They sound great in most aspects, especially with electronic music but whenever someone starts speaking (it's usually a bit less noticable with singing) the "S" sound is so shrill and over pronounced that it literally hurts my ears. I've never heard anyone else complain about this so I'm wondering if it's just me who's noticed this.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEMS $50 Last post on 8/22/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElec M6 & M9: Chameleons of Portable Phones Last post on 7/22/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best flanges for M6 Last post on 2/11/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M11+ vs M6 Last post on 12/16/10 at 8:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup I have a sibiliance issue with them. I've EQ'd them so they sound the way I want them to but I still haven't been able to get rid of the sibilance. Oh well it doesn't bother me that much when I'm busy mowing the lawn and not paying attention to music.
I only heard sibilance with the stock triple flange tips but it was pretty clear that they didn't give me a good fit. With Sony Hybrids or foam tips the sibilance is negligible for me (and my M6s have hundreds of hours on them). If it's really that bad you can definitely use your eq to make a cut around 6k.
I heard they sound quite a bit better with Sony Hybrids but I don't have any so I can't test this.
I also focus mainly on EQ for these because I stick w/ the Tri flanges many don't like. I find the Tri flanges just give me the most secure fit for being active.
It was a million percent improvement, in my experience. The Hybrids are like upgrading it to a whole new level for 8 bucks. Far as I'm concerned they're mandatory, and without them you haven't heard the M6. (I don't doubt there are other good replacement tips also).
I prefer using the M6s (along with just about every other IEM in my collection) with Sony Hybrids and they sound quite good with these tips. Sibilance is pretty much a non-issue with hybrid tips in my experience.
They're softer than most silicone tips, have a firmer but flexible inner tube that will latch on to just about anything and do indeed have a small nozzle size which seems to attenuate some treble peaks as well as enhancing the low end ever so slightly.
- Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 30 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)