Sup head-fi members.
I'm brand new here as you can see this is my first post.
I've read through a few threads and i still have a lot of mixed feelings about the headphones i want to buy.
I was at the airport the other day and there were beats for sale, i plugged in my ipod to the studio beats (the full size ones) and was extremely impressed by the bass, noise cancelling, and comfort.
I became interested in getting a pair but i decided to do some research online and i was getting a lot of good reviews on them until i came across this website.u guys for
I am now concerned about getting them because every post with anything about them is basically 100% no to them.
So I'm asking you guys for help, I really want a nice pair of headphones because i want to enjoy my music to the fullest.
Here are some guidelines and restrictions to what i want to get.
1. BASS, I love bass, the headphones i get have to have AMAZING bass, i listen to LOTS of techno, dubstep, deathcore (stuff with double bass drums) DnB etc.. mostly music that emphasizes bass, so if the bass isnt good then forget them.
2. I really don't want to have to use an amp, I read that most portable amps aren't very good and i do a lot of my listening in the car, at school, walking, and working out etc.. so unless somebody can suggest a good portable amp... so if the headphones require an amp to be good then forget them too.
3. price really isnt much of a problem, but try to keep it to about $350 or less, if im paying for quality and they really give the right quality to cost ratio then im fine with it.
4. style, style isn't the biggest issue, but since i am wearing these a lot in public and I do like to look nice, you know i dont want some giant boring grey headphones, thats not for me, i like things that stand out.
5. comfort is a pretty big one, i normally listen to music for long periods of time so they gotta stay comfortable over 3 hours etc.. also i like to fall asleep to music, so headphones that are good for sleeping in are a plus also.
TLDR: AKA I dont want to read long blocks of text... Help me find a good headphone for $350 or less, has to have amazing bass and comfort. Preferably no amp required. style is kind of important but isnt required, i dont like grey or solid colors...
lemme know if you have any concerns with my requirements.