Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 9/13/14 at 3:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated tube amps (Leben, Luxman) vs. stand-alone headphone amps Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Headphone Impedance
Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is such an amazing looking amplifier. The green and gold really sets it apart from other pieces of equipment, and makes it look incredibly attractive... that is, if an amp could be considered attractive. One of these days I'll have to try one out. Congrats!
BTW, thanks for the GECs. I'm totally digging these tubes.
Thanks, I think it is a keeper. Glad you are enjoying the GECs They are as good as the 6as7g IMHO. Will be offloading a bunch of other 6as7g type tubes to start tube rolling the Leben if you are interested,
I've been listening to them for almost an hour and I already like them better than my RCA 6AS7G black plates. Keep me informed, and treat your new amp well!
Shoot, I just ordered and got a pair of 5751 to use in my CS300SX which I ordered a month ago (it still has yet to be delivered). Does that mean that the 5751 pair is unusable in the latest version of the Leben CS300SX?
Whew. Thanks Skylab. I got a pair of NOS JAN GE 5751 (1987). Although only 23 years old, I think they may sound great. Don't know yet. I also go a quad of NOS Siemens EL84 (1968/1969). My fingers are crossed on those. I only wish I had come across these threads on the CS300SX sooner--I hadn't heard of PriceJapan (nor had I heard of step-up & step-down Japan transformers for that matter) until after I had already ordered it from a local audio store. No regrets though--it can only make my audio experience that much more sweeter.
Edited by Clayton SF - 7/24/10 at 12:32pm
The CS300XS looks like something that can last a lifetime.
Contemplating on either the dedicated headamp such as WA6 or the CS300XS. I know the price difference is huge, but I can use the CS300XS to drive my Harbeth C7ES3 as well.
Have anyone compared them on HD800 (within the same setup)?
I have a new HD800 coming this week but do not even have any amp. Long story but I ordered them months ago and forgot about it, till I received a call yesterday.
- Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos)
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 1 second ago
- › Chord Hugo 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T70P good choice? (or B&W P7 / KEF M500?) 4 minutes ago
- › Portable Setup <$600 for Grado-Head? 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 11 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)