I have the pico slim. I sold my desktop rig because i didnt have much time and the foot print was way too much. Now im in to portable but I find myself not really finding a need to use an amp with my S:FLO and SM3. Should i use the pico with my musiland or should i sell the pico slim and buy a different amp... like a p-51, ibasso Dsomething or other... or what? i bought one of those bravo amps but thats more because it seems fun, i dont expect to big a sound from it though. looking for a small size and can power low imp phones like grados or the beyer t50p. Thanks for any help.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/16/10
- brandMusilandtagged by System, 7/16/10
- productMusiland MD10 DAC - Modifiedtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good Amp (and/or DAC) For less than 200 USD? Last post on 9/1/10 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some of the amps you mentioned have no more power output than the Pico Slim, some have more. You should look into that. BTW - the 'original' Pico Amp is twice as powerful as the Slim so it will do better with full size headphones.
thanks justin. i really think your slim is beautiful. truly a great product. i was just wondering if something bigger might be better in this case. thanks for the response. congrats on all the orders
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp?
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 1 minute ago
- › Best $300 Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo2 AKA "You're Dead To Me, Tyll" 4 minutes ago
- › New Onkyo ES-FC300 / HF300? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 7 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)