Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound. - Page 75

post #1111 of 1183

just wondering will jh13/16 pick up any hissing sound when the amp is on but no music is being played? coz i'm planning to get 1 after i got my jh16 done, and get my ak120 mod, and my portable rig shall complete and more than enough for me to last couple of years

post #1112 of 1183

and i would like to ask jamato8, do u mind to tell me how ur interconnect looks like because i assume it's 3.5mm at one end and balanced terminated at another end, mind to snap a pic? where do u get such interconnect?

post #1113 of 1183
post #1114 of 1183
Ted makes brilliant cables at very very reasonable prices. He made me a beautiful wood rsa to 3.5mm adaptor.

Drop him a pm @
http://www.head-fi.org/u/140678/teds-headfood/
post #1115 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlee181 View Post
 

just wondering will jh13/16 pick up any hissing sound when the amp is on but no music is being played? coz i'm planning to get 1 after i got my jh16 done, and get my ak120 mod, and my portable rig shall complete and more than enough for me to last couple of years

JH13and SR71b are dead silent at all times.

post #1116 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
 

JH13and SR71b are dead silent at all times.

i think the sr71b is silent with all iem ive tried a bit of them, and no floor noise, no volume noise...overall just a black background.  i really do feel like the sr71b is a peerless. imo its that good

post #1117 of 1183
I getting the same setup, RWAK120-B > Toxic SW right angle TRRS to Kobiconn> SR-71B> JH Roxanne all of them will reach me end of NOV or early DEC.

The Toxic cable are something special as there is no Metal TRRS connector in the market And Frank said he will make something nice, can't wait! hopefully he manage to make the Roxanne balance cable for me!!
post #1118 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

I getting the same setup, RWAK120-B > Toxic SW right angle TRRS to Kobiconn> SR-71B> JH Roxanne all of them will reach me end of NOV or early DEC.

The Toxic cable are something special as there is no Metal TRRS connector in the market And Frank said he will make something nice, can't wait! hopefully he manage to make the Roxanne balance cable for me!!

Sounds like a Nice setup..the sr71b is a amaizng amplifier

post #1119 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

I getting the same setup, RWAK120-B > Toxic SW right angle TRRS to Kobiconn> SR-71B> JH Roxanne all of them will reach me end of NOV or early DEC.

The Toxic cable are something special as there is no Metal TRRS connector in the market And Frank said he will make something nice, can't wait! hopefully he manage to make the Roxanne balance cable for me!!

where do u get ur 3.5mm to balanced interconnect? any picture to share of?

post #1120 of 1183
Yeah, the amp is with me now. Waiting for the rest.
post #1121 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlee181 View Post

where do u get ur 3.5mm to balanced interconnect? any picture to share of?

I have Frank from toxic cable to make me 1, still waiting it to reach me. Should get them next week, will post a picture once it reach me. It's something special I think as he reluctant to use plastic trrs connector to his cable due to his high expectation thus he did some mod to it.
post #1122 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post


I have Frank from toxic cable to make me 1, still waiting it to reach me. Should get them next week, will post a picture once it reach me. It's something special I think as he reluctant to use plastic trrs connector to his cable due to his high expectation thus he did some mod to it.

how much it cost u? because it's quite hard to find that kind of interconnect

post #1123 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlee181 View Post

how much it cost u? because it's quite hard to find that kind of interconnect
Good question... I don't know as I had couple of hundred pound deposit @ Frank account for my JH-3A cable but then I converted Roxanne cable but it won't be ready for sometime due to the propriety connector, so the interlink come 1st.

Posted him the question will update you.
post #1124 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post


Good question... I don't know as I had couple of hundred pound deposit @ Frank account for my JH-3A cable but then I converted Roxanne cable but it won't be ready for sometime due to the propriety connector, so the interlink come 1st.

Posted him the question will update you.

thanks in advanced, i think red wine audio themselves came out with such interconnect, if it's real, i might get from them to save myself from hassle since i need to send my ak120 for modding at the same time, my wallet going to bleed soon, $695 for b-modification, $195 for moon audio silver dragon cable for jh with balanced terminated, and 820aud for rsa sr-71b amp (since i live in australia currently) it's going to cost me around 2k aud.... that's a lot !!!

post #1125 of 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlee181 View Post
 

thanks in advanced, i think red wine audio themselves came out with such interconnect, if it's real, i might get from them to save myself from hassle since i need to send my ak120 for modding at the same time, my wallet going to bleed soon, $695 for b-modification, $195 for moon audio silver dragon cable for jh with balanced terminated, and 820aud for rsa sr-71b amp (since i live in australia currently) it's going to cost me around 2k aud.... that's a lot !!!

 

Welcome to Headfi lol.

 

and theres always something to upgrade always something a little bit better, always something alluding.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.