- 179 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Headphone Impedance
Dark Voice 339 - Page 113
Gear mentioned in this thread:
highly possible... if that screw is supposed to form a ground somewhere at the front of the amp.
Damn they have stocks for TS / Chatham 5998. Any difference between this? TS is better? No adaptor required?
Didn't know it existed. I'd go and take a look.
I have quite a bit of 6sn7, can I use this via an adaptor?
6SN7 is a double triode, you cannot use it effectively in the driver stage here. It's used in completely different typologies than that of the 339, which is imput triode (pentode strapped) and double triode power stage.
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 3:46am
could the cause be 2 screws that won't tighten ? I took one of the other allen screws placed them in the hole where the 2 other screws don't tigthen up and it fits perfectly... should I just get 2 similar screws and that would fix my problem ?
Maybe itsbetter to ask whereto get any..as they are getting rare as hell.. And in so the price will skyrocket.. Like the a1834 brown based..prices are outrageous! The 5998's are going up also..soon u pay premium prices fr those as well..
Geez, .... sold much of them about 3 years ago, for 90 dollars a pair. Didn't know they are so rare now. The price of 5998 and the brown based GEC 6as7 are ridiculous now. Used to sell them for 100 a pair.
Thanks so much for the image of you latest DK339 mod!
So it looks like you use twisted wire for the heater supply, I guess it could only be good thing regarding noise interférences. Did you had noise issue cured that way?
It's not that clear on the photo, did you solder directly to the battery end? I would have thought them to be rather hard to solder because of the metal mass...
You don't happen to have Frequency response ARTA graph of auto or fixed/battery bias comparaison?
If you fix cathode bias the 6J5 at 1.82V while the bias runs about 2.2V in auto, I would guess you a running less current on the plate is it right? That way it is safer for the tubes.
I wanna try the NiCd 2.4V bias and if it's only 10% more than that auto bias, I'll be happy to run the bias little on the hot side as I like to do in my guitar amp!
Anyway thanks again for taking time and upload a picture, you are a gentleman!
Best to you!
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 1:05pm
But I did pay twice the price for RCA 6AS7G n Red 5693 thanks to customs.
So you win some and lose some...
Hey lucky basterd! I hate u! Tell me..where did u find the ts mesh plates?
- Dark Voice 339
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › KEF LS50 w/ Rotel RA-11 --- matching sub recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Backpack-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 6 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)