Yup, ideally the transformer should have a load on it...otherwise it can act like an ignition coil, but I don't think it would ignite at headphone voltages...nevertheless the recommendations are to have a load connected when on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 9/1/15 at 10:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
La Figaro 339 - Page 145post #2161 of 37133/6/14 at 11:51am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2162 of 37133/7/14 at 4:48pmpost #2163 of 37133/7/14 at 5:50pmpost #2164 of 37133/8/14 at 9:27ampost #2165 of 37133/8/14 at 5:12pmpost #2166 of 37133/9/14 at 7:19pmpost #2167 of 37133/10/14 at 12:36ampost #2168 of 37133/10/14 at 12:50ampost #2169 of 37133/10/14 at 1:31amSomething funny and a bit of a gamble: i just scored a pair o nosf 6as7g tubes under the 'Haltron' label. The site did not show a picture so I mailed them to ask for a description of the tube. They described it as having the inscription 'Haltron, 6as7g/ sa, 1834', made in England and with a curved brown plastic base. Sounds a lot like a relabeled gec. Don't know if that can be but if yes I struck a great deal at 35 EUR for the pair. Or my greed got the better of me and I'll end up with 2 duds. Anyone have these?post #2170 of 37133/10/14 at 1:53ampost #2171 of 37133/10/14 at 2:35amNo, actually it's from a guy on ebay who sdlls mostly old junk. I know what you're thinking but bear with me: a couple of months ago he offered a huge lot of ts 5998 on sale, with the specific mention that sold was sold, no warranty and he did not want feedback. Those tubes had pics and looked good so I chanced it at about 50 eur a pair. Frankly, I thought they would probably not be working and I was the only fool to have bid on them. Well, they arrived, nos 5998, no fakes, terrific sound and in my 337 now. I mailed him stating that I was very happy and would love to gice positive feedback but he refused, explained he had purchaseda gigantic lot of all kinds of tubes from a french army depot that closed down but didn't know about them (his actual area is militaria) and had no means of testing them, hence the 'sold as is' condition. By the time I received the tubes the rest of the ts had sold out, could have kicked myself for not having purchased more of them.
So, touch wood, I hope this one pans out as well. Before anyone asks, he only had one pair of the Haltrons. Will post pics when they arrive.post #2172 of 37133/10/14 at 2:40ampost #2173 of 37133/10/14 at 2:59amNope, direct sale, I sent him a mail last time with a list of brands and types of 6as7, 6088, 6sj7....asked him to contact me if he was selling more as he offers them as he cleans his inventory and he came through on the haltrons and on a pair of thompson. Purchased those too but at 7 eur per tube, no idea how they will sound. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, we'll see when I get them.post #2174 of 37133/10/14 at 3:18am
- La Figaro 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Currently, there are 3894 Active Users (774 Members and 3120 Guests)
- › Massdrop x AKG K7XX Red Edition 38 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics ES3 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Apogee ONE for iOS iPhone/iPad & Mac Portable Headphone Amp /DAC ... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 IEM (Mint) 3 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear