I have the pico slim. I sold my desktop rig because i didnt have much time and the foot print was way too much. Now im in to portable but I find myself not really finding a need to use an amp with my S:FLO and SM3. Should i use the pico with my musiland or should i sell the pico slim and buy a different amp... like a p-51, ibasso Dsomething or other... or what? i bought one of those bravo amps but thats more because it seems fun, i dont expect to big a sound from it though. looking for a small size and can power low imp phones like grados or the beyer t50p. Thanks for any help.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandMusilandtagged by System, 7/16/10
- productMusiland MD10 DAC - Modifiedtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good Amp (and/or DAC) For less than 200 USD? Last post on 9/1/10 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some of the amps you mentioned have no more power output than the Pico Slim, some have more. You should look into that. BTW - the 'original' Pico Amp is twice as powerful as the Slim so it will do better with full size headphones.
thanks justin. i really think your slim is beautiful. truly a great product. i was just wondering if something bigger might be better in this case. thanks for the response. congrats on all the orders
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 13 seconds ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 42 seconds ago
- › Ortofon EQ5. Red perfect condition almost new. 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3