money since i would not be using the potential of the coppers.  If that is true, that perhaps the IE8s would in fact be better for me since they are supposed to be better at low volumes. Or maybe I wouldn't even notice, since they would be such a big upgrade from my shures, and they are my only point of comparison :P


Edited by ShyFroggy - 7/19/10 at 9:50pm
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 


Do you use an amp when you listen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyFroggy View Post

sorry nickbentley, I don't;  i'm not a huge ebayer.

 

Oh, one thing I forgot to ask:  The reviews here have said that the coppers "love volume and power".  Now, I am very careful with my ears and the volume at which I listen to things, so I guess some people might say I listen at low volumes.   I guess I don't really know what qualifies as "volume and power" for an people here who are audiophiles and who I am sure are also very careful with their ears.  But my guess is I listen lower than some/most. In fact, with my Shures, sometimes I can't get it low enough on my iPod! So there is the concern that i would be wasting my money since i would not be using the potential of the coppers.  If that is true, that perhaps the IE8s would in fact be better for me since they are supposed to be better at low volumes. Or maybe I wouldn't even notice, since they would be such a big upgrade from my shures, and they are my only point of comparison :P

post #19 of 29

@Nickbentley

 

I went on my neglected ebay account and looked up your seller.  I looked at his feedback (which was positive, as I'm sure you know) but what I was interested in was what products he had gotten said positive feedback for.  Lots of "clappers" as in "clap on clap off", some ab work out machine "as seen on tv" some dusters, etc.  I didn't see any other expensive earbuds or electronics.  So...not sure what to make from that, good or bad.  My fingers are crossed for you!  Be sure to let us know how it turns out.


Edited by ShyFroggy - 7/19/10 at 10:02pm
post #20 of 29
From what I understand, the Coppers are a more neutral reference type phone. Whereas the golds are warmer? Which I prefer. While I can appreciate good sound, I'm no expert at this stuff as I'm pretty new to the hobby myself. I kinda just bought the Turbine Pro Golds on an impulse buy and now I'm hooked. I didn't even know you could buy portable amps for headphones until reading on here yesterday! I'll be getting one eventually though. Until now my best pair of phones were the Bose Tri Port over the ear. Which I though were great until hearing the Golds. I grew up thinking Bose was the shiznit until just recently learning that most people who are serious about audio see them as a joke. The same can be said for Monster although pretty much everyone seems to like the Turbine IEMs.
post #21 of 29

Have the Golds.

Advice:

Screw around with the ton of tips. If your package does not contain hybrid SuperTips (A stiff silicon core surrounded by soft foam) maybe you can still contact Soundmatters12 for some freebies. But AFAIK Monster is now selling these tips so maybe you can't get them for free.

My Impression of these IEMs.

post #22 of 29

@evenagreer:  no, I don't use an amp.  Does that make my case better or worse, lol?

post #23 of 29
I really prefer the super soft Comply tips that came with mine. They were the only tip in the box I could get a good fit with. Even the white super tips. I just ordered some more replacement Comply tips today. I love them.
post #24 of 29


No.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanagreer View Post


Do you use an amp when you listen?


 
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyFroggy View Post

@evenagreer:  no, I don't use an amp.  Does that make my case better or worse, lol?


It doesn't change your case. :-)

 

I've just never had an amp and since you were responding quickly I was going to hit you with some questions about it ha

post #26 of 29

*PS this is my new user name
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbentley View Post




It doesn't change your case. :-)

 

I've just never had an amp and since you were responding quickly I was going to hit you with some questions about it ha

post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbentley View Post

*PS this is my new user name
 


 


oh okay, ha!  I was a little confused, lol.

post #28 of 29

Monster supposedly does not honor the lifetime warranty on open box items from anyone, including Onecall. There is a recent thread on this here at head-fi.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryGillmore View Post

Plus you more than likely won't get the fantastic warranty Monster offers if you buy from eBay. I just received my Golds last Thursday after buying them from onecall for $180. It was an open box unit but was like brand new and still had the lifetime warranty. I decided to buy from onecall after getting burned on some fake Monster Beats Tours on Amazon. If you're gonna spend hundreds of dollars on audio equipment, you may as well pay a little more and get the warranty and be sure you're getting an authentic product.
post #29 of 29

I got a pair of used turbine golds but am not sure if they are authentic. Is there anyway i can tell besides the adapter plug and the silver part being brushed silver instead of gunmetal?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: