Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Headphone Impedance
La Figaro 339 - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
What do you find different with the Violectric vs the 339?
Violectric vs 339? That's not really fair now is it? :)
The 339 is an OTL amp originally designed for high impedance headphones while the V200 has a lot more power and can be used by low impedance headphones, Orthos and high impedance cans. Of course with some 5998 power tubes the 339 also drives the ortho's (maybe not the HE-6) The 339 is still my fav with the He-500 & HD650.
The V200 is a warmer sounding ss amp, but not as warm as the 339, the 339 is much smoother. Treble on the V200 is better, more detailed and bass on the V200 is more punchy and defined while it has more rumble and timbre on the 339 (why I prefer the He-500 on the 339)
In general the 339 is smoother, warmer aka more tube-like as the more detailed and powerful V200. With the LCD-2 it depends on the kind of music what amp I choose. The Crack only gets used for the HD650
- La Figaro 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2