Noise free Sylvania Bad Boy on its way back to me. Still loving the single tube. I look at the Super7 for instance and cry at what would be $350 in replacements, ouch. Now I just need to get my Mjolnir and run it through an A/B to be 'done' for at least a little while ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 22
It's not easy at all, esp considering the custom heatsinking. Also, you have to have some knowledge of replacement parts unless you're building the new super symmetry Dynamite (balanced).
Doesn't change that its available to anyone who wants to have a go at it. The unicorn I have coming is the super symmetry onboard heatsink version. Be an easier sell if GlassJar had kits on the ready.
Oh, I thought you were referring to the super symmetry as predicted by M Theory (squarks, etc...).
Good news, my balanced QCables for my LCD-3 and HD800s shipped out today (thanks Steve BTW). So I'll be able to hear the full gambit of what the GS-X can do. So far though, I'm thoroughly happy.....but hoping for even more "happiness" next week when I get the cables.
My favourite with the Peak, no contest. And after running the gambit, the Peak stayed in the end. Considering the competition through here, that's quite the accomplishment. I would still love to hear an EC BA but the chances of getting one used are about 0.
About the only thing I would change... shorter power cord. Do I want to pay Pete $50 for it... still working that one out.
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
- › In need of an upgrade for my beloved HD650s 35 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 5 minutes ago
- › Why are there so many high priced items for sale from Head Fi'ers... 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? 7 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)