Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 10/31/13 at 10:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated tube amps (Leben, Luxman) vs. stand-alone headphone amps Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 5/19/11 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
- Headphone Impedance
Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos) - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That is such an amazing looking amplifier. The green and gold really sets it apart from other pieces of equipment, and makes it look incredibly attractive... that is, if an amp could be considered attractive. One of these days I'll have to try one out. Congrats!
BTW, thanks for the GECs. I'm totally digging these tubes.
Thanks, I think it is a keeper. Glad you are enjoying the GECs They are as good as the 6as7g IMHO. Will be offloading a bunch of other 6as7g type tubes to start tube rolling the Leben if you are interested,
I've been listening to them for almost an hour and I already like them better than my RCA 6AS7G black plates. Keep me informed, and treat your new amp well!
Shoot, I just ordered and got a pair of 5751 to use in my CS300SX which I ordered a month ago (it still has yet to be delivered). Does that mean that the 5751 pair is unusable in the latest version of the Leben CS300SX?
Whew. Thanks Skylab. I got a pair of NOS JAN GE 5751 (1987). Although only 23 years old, I think they may sound great. Don't know yet. I also go a quad of NOS Siemens EL84 (1968/1969). My fingers are crossed on those. I only wish I had come across these threads on the CS300SX sooner--I hadn't heard of PriceJapan (nor had I heard of step-up & step-down Japan transformers for that matter) until after I had already ordered it from a local audio store. No regrets though--it can only make my audio experience that much more sweeter.
Edited by Clayton SF - 7/24/10 at 12:32pm
The CS300XS looks like something that can last a lifetime.
Contemplating on either the dedicated headamp such as WA6 or the CS300XS. I know the price difference is huge, but I can use the CS300XS to drive my Harbeth C7ES3 as well.
Have anyone compared them on HD800 (within the same setup)?
I have a new HD800 coming this week but do not even have any amp. Long story but I ordered them months ago and forgot about it, till I received a call yesterday.
- Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new Full Sized headphones 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Why 5+ drivers? Makes no sense to me. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 3 minutes ago
- › Why do you prefer passive speaker/monitors? 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe