Noise free Sylvania Bad Boy on its way back to me. Still loving the single tube. I look at the Super7 for instance and cry at what would be $350 in replacements, ouch. Now I just need to get my Mjolnir and run it through an A/B to be 'done' for at least a little while ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 12/9/13 at 3:56am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It's not easy at all, esp considering the custom heatsinking. Also, you have to have some knowledge of replacement parts unless you're building the new super symmetry Dynamite (balanced).
Doesn't change that its available to anyone who wants to have a go at it. The unicorn I have coming is the super symmetry onboard heatsink version. Be an easier sell if GlassJar had kits on the ready.
Oh, I thought you were referring to the super symmetry as predicted by M Theory (squarks, etc...).
Good news, my balanced QCables for my LCD-3 and HD800s shipped out today (thanks Steve BTW). So I'll be able to hear the full gambit of what the GS-X can do. So far though, I'm thoroughly happy.....but hoping for even more "happiness" next week when I get the cables.
My favourite with the Peak, no contest. And after running the gambit, the Peak stayed in the end. Considering the competition through here, that's quite the accomplishment. I would still love to hear an EC BA but the chances of getting one used are about 0.
About the only thing I would change... shorter power cord. Do I want to pay Pete $50 for it... still working that one out.
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 37 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 56 seconds ago
- › Whiplash XLR-XLR TWag Interconnects 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 1 minute ago
- › Best music while stoned? 1 minute ago
- › Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic t5p + hippo case 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe