I have the pico slim. I sold my desktop rig because i didnt have much time and the foot print was way too much. Now im in to portable but I find myself not really finding a need to use an amp with my S:FLO and SM3. Should i use the pico with my musiland or should i sell the pico slim and buy a different amp... like a p-51, ibasso Dsomething or other... or what? i bought one of those bravo amps but thats more because it seems fun, i dont expect to big a sound from it though. looking for a small size and can power low imp phones like grados or the beyer t50p. Thanks for any help.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandMusilandtagged by System, 7/16/10
- productMusiland MD10 DAC - Modifiedtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good Amp (and/or DAC) For less than 200 USD? Last post on 9/1/10 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some of the amps you mentioned have no more power output than the Pico Slim, some have more. You should look into that. BTW - the 'original' Pico Amp is twice as powerful as the Slim so it will do better with full size headphones.
thanks justin. i really think your slim is beautiful. truly a great product. i was just wondering if something bigger might be better in this case. thanks for the response. congrats on all the orders
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 25 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › Angie - JH Audio Sirens Series - a review about the music, not the... 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB (AUSTRALIA) 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 11 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Trickle Chargers 13 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2