- 180 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
- Headphone Impedance
Dark Voice 339 - Page 113
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
highly possible... if that screw is supposed to form a ground somewhere at the front of the amp.
Damn they have stocks for TS / Chatham 5998. Any difference between this? TS is better? No adaptor required?
Didn't know it existed. I'd go and take a look.
I have quite a bit of 6sn7, can I use this via an adaptor?
6SN7 is a double triode, you cannot use it effectively in the driver stage here. It's used in completely different typologies than that of the 339, which is imput triode (pentode strapped) and double triode power stage.
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 3:46am
could the cause be 2 screws that won't tighten ? I took one of the other allen screws placed them in the hole where the 2 other screws don't tigthen up and it fits perfectly... should I just get 2 similar screws and that would fix my problem ?
Maybe itsbetter to ask whereto get any..as they are getting rare as hell.. And in so the price will skyrocket.. Like the a1834 brown based..prices are outrageous! The 5998's are going up also..soon u pay premium prices fr those as well..
Geez, .... sold much of them about 3 years ago, for 90 dollars a pair. Didn't know they are so rare now. The price of 5998 and the brown based GEC 6as7 are ridiculous now. Used to sell them for 100 a pair.
Thanks so much for the image of you latest DK339 mod!
So it looks like you use twisted wire for the heater supply, I guess it could only be good thing regarding noise interférences. Did you had noise issue cured that way?
It's not that clear on the photo, did you solder directly to the battery end? I would have thought them to be rather hard to solder because of the metal mass...
You don't happen to have Frequency response ARTA graph of auto or fixed/battery bias comparaison?
If you fix cathode bias the 6J5 at 1.82V while the bias runs about 2.2V in auto, I would guess you a running less current on the plate is it right? That way it is safer for the tubes.
I wanna try the NiCd 2.4V bias and if it's only 10% more than that auto bias, I'll be happy to run the bias little on the hot side as I like to do in my guitar amp!
Anyway thanks again for taking time and upload a picture, you are a gentleman!
Best to you!
Edited by telecaster - 3/22/13 at 1:05pm
But I did pay twice the price for RCA 6AS7G n Red 5693 thanks to customs.
So you win some and lose some...
Hey lucky basterd! I hate u! Tell me..where did u find the ts mesh plates?
- Dark Voice 339
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Bicycle-Fi! 51 seconds ago
- › etymotic er4 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best bassy IEM's for Hardstyle? 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)