Noise free Sylvania Bad Boy on its way back to me. Still loving the single tube. I look at the Super7 for instance and cry at what would be $350 in replacements, ouch. Now I just need to get my Mjolnir and run it through an A/B to be 'done' for at least a little while ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 22post #316 of 4128/20/12 at 7:06am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #317 of 4128/21/12 at 2:22ampost #318 of 4128/21/12 at 3:19ampost #319 of 4128/21/12 at 8:41amQuote:
It's not easy at all, esp considering the custom heatsinking. Also, you have to have some knowledge of replacement parts unless you're building the new super symmetry Dynamite (balanced).post #320 of 4128/21/12 at 9:09am
Doesn't change that its available to anyone who wants to have a go at it. The unicorn I have coming is the super symmetry onboard heatsink version. Be an easier sell if GlassJar had kits on the ready.post #321 of 4128/21/12 at 10:18ampost #322 of 4128/21/12 at 10:37ampost #323 of 4128/21/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
Oh, I thought you were referring to the super symmetry as predicted by M Theory (squarks, etc...).post #324 of 4128/21/12 at 6:22pmpost #325 of 4128/21/12 at 6:45pm
Good news, my balanced QCables for my LCD-3 and HD800s shipped out today (thanks Steve BTW). So I'll be able to hear the full gambit of what the GS-X can do. So far though, I'm thoroughly happy.....but hoping for even more "happiness" next week when I get the cables.post #326 of 4128/21/12 at 9:00pmpost #327 of 4128/22/12 at 5:52pmpost #328 of 4128/22/12 at 11:58pmpost #329 of 4129/6/12 at 6:20ampost #330 of 4129/6/12 at 6:38am
My favourite with the Peak, no contest. And after running the gambit, the Peak stayed in the end. Considering the competition through here, that's quite the accomplishment. I would still love to hear an EC BA but the chances of getting one used are about 0.
About the only thing I would change... shorter power cord. Do I want to pay Pete $50 for it... still working that one out.
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Breathable headphones (around ear) for sweaty ears 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › Cat-Fi 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear