Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
- Headphone Impedance
Dark Voice 339 - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
What do you find different with the Violectric vs the 339?
Violectric vs 339? That's not really fair now is it? :)
The 339 is an OTL amp originally designed for high impedance headphones while the V200 has a lot more power and can be used by low impedance headphones, Orthos and high impedance cans. Of course with some 5998 power tubes the 339 also drives the ortho's (maybe not the HE-6) The 339 is still my fav with the He-500 & HD650.
The V200 is a warmer sounding ss amp, but not as warm as the 339, the 339 is much smoother. Treble on the V200 is better, more detailed and bass on the V200 is more punchy and defined while it has more rumble and timbre on the 339 (why I prefer the He-500 on the 339)
In general the 339 is smoother, warmer aka more tube-like as the more detailed and powerful V200. With the LCD-2 it depends on the kind of music what amp I choose. The Crack only gets used for the HD650
- Dark Voice 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Little Dot 1+ help 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 32 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Roxanne/Astell & Kern ARK03 33 seconds ago
- › Burson Soloist 50 seconds ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2