- 188 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
- Headphone Impedance
La Figaro 339 - Page 113
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
highly possible... if that screw is supposed to form a ground somewhere at the front of the amp.
Damn they have stocks for TS / Chatham 5998. Any difference between this? TS is better? No adaptor required?
Yep he is right..it helped me a lot..
Didn't know it existed. I'd go and take a look.
I have quite a bit of 6sn7, can I use this via an adaptor?
6SN7 is a double triode, you cannot use it effectively in the driver stage here. It's used in completely different typologies than that of the 339, which is imput triode (pentode strapped) and double triode power stage.
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 3:46am
could the cause be 2 screws that won't tighten ? I took one of the other allen screws placed them in the hole where the 2 other screws don't tigthen up and it fits perfectly... should I just get 2 similar screws and that would fix my problem ?
Maybe itsbetter to ask whereto get any..as they are getting rare as hell.. And in so the price will skyrocket.. Like the a1834 brown based..prices are outrageous! The 5998's are going up also..soon u pay premium prices fr those as well..
Geez, .... sold much of them about 3 years ago, for 90 dollars a pair. Didn't know they are so rare now. The price of 5998 and the brown based GEC 6as7 are ridiculous now. Used to sell them for 100 a pair.
Thanks so much for the image of you latest DK339 mod!
So it looks like you use twisted wire for the heater supply, I guess it could only be good thing regarding noise interférences. Did you had noise issue cured that way?
It's not that clear on the photo, did you solder directly to the battery end? I would have thought them to be rather hard to solder because of the metal mass...
You don't happen to have Frequency response ARTA graph of auto or fixed/battery bias comparaison?
If you fix cathode bias the 6J5 at 1.82V while the bias runs about 2.2V in auto, I would guess you a running less current on the plate is it right? That way it is safer for the tubes.
I wanna try the NiCd 2.4V bias and if it's only 10% more than that auto bias, I'll be happy to run the bias little on the hot side as I like to do in my guitar amp!
Anyway thanks again for taking time and upload a picture, you are a gentleman!
Best to you!
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 1:05pm
But I did pay twice the price for RCA 6AS7G n Red 5693 thanks to customs.
So you win some and lose some...
Hey lucky basterd! I hate u! Tell me..where did u find the ts mesh plates?
- La Figaro 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › I'm a Yank, ask me anything! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 8 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3