- 33 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Ukraine, Cherkassy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Will I blow my amp up ? Last post on 5/24/12 at 4:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can I do anything about this problem ? Last post on 6/17/11 at 1:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice voltage error??? Last post on 3/1/11 at 12:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Headphone Impedance
Dark Voice 339 - Page 77
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are no actual "Spare" tubes...Just the next ones up in the queue!
339 is going strong here, and tube magic is still there, listenning sessions after listenning sessions, just every fudging time I hit the play button with some nice lil ol' music in the queue!
HD650 are wonderful with the 339, but I can't say the same for the HD800.
Anyone find a tube combo with the LF339 that sounds good with the HD800?
Ever tried Tungsol 6SJ7GT with RCA 6AS7G? First is smooth with good bass and the big tube is big bass so that should be good with HD800 I guess only never had the HD800 with my 339.
I'm LF339 owner since end of september - and I can't apprecite it enough! I started with HD650 headphones and recently upgraded to LCD's 2 ... awww I love this combo so much! :) I'm listening mostly to 7236 driver tubes with red RCA's 5693. Wondering If I could get even better sound with 5998 tubes?
In terms in linearity 7236/5693 have very low distortion level with high impedance load I mesured (the best I've ever seen), the combo sound smoother at the top and puncher in the bottom end, but with low impedance cans the 5998 will performs slightly better, the 7236 have a bit less MU (4.8 / transconductance 12500) compared to 5998 (MU 5.5 / transconductance 14000), higher mu will lower the output impedance and be better able to handle the nonlinearities, distortions with low impedance loads.
- Dark Voice 339
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Chris Himself cable cuts out when 3.5mm plug is rotated 52 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO Headphones. 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)