I have the pico slim. I sold my desktop rig because i didnt have much time and the foot print was way too much. Now im in to portable but I find myself not really finding a need to use an amp with my S:FLO and SM3. Should i use the pico with my musiland or should i sell the pico slim and buy a different amp... like a p-51, ibasso Dsomething or other... or what? i bought one of those bravo amps but thats more because it seems fun, i dont expect to big a sound from it though. looking for a small size and can power low imp phones like grados or the beyer t50p. Thanks for any help.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandMusilandtagged by System, 7/16/10
- productMusiland MD10 DAC - Modifiedtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good Amp (and/or DAC) For less than 200 USD? Last post on 9/1/10 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some of the amps you mentioned have no more power output than the Pico Slim, some have more. You should look into that. BTW - the 'original' Pico Amp is twice as powerful as the Slim so it will do better with full size headphones.
thanks justin. i really think your slim is beautiful. truly a great product. i was just wondering if something bigger might be better in this case. thanks for the response. congrats on all the orders
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 29 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 59 seconds ago
- › Question about y-splitters 1 minute ago
- › Amazing Gathering ----SOUNDAWARE at GUANG ZHOU AV Fair 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)