Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 6/28/14 at 10:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated tube amps (Leben, Luxman) vs. stand-alone headphone amps Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 7/2/14 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Headphone Impedance
Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such an amazing looking amplifier. The green and gold really sets it apart from other pieces of equipment, and makes it look incredibly attractive... that is, if an amp could be considered attractive. One of these days I'll have to try one out. Congrats!
BTW, thanks for the GECs. I'm totally digging these tubes.
Thanks, I think it is a keeper. Glad you are enjoying the GECs They are as good as the 6as7g IMHO. Will be offloading a bunch of other 6as7g type tubes to start tube rolling the Leben if you are interested,
I've been listening to them for almost an hour and I already like them better than my RCA 6AS7G black plates. Keep me informed, and treat your new amp well!
Shoot, I just ordered and got a pair of 5751 to use in my CS300SX which I ordered a month ago (it still has yet to be delivered). Does that mean that the 5751 pair is unusable in the latest version of the Leben CS300SX?
Whew. Thanks Skylab. I got a pair of NOS JAN GE 5751 (1987). Although only 23 years old, I think they may sound great. Don't know yet. I also go a quad of NOS Siemens EL84 (1968/1969). My fingers are crossed on those. I only wish I had come across these threads on the CS300SX sooner--I hadn't heard of PriceJapan (nor had I heard of step-up & step-down Japan transformers for that matter) until after I had already ordered it from a local audio store. No regrets though--it can only make my audio experience that much more sweeter.
Edited by Clayton SF - 7/24/10 at 12:32pm
The CS300XS looks like something that can last a lifetime.
Contemplating on either the dedicated headamp such as WA6 or the CS300XS. I know the price difference is huge, but I can use the CS300XS to drive my Harbeth C7ES3 as well.
Have anyone compared them on HD800 (within the same setup)?
I have a new HD800 coming this week but do not even have any amp. Long story but I ordered them months ago and forgot about it, till I received a call yesterday.
- Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos)
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 21 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 39 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Noble 6W Wizard Design 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables Gold plated Silver Poison for IEM (FIRST EVER) 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)