They sound great in most aspects, especially with electronic music but whenever someone starts speaking (it's usually a bit less noticable with singing) the "S" sound is so shrill and over pronounced that it literally hurts my ears. I've never heard anyone else complain about this so I'm wondering if it's just me who's noticed this.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEMS $50 Last post on 8/22/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElec M6 & M9: Chameleons of Portable Phones Last post on 7/22/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best flanges for M6 Last post on 2/11/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M11+ vs M6 Last post on 12/16/10 at 8:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup I have a sibiliance issue with them. I've EQ'd them so they sound the way I want them to but I still haven't been able to get rid of the sibilance. Oh well it doesn't bother me that much when I'm busy mowing the lawn and not paying attention to music.
I only heard sibilance with the stock triple flange tips but it was pretty clear that they didn't give me a good fit. With Sony Hybrids or foam tips the sibilance is negligible for me (and my M6s have hundreds of hours on them). If it's really that bad you can definitely use your eq to make a cut around 6k.
I heard they sound quite a bit better with Sony Hybrids but I don't have any so I can't test this.
I also focus mainly on EQ for these because I stick w/ the Tri flanges many don't like. I find the Tri flanges just give me the most secure fit for being active.
It was a million percent improvement, in my experience. The Hybrids are like upgrading it to a whole new level for 8 bucks. Far as I'm concerned they're mandatory, and without them you haven't heard the M6. (I don't doubt there are other good replacement tips also).
I prefer using the M6s (along with just about every other IEM in my collection) with Sony Hybrids and they sound quite good with these tips. Sibilance is pretty much a non-issue with hybrid tips in my experience.
They're softer than most silicone tips, have a firmer but flexible inner tube that will latch on to just about anything and do indeed have a small nozzle size which seems to attenuate some treble peaks as well as enhancing the low end ever so slightly.
- Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What if the audio critic is completely right? What would you own? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 13 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 14 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)