Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
- Headphone Impedance
Dark Voice 339 - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
What do you find different with the Violectric vs the 339?
Violectric vs 339? That's not really fair now is it? :)
The 339 is an OTL amp originally designed for high impedance headphones while the V200 has a lot more power and can be used by low impedance headphones, Orthos and high impedance cans. Of course with some 5998 power tubes the 339 also drives the ortho's (maybe not the HE-6) The 339 is still my fav with the He-500 & HD650.
The V200 is a warmer sounding ss amp, but not as warm as the 339, the 339 is much smoother. Treble on the V200 is better, more detailed and bass on the V200 is more punchy and defined while it has more rumble and timbre on the 339 (why I prefer the He-500 on the 339)
In general the 339 is smoother, warmer aka more tube-like as the more detailed and powerful V200. With the LCD-2 it depends on the kind of music what amp I choose. The Crack only gets used for the HD650
- Dark Voice 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 29 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 - Australia 39 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 43 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 44 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3