I use my in-ear monitors to listen to my iphon as well as when playing the drums. I listen to Gospel, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Rock, R&B, & Funk. What would give me the best biggest neutral sound for these gendre of music. An option for whatever price and another for $100 and under.
- productDIY Mini3tagged by System, 7/15/10
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/15/10
- productIbasso d4 Mambatagged by System, 7/15/10
- productIbasso T3Dtagged by System, 7/15/10
- productNuForce Icon Mobile headphone amplifier and USB DAC (black color)tagged by System, 7/15/10
- productNuForce Icon Mobile headphone amplifier and USB DAC (blue color)tagged by System, 7/15/10
- productNuForce Icon Mobile headphone amplifier and USB DAC (red color)tagged by System, 7/15/10
- productNuForce Icon Mobile headphone amplifier and USB DAC (silver color)tagged by System, 7/15/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/14/10
- productRay Samuels P-51 Mustangtagged by System, 7/15/10More
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E7 vs Nuforce Icon Mobile Last post on 10/26/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- NuForce icon mobile or iBasso T3? Last post on 6/19/10 at 3:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Newbie looking for feedback! Last post on 2/11/10 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Promising new portable headphone amp (Mobile Icon) from NuForce Last post on 5/25/10 at 2:03pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for portable amp for Imod Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
What is the best portable amp for UE 11 Pro!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm about to write a full review of Todd the Vinyl Junky's Portable (slim). I use it with UE 11Pros and the pair is amazing!!!!!!
It tames the UEs so that the sound is full but neutral, not boomy. Mids are delicious and there is serious thump as well.
I can't imagine a better pairing.
If you want to go cheaper, you can try the Total Bithead or Airhead. Boomier for sure, needs to be run louder, harsh midtones (especially voices) but you can get some serious slam out of it. Be careful with the volume control or you'll blow your head off with this pair -- the volume knob is easy to turn accidentally and there is very little precision with it. It's a starter amp, no doubt about it.
- What is the best portable amp for UE 11 Pro!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: New Rhapsodio Westone 6-core Mono Crystal Copper IEM cable... 14 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 31 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 3 minutes ago
- › looking for home-use headphones 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)