- 188 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
- Headphone Impedance
La Figaro 339 - Page 113
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
highly possible... if that screw is supposed to form a ground somewhere at the front of the amp.
Damn they have stocks for TS / Chatham 5998. Any difference between this? TS is better? No adaptor required?
Yep he is right..it helped me a lot..
Didn't know it existed. I'd go and take a look.
I have quite a bit of 6sn7, can I use this via an adaptor?
6SN7 is a double triode, you cannot use it effectively in the driver stage here. It's used in completely different typologies than that of the 339, which is imput triode (pentode strapped) and double triode power stage.
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 3:46am
could the cause be 2 screws that won't tighten ? I took one of the other allen screws placed them in the hole where the 2 other screws don't tigthen up and it fits perfectly... should I just get 2 similar screws and that would fix my problem ?
Maybe itsbetter to ask whereto get any..as they are getting rare as hell.. And in so the price will skyrocket.. Like the a1834 brown based..prices are outrageous! The 5998's are going up also..soon u pay premium prices fr those as well..
Geez, .... sold much of them about 3 years ago, for 90 dollars a pair. Didn't know they are so rare now. The price of 5998 and the brown based GEC 6as7 are ridiculous now. Used to sell them for 100 a pair.
Thanks so much for the image of you latest DK339 mod!
So it looks like you use twisted wire for the heater supply, I guess it could only be good thing regarding noise interférences. Did you had noise issue cured that way?
It's not that clear on the photo, did you solder directly to the battery end? I would have thought them to be rather hard to solder because of the metal mass...
You don't happen to have Frequency response ARTA graph of auto or fixed/battery bias comparaison?
If you fix cathode bias the 6J5 at 1.82V while the bias runs about 2.2V in auto, I would guess you a running less current on the plate is it right? That way it is safer for the tubes.
I wanna try the NiCd 2.4V bias and if it's only 10% more than that auto bias, I'll be happy to run the bias little on the hot side as I like to do in my guitar amp!
Anyway thanks again for taking time and upload a picture, you are a gentleman!
Best to you!
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 1:05pm
But I did pay twice the price for RCA 6AS7G n Red 5693 thanks to customs.
So you win some and lose some...
Hey lucky basterd! I hate u! Tell me..where did u find the ts mesh plates?
- La Figaro 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Available Now: The Element by JDS Labs 2 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 3 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3+ announced. 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 6 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)