Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 9/1/15 at 10:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
La Figaro 339 - Page 152
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2267 of 37135/2/14 at 2:39ampost #2268 of 37135/2/14 at 4:32pmpost #2269 of 37135/5/14 at 11:29ampost #2270 of 37135/5/14 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xenophon
This looks really good. I wonder: would it be possible to list the specs and the components? Also, is it possible to order a custom job with super high grade components or extra features? I'm thinking of the 'Rosenkavalier' of old. A good, english language website with customisation options and details would be nice. Given the quality of your products I'm certain that there's more market potential but many people are hesitant. Hell, some competitors in Europe sell at 2-3 times your price and are definitely not on the same level.
I'm not trying to speak for them or anything, but I've had discussions with them about custom builds and it sounds like they will do them. Given their capabilities, it's surprising to me they don't try to expand their business by offering more products on their website. For example, one special build they did was the platform 9 3/4:
(see post #101)post #2271 of 37135/5/14 at 10:19pm
2 birds with one stone:
@toopoor: thanks for the 5998 tip, I ordered a pair using their archaic process, also a pair of 7236...let's hope it went through.
@MJS242 : I don't understand why they don't expand either. Communication problems? The build wall-e did looks incredible and given the components it must sound the same. But I'd rather order one set up like that than demolish one and start soldering. But thanks for the link, positively drooling over it.post #2272 of 37135/6/14 at 12:19ampost #2273 of 37135/6/14 at 2:32ampost #2274 of 37135/6/14 at 8:52am
Ugh... my 339 was sent back because it didn't pass 'airport security'. Anyone else experience anything similar? I assume yuking is dealing with it and is somewhat out of his control, just getting anxious as I've already started ordering tubes and new cables!post #2275 of 37135/6/14 at 9:40ampost #2276 of 37135/6/14 at 9:59ampost #2277 of 37135/6/14 at 11:12am
Nooooo......what did they think it was, a bloody bomb or so? Was this sent back before shipping in China or upon arrival in the US? I know that US Customs can issue 'do not ship' orders for items that are to be imported but they deem to constitute a risk. Shipping back for security reasons once it's already arrived in the US seems to defeat the purpose, imo.
Hope it gets sorted out, international shipping is always a bloody hassle....hope it'll go smoother with the tube order I've got going (they sent me a paypal payment request, just paid it).
@Ultra: I'm really considering a super premium 339 build provided I can convince myself that it's a clear upgrade over the 337 I own now and which is doing a very nice job, btw. And provided of course that Yuking's interested in building the unit. Will keep you posted.post #2278 of 37135/6/14 at 11:14ampost #2279 of 37135/6/14 at 11:44am
Maybe its better to sent the 337 to a good european (UK has some) tube specialist and upgrade everything thats not upgraded yet in the 337, am sure u could spend at least more then 1500usd to upgrade the 337 xenophon has to something uniquely
And to be honest..if i would buy a 339 i for sure would ask for a non-screaming, non-numbered top...its to flashy for my taste..i love black on black..as pure as possible...and the 337/339 are one of the classiest designs i know off..simple and efficient design, Just a yuking once used... But The front i like! Imho ofcourse
Or xenophon could go the custommade glenn tube amp way (as u did ultra) Am sure if u have the budget thats the way to go if u wanna keep tubespost #2280 of 37135/6/14 at 12:09pmQuote:
!!!! UGH !!!!
I HATE CUSTOMS!!! I have had so many miss-haps with them, international / domestic... I can't tell who the crooks are. There is no accountability on either side. Empty boxes one shipment, missing items in another... TWO strikes. Just a bunch of crooks. Third and final strike was my DV337 which they just threw back into the box and made no effort to re-pack it securely at all. Busted power switches, crushed tube cage, scratches all over the case. For my own protection I have a blanket policy... NO international sales/trades. Which really stinks with so many great products available abroad, and so many great forum members around the world. My two best amps are only available overseas... the 337 and an Earmax.
Luckily DV used an off the shelf automotive color which I was able to source locally. It took me a while but I got it all back together.
Edited by kramer5150 - 5/6/14 at 12:12pm
- La Figaro 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 20 seconds ago
- › Are the hd650 worth it over the hd 600? 31 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 59 seconds ago
- › AKG K500 new earpads 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 4 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 6 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear