Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › ARCHIVE: Whiplash Audio Premier Sponsor Forum › Elite TWag OM replacement cable with over molding Pre Order Info
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Elite TWag OM replacement cable with over molding Pre Order Info - Page 2  

post #16 of 312

Craig

I would love the 64" with the protector balanced termination ( I guess my old will be FS soon)

post #17 of 312

Hey Craig,

As per our emails, please put me down for a 48" with a viablue term.  As an afterthought, due to your glowing endorsement, I think I'll take a 48" RSA Protector also.

Thanks!!

shh

post #18 of 312

Hey Craig,

 

Check out my email, id love a second OM cable if i can with a protector plug

 

thanks so much mate

 

Linton

post #19 of 312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LintHart View Post

Hey Craig,

 

Check out my email, id love a second OM cable if i can with a protector plug

 

thanks so much mate

 

Linton

I can terminate my lamp if there is a desire!! So certainly I can terminate with with a Protector connector.

Craig
 

post #20 of 312
Hi Craig, 

I'll order the 48" with RSA Protector Balanced plug. 

Thanks. 
post #21 of 312
Hi Craig, 

1x 48" with RSA Protector Balanced plug, please.

Thanks. 
post #22 of 312

Hi Craig,

 

I love one 48" TWag OM cable with Protector balanced plug.

Thanks.

post #23 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SACD-Man View Post



I can terminate my lamp if there is a desire!! So certainly I can terminate with with a Protector connector.

Craig
 


hmmm but can you terminate your kettle? :P

 

so is that a yes mate for 2 cables (one viablue one protector) like in our first discussions?

 

can i send payment earlier while the exchange rate is holding at a decent rate or is it easier to manage if you bill us later when its ready?

 

thanks mate, get some rest

 

post #24 of 312

Hi

 

Can I get a 48" cable terminated with Viablue 3.5mm. Can I also ask, are these compatible with the Westone UM3X removable cable version?

 

Also, is there any sort of memory sheath for the section of the cable which goes around the ear?


Edited by Kon-Masti - 7/25/10 at 9:54am
post #25 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon-Masti View Post

Hi

 

Can I get a 48" cable terminated with Viablue 3.5mm. Can I also ask, are these compatible with the Westone UM3X removable cable version?

 

Also, is there any sort of memory sheath for the section of the cable which goes around the ear?


There is no memory cable in the overmolded version, nor there is a need for one.  The overmolded (grommit) section will just naturally loop around your ears without any issues.  If you're running or jumping, you may optionally use the choker to further stabilize the cable, but in terms of overall comfort, the new cable beats the old one hands down.

 

The other benefit is that you can easily have the cable run down behind your neck instead of front, such as when bicycling, etc., when the front-hanging cable can get hooked into something.  This was next to impossible to do with the old version due to the memory wire, but now this restriction is gone as well.  You can find more info in my review of this cable (link in my sig block)

post #26 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp08 View Post




There is no memory cable in the overmolded version, nor there is a need for one.  The overmolded (grommit) section will just naturally loop around your ears without any issues.  If you're running or jumping, you may optionally use the choker to further stabilize the cable, but in terms of overall comfort, the new cable beats the old one hands down.

 

The other benefit is that you can easily have the cable run down behind your neck instead of front, such as when bicycling, etc., when the front-hanging cable can get hooked into something.  This was next to impossible to do with the old version due to the memory wire, but now this restriction is gone as well.  You can find more info in my review of this cable (link in my sig block)


Actually, I currently own the UM3X with the fixed cable and I do have a need for the silicone ear guides. In fact, I cannot use the earphones without them because they keep falling off. I could just use the ear guides on the new cable if I buy it, but one of the reasons of buying the UM3X with removable cables was so I could use a new cable with a permanent ear guide as opposed to one which can be removed. My current ear guides have a tendency to come off so I have to readjust or fully reapply them every time I put the earphones on.

 

Thanks for your help.

post #27 of 312

I see.  I have used my JHA customs to test the prototype and I have never owned the UM3X.  If you do not feel comfortable with the molded grommit/choker combination of the new TWag, perhaps you should consider getting one of the old styled ones at the discount price.

 

Before transitioning to customs, I have burned thru a number of universals, including the Westone 3 and about a $150 worth of different tips so I do realize what you're going thru.  At some point you should consider making a move, the comfort of the customs when fully compliant to your ear canal are simply amazing.  If that's your plan, you should go for the new cable, without hesitation.

 

Just my advice, based on my own experience.

post #28 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp08 View Post

I see.  I have used my JHA customs to test the prototype and I have never owned the UM3X.  If you do not feel comfortable with the molded grommit/choker combination of the new TWag, perhaps you should consider getting one of the old styled ones at the discount price.

 

Before transitioning to customs, I have burned thru a number of universals, including the Westone 3 and about a $150 worth of different tips so I do realize what you're going thru.  At some point you should consider making a move, the comfort of the customs when fully compliant to your ear canal are simply amazing.  If that's your plan, you should go for the new cable, without hesitation.

 

Just my advice, based on my own experience.


Thank you. I do indeed foresee myself buying some customs at some point in the future, although I am currently finding it difficult to justify the cost. So, am I right then in thinking that the old cable did have a fixed ear guide?

 

Finally, I still don't even know if these are compatible with the UM3X (both old and new cable).

post #29 of 312
Thread Starter 

Yes they are compatible with the Westone Customs, Ultimate Ears Customs and JH Audio...

 

Guides might work, however the wire is much thicker than the stock wire.

 

Craig

post #30 of 312

Craig,

 

Please put me down for a 48" with Oyaide Right Angle Silver/Rhodium and no wood choker.


Edited by jc9394 - 8/10/10 at 7:00am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums › ARCHIVE: Whiplash Audio Premier Sponsor Forum › Elite TWag OM replacement cable with over molding Pre Order Info