They sound great in most aspects, especially with electronic music but whenever someone starts speaking (it's usually a bit less noticable with singing) the "S" sound is so shrill and over pronounced that it literally hurts my ears. I've never heard anyone else complain about this so I'm wondering if it's just me who's noticed this.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEMS $50 Last post on 8/22/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElec M6 & M9: Chameleons of Portable Phones Last post on 7/22/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best flanges for M6 Last post on 2/11/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M11+ vs M6 Last post on 12/16/10 at 8:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup I have a sibiliance issue with them. I've EQ'd them so they sound the way I want them to but I still haven't been able to get rid of the sibilance. Oh well it doesn't bother me that much when I'm busy mowing the lawn and not paying attention to music.
I only heard sibilance with the stock triple flange tips but it was pretty clear that they didn't give me a good fit. With Sony Hybrids or foam tips the sibilance is negligible for me (and my M6s have hundreds of hours on them). If it's really that bad you can definitely use your eq to make a cut around 6k.
I heard they sound quite a bit better with Sony Hybrids but I don't have any so I can't test this.
I also focus mainly on EQ for these because I stick w/ the Tri flanges many don't like. I find the Tri flanges just give me the most secure fit for being active.
It was a million percent improvement, in my experience. The Hybrids are like upgrading it to a whole new level for 8 bucks. Far as I'm concerned they're mandatory, and without them you haven't heard the M6. (I don't doubt there are other good replacement tips also).
I prefer using the M6s (along with just about every other IEM in my collection) with Sony Hybrids and they sound quite good with these tips. Sibilance is pretty much a non-issue with hybrid tips in my experience.
They're softer than most silicone tips, have a firmer but flexible inner tube that will latch on to just about anything and do indeed have a small nozzle size which seems to attenuate some treble peaks as well as enhancing the low end ever so slightly.
- Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 37 seconds ago
- › Any Unbiased Electrical Tests Performed on the Synergistic Research... 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)