Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound. - Page 80

post #1186 of 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
 

Since this amp came out about 4 years ago. Just out of curiosity, who kept their sr-71b? And if you got rid of it, what replaced it? 


IMO no other devices have been released which improve upon what the SR71b does.

post #1187 of 1192

I have difficulties choosing between the Intruder and the Sr71b ... I just tried the Sr71B , it is fine with the D5000 , but I can not find someone borrow me an Intruder ... 

post #1188 of 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by lustandwet View Post
 

I have difficulties choosing between the Intruder and the Sr71b ... I just tried the Sr71B , it is fine with the D5000 , but I can not find someone borrow me an Intruder ... 

 

With the gain upgrade, sonically I think the amplifiers are very very close.  It boils down to your source.  The DAC in the Intruder adds a feature not in the SR71B.  

 

Before the gain upgrade to the SR71B, some preferred the Intruder.

post #1189 of 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post
 

 

With the gain upgrade, sonically I think the amplifiers are very very close.  It boils down to your source.  The DAC in the Intruder adds a feature not in the SR71B.  

 

Before the gain upgrade to the SR71B, some preferred the Intruder.

Gotta it . Thanks dude .

post #1190 of 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
 

Since this amp came out about 4 years ago. Just out of curiosity, who kept their sr-71b? And if you got rid of it, what replaced it? 


Still have it, great with all my orthodynamics and not bad with the HD800.  I do think my lightning F-35 is a little wamer and more enjoyable with HD800, and on par with the others, except the F-35 can't drive the HE-6.

post #1191 of 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
 


Still have it, great with all my orthodynamics and not bad with the HD800.  I do think my lightning F-35 is a little wamer and more enjoyable with HD800, and on par with the others, except the F-35 can't drive the HE-6.

 

Thanks Larry! I was having a tough decision between SR-71B and the F-35. I went with SR-71B due to fact it can run both single and balance. Waiting for my balance cables, I really hope it's worth it. 

post #1192 of 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
 

 

Thanks Larry! I was having a tough decision between SR-71B and the F-35. I went with SR-71B due to fact it can run both single and balance. Waiting for my balance cables, I really hope it's worth it. 


You definitely want to go balanced if you can with this amp, as it's a rather large improvement in this particular amp.  The 1/8" output is nice for emergencies. :tongue_smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.