I have the pico slim. I sold my desktop rig because i didnt have much time and the foot print was way too much. Now im in to portable but I find myself not really finding a need to use an amp with my S:FLO and SM3. Should i use the pico with my musiland or should i sell the pico slim and buy a different amp... like a p-51, ibasso Dsomething or other... or what? i bought one of those bravo amps but thats more because it seems fun, i dont expect to big a sound from it though. looking for a small size and can power low imp phones like grados or the beyer t50p. Thanks for any help.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandMusilandtagged by System, 7/16/10
- productMusiland MD10 DAC - Modifiedtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good Amp (and/or DAC) For less than 200 USD? Last post on 9/1/10 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some of the amps you mentioned have no more power output than the Pico Slim, some have more. You should look into that. BTW - the 'original' Pico Amp is twice as powerful as the Slim so it will do better with full size headphones.
thanks justin. i really think your slim is beautiful. truly a great product. i was just wondering if something bigger might be better in this case. thanks for the response. congrats on all the orders
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 37 seconds ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Copper Litz cables for Etymotic ER-4 custom resistance 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing The Cozoy Astrapi: Hi-Res Lineout audio from your... 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3