They sound great in most aspects, especially with electronic music but whenever someone starts speaking (it's usually a bit less noticable with singing) the "S" sound is so shrill and over pronounced that it literally hurts my ears. I've never heard anyone else complain about this so I'm wondering if it's just me who's noticed this.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEMS $50 Last post on 8/22/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElec M6 & M9: Chameleons of Portable Phones Last post on 7/22/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best flanges for M6 Last post on 2/11/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M11+ vs M6 Last post on 12/16/10 at 8:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Every now and then I get a pleasant surprise in the form of an email inquiring about my interest in reviewing a product. And this was most certainly the case with Unique Innovation...
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?post #1 of 197/13/10 at 12:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 197/13/10 at 12:41pm
Yup I have a sibiliance issue with them. I've EQ'd them so they sound the way I want them to but I still haven't been able to get rid of the sibilance. Oh well it doesn't bother me that much when I'm busy mowing the lawn and not paying attention to music.post #3 of 197/13/10 at 1:34pmpost #4 of 197/13/10 at 4:37pm
I only heard sibilance with the stock triple flange tips but it was pretty clear that they didn't give me a good fit. With Sony Hybrids or foam tips the sibilance is negligible for me (and my M6s have hundreds of hours on them). If it's really that bad you can definitely use your eq to make a cut around 6k.post #5 of 197/14/10 at 4:29ampost #6 of 197/14/10 at 5:05ampost #7 of 197/15/10 at 6:38pmpost #8 of 197/15/10 at 9:35pmpost #9 of 197/16/10 at 12:58pmThread StarterQuote:
I heard they sound quite a bit better with Sony Hybrids but I don't have any so I can't test this.post #10 of 197/16/10 at 1:02pmQuote:
I also focus mainly on EQ for these because I stick w/ the Tri flanges many don't like. I find the Tri flanges just give me the most secure fit for being active.post #11 of 197/16/10 at 2:17pmQuote:
It was a million percent improvement, in my experience. The Hybrids are like upgrading it to a whole new level for 8 bucks. Far as I'm concerned they're mandatory, and without them you haven't heard the M6. (I don't doubt there are other good replacement tips also).post #12 of 197/16/10 at 4:24pm
I prefer using the M6s (along with just about every other IEM in my collection) with Sony Hybrids and they sound quite good with these tips. Sibilance is pretty much a non-issue with hybrid tips in my experience.post #13 of 197/16/10 at 5:33pmpost #14 of 197/16/10 at 6:01pmQuote:
They're softer than most silicone tips, have a firmer but flexible inner tube that will latch on to just about anything and do indeed have a small nozzle size which seems to attenuate some treble peaks as well as enhancing the low end ever so slightly.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Budget ~600€: studiomonitors vs headphones 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD 700 4 minutes ago
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear