Yup, ideally the transformer should have a load on it...otherwise it can act like an ignition coil, but I don't think it would ignite at headphone voltages...nevertheless the recommendations are to have a load connected when on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 9/1/15 at 10:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
La Figaro 339 - Page 145post #2161 of 37133/6/14 at 11:51am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2162 of 37133/7/14 at 4:48pmpost #2163 of 37133/7/14 at 5:50pmpost #2164 of 37133/8/14 at 9:27ampost #2165 of 37133/8/14 at 5:12pmpost #2166 of 37133/9/14 at 7:19pmpost #2167 of 37133/10/14 at 12:36ampost #2168 of 37133/10/14 at 12:50ampost #2169 of 37133/10/14 at 1:31amSomething funny and a bit of a gamble: i just scored a pair o nosf 6as7g tubes under the 'Haltron' label. The site did not show a picture so I mailed them to ask for a description of the tube. They described it as having the inscription 'Haltron, 6as7g/ sa, 1834', made in England and with a curved brown plastic base. Sounds a lot like a relabeled gec. Don't know if that can be but if yes I struck a great deal at 35 EUR for the pair. Or my greed got the better of me and I'll end up with 2 duds. Anyone have these?post #2170 of 37133/10/14 at 1:53ampost #2171 of 37133/10/14 at 2:35amNo, actually it's from a guy on ebay who sdlls mostly old junk. I know what you're thinking but bear with me: a couple of months ago he offered a huge lot of ts 5998 on sale, with the specific mention that sold was sold, no warranty and he did not want feedback. Those tubes had pics and looked good so I chanced it at about 50 eur a pair. Frankly, I thought they would probably not be working and I was the only fool to have bid on them. Well, they arrived, nos 5998, no fakes, terrific sound and in my 337 now. I mailed him stating that I was very happy and would love to gice positive feedback but he refused, explained he had purchaseda gigantic lot of all kinds of tubes from a french army depot that closed down but didn't know about them (his actual area is militaria) and had no means of testing them, hence the 'sold as is' condition. By the time I received the tubes the rest of the ts had sold out, could have kicked myself for not having purchased more of them.
So, touch wood, I hope this one pans out as well. Before anyone asks, he only had one pair of the Haltrons. Will post pics when they arrive.post #2172 of 37133/10/14 at 2:40ampost #2173 of 37133/10/14 at 2:59amNope, direct sale, I sent him a mail last time with a list of brands and types of 6as7, 6088, 6sj7....asked him to contact me if he was selling more as he offers them as he cleans his inventory and he came through on the haltrons and on a pair of thompson. Purchased those too but at 7 eur per tube, no idea how they will sound. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, we'll see when I get them.post #2174 of 37133/10/14 at 3:18am
- La Figaro 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Currently, there are 3359 Active Users (709 Members and 2650 Guests)
- › My haphazard journey into turning a Sennheiser HD 800 into a HD... 24 seconds ago
- › Cinder's Hearth - Reviews and Impressions Catalogue 31 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 33 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 43 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 44 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear