They sound great in most aspects, especially with electronic music but whenever someone starts speaking (it's usually a bit less noticable with singing) the "S" sound is so shrill and over pronounced that it literally hurts my ears. I've never heard anyone else complain about this so I'm wondering if it's just me who's noticed this.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEMS $50 Last post on 8/22/10 at 10:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElec M6 & M9: Chameleons of Portable Phones Last post on 7/22/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best flanges for M6 Last post on 2/11/11 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M11+ vs M6 Last post on 12/16/10 at 8:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between the...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup I have a sibiliance issue with them. I've EQ'd them so they sound the way I want them to but I still haven't been able to get rid of the sibilance. Oh well it doesn't bother me that much when I'm busy mowing the lawn and not paying attention to music.
I only heard sibilance with the stock triple flange tips but it was pretty clear that they didn't give me a good fit. With Sony Hybrids or foam tips the sibilance is negligible for me (and my M6s have hundreds of hours on them). If it's really that bad you can definitely use your eq to make a cut around 6k.
I heard they sound quite a bit better with Sony Hybrids but I don't have any so I can't test this.
I also focus mainly on EQ for these because I stick w/ the Tri flanges many don't like. I find the Tri flanges just give me the most secure fit for being active.
It was a million percent improvement, in my experience. The Hybrids are like upgrading it to a whole new level for 8 bucks. Far as I'm concerned they're mandatory, and without them you haven't heard the M6. (I don't doubt there are other good replacement tips also).
I prefer using the M6s (along with just about every other IEM in my collection) with Sony Hybrids and they sound quite good with these tips. Sibilance is pretty much a non-issue with hybrid tips in my experience.
They're softer than most silicone tips, have a firmer but flexible inner tube that will latch on to just about anything and do indeed have a small nozzle size which seems to attenuate some treble peaks as well as enhancing the low end ever so slightly.
- Anyone else notice a load of sibilance with the MEElectronics M6?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 27 seconds ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › 1st Tube Amp - suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 8 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2