It's really hard to quantify - I would say the XS is maybe 10% better? The differences are pretty subtle. Plus I have not been able to try them with the same exact tubes, so I can't really say for sure anyway. The CS300 itself is certainly very, very good.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 4/20/16 at 6:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated tube amps (Leben, Luxman) vs. stand-alone headphone amps Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 1/5/16 at 12:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS600 in DC area -- anyone with LCD2, T1, GS1000, HD800, 702 who wants to listen? Last post on 2/20/15 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
- Headphone Impedance
Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos) - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The Leben arrived safely today via DHL. . Few photos:
It has Sovtek EL84s but a Quad of Sylvania Black plate 6bq5/EL84 in route. Build quality is quite impressive and it has understated good looks. Wife approves but I think because she dislikes the Woo WA2 look (reminds her of Dr Frankenstein's lab)
I did a brief listen to make sure it made the trip intact. Sounds a little brash at top end but again this was just a cursory listen with Sovteks.
I believe that's the most beautiful headphone/speaker amp I've ever seen, what ruins the look a bit are the black switches...
The potentiometers, are they silver in the CS300 version?
Here's an update on my Leben/LCD-2 issue. Apparently, Leben has made some changes on the headphone out. Here is an email I received from my dealer.
"Leben mentioned to me that the latest production runs of the Leben, they have dropped the voltage from 1v to .08 v on the headphone output. This was to reduce any noise levels with very sensitive headphones. If the sensitivity of the headphones is below 80db it may be difficult to obtain proper results, they say."
Not really sure what that means from a current standpoint, but the headphone out on my Leben does not have enough current to drive the LCD-2's effectively.
I've got an email into Matt to see if I can ship my unit back to Leben to maximize the headphone out for the LCD-2.
Another update. To start, I can't say enough about the excellent customer service that Matt Rotunda, owner of Pitch Perfect Audio, provides. He actually ended up sending me his own personal 120v 300X (with stock mullards) to try with my LCD-2. It turns out the 300X is incredible with the LCD-2 (and my other hp's), none of the issues I was having with the XS and the LCD-2. The X is also dead silent with all my headphones, no buzz/hum like I was having with volume turned all the way down with the XS. Matt thinks there may be something wrong with the headphone out of my XS since there was such a dramatic change with the LCD-2 going from the XS to the X, with what in his opinion was a minor design change on the headphone out of the XS. I ended up returning the XS (I assume it will be sent back to Leben to see if there is an issue with the headphone out) and buying the X from him. I couldn't be happier. Icing on the cake is cosmetically I prefer the X more than my replaced XS. The gold, green and wood are all darker on the X. The gold and green don't contrast as much and look great with my gold marantz sacd player. I haven't had time to take the cover off the X, but I assume it has GE 5751driver tubes. I am planning on doing some tube comparisons later on today between the stock mullards and GE 5751's vs amperex bugle boys and sylvania triple mica gold 5751's, but it sounds awesome right now stock.
Glad it worked out for you, though!!!
x2. There something to be said about buying from a reputable dealer. I stripped a screw on my Leben and Matt Rotunda had Leben Hi-Fi Stereo Co. of Japan send me a packet of 14 replacement screws. He didn't charge me for the screws or for shipping them.
Edited by Clayton SF - 3/5/11 at 1:19pm
Glad it worked out for you. I might have to try a 300x. Lan637, I had the same reaction to the black switches. Not only do they look out of place but they feel out of place because they're made of plastic. Real Gold plated metal knobs and plastic switches...Not cool!
Dear Leben users,
As I'm considering this amp, which version (300/300s/300sx/300x - correct me If i put wrong symbols) should I take to be happy with T70, HD650 and Audeze LCD 2?
Will Leben make T70 sound fuller? I do like it already with my OTL but some records need more warm.
- Ordered Leben cs300xs (Arrived with photos)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 13 seconds ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Sonus faber PRYMA - An Italian-Made Beauty 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 3 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse