I'm happy to let everyone know that we will break even when the last of the contributions get here. Sorry if I wasn't all there as I'm not feeling too good in addition to having a late night out.
- Thanks everyone for coming. There were 3 guys who live in NSW, one chap who lives on the Sunny Coast and one on the Gold Coast. Cheers to the two guys who rocked up after ghosting Head Fi. :D We also had two guys from OCAU who were great to have around.
- A huge thanks goes to John from COEM Audio who made a significant contribution to the meet. Without his support, we definitely wouldn't have such a nice venue.
- Thanks to both Audio Jester and Nakattack who helped during the planning and funding stage.
- Iceworks turned out to be a pretty nice place and the service was good. Thanks for suggesting it Qusp. I'm glad you could make it!
Impressions and funny facts:
- I didn't do that much listening but I really enjoyed listening to jrisles' Eddie Current Balancing Act.
- Jrisles took the longest to set up - 1 hour plus. The amount of gear he had was mind boggling.
- I didn't mind the DT880 but they didn't wow me like I had hoped.
- 4 people like death metal and its derivatives.
- 2 people had AD900s with a missing wing. This does say something about the design.
- There was no HD555 and only one AD700. These are supposed to be the most popular phones.
- Most people hate the Burson HA-160 stepper.
- A lot of people enjoyed the RS-1. From a extremely brief session, I came away thinking I liked them more than my MS Pros.
- The MS Ultimate didn't impress me that much. The MS1000 on the other hand is always a joy to listen to.
- I'd say the HE-5's build quality isn't as bad as I had imagined it was.
- JIGF's dad is awesome!
- Ultrasones aren't as bad as I thought they would be although they don't do it for me. The modded Pro900s weren't that bass heavy and neither was the LA2000.
Edited by MomijiTMO - 7/17/10 at 5:34pm