Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Internal parts differences between Ultimate Ears 10 Pro and TripleFi 10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Internal parts differences between Ultimate Ears 10 Pro and TripleFi 10?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I am curious what if any internal/ technical parts differences exist between the Ultimate Ears 10 Pro and TripleFi 10? Can anyone give me information that confirms that they are/ are not different in terms of internal parts? 

 

 

 

post #2 of 12

It is a name change, not an internal part's change. The only difference between the old TF10 and the new TF10 is on the cable (the old cable has a lot more memory effect).

post #3 of 12

I think the OP meant the difference between UE 10 Pro customs and Triple.fi to which I have no answer, sorry.

post #4 of 12

Ask UE.

post #5 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

I think the OP meant the difference between UE 10 Pro customs and Triple.fi to which I have no answer, sorry.

Ah, in that case, the answer is: UE10 Pro and TF10 share the same treble unit, that custom built 'UEHI' balanced armature unit (by Knowles, I believe). The dual receiver mid+ bass units are not the same though. UE10Pro uses Knowles 2955 while TF10 uses custom build 'UEXXX' (also by Knowles, I believe). The crossover circuits are not the same as well.
 

post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Quote:

Ah, in that case, the answer is: UE10 Pro and TF10 share the same treble unit, that custom built 'UEHI' balanced armature unit (by Knowles, I believe). The dual receiver mid+ bass units are not the same though. UE10Pro uses Knowles 2955 while TF10 uses custom build 'UEXXX' (also by Knowles, I believe). The crossover circuits are not the same as well.
 


Is the TF10's midrange slightly recessed?

post #7 of 12

also, I believe the triple.fi is a 2 way configuration, while the UE10 is three way. I may be wrong though. 

post #8 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post
Is the TF10's midrange slightly recessed?

Yes, TF10 is known to have a more V-shaped frequency response.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleewach View Post

also, I believe the triple.fi is a 2 way configuration, while the UE10 is three way. I may be wrong though. 

No, both are two ways, just that the description on UE website is a bit misleading. UE11 is the first IEM with 3-ways crossover, Westone 3 is the first universal to be 3-ways.

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Quote:

Yes, TF10 is known to have a more V-shaped frequency response.


The UE10 Pro doesn't.

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 

ClieOS thank you for your responses. 

 

post #11 of 12

Thanks for the information!  But, anyone can tell me how to find which one you get?  Is there any visual differences on the Pro? (if not looking at the box)

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy p View Post

Thanks for the information!  But, anyone can tell me how to find which one you get?  Is there any visual differences on the Pro? (if not looking at the box)


TF10 (Triple.fi 10) and TF10 Pro is the same thing. You might want to read the whole thread again. UE10 is not TF10, it is a custom IEM that has been discontinued last year.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Internal parts differences between Ultimate Ears 10 Pro and TripleFi 10?