Noise free Sylvania Bad Boy on its way back to me. Still loving the single tube. I look at the Super7 for instance and cry at what would be $350 in replacements, ouch. Now I just need to get my Mjolnir and run it through an A/B to be 'done' for at least a little while ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 11/15/12 at 11:54pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It's not easy at all, esp considering the custom heatsinking. Also, you have to have some knowledge of replacement parts unless you're building the new super symmetry Dynamite (balanced).
Doesn't change that its available to anyone who wants to have a go at it. The unicorn I have coming is the super symmetry onboard heatsink version. Be an easier sell if GlassJar had kits on the ready.
Oh, I thought you were referring to the super symmetry as predicted by M Theory (squarks, etc...).
Good news, my balanced QCables for my LCD-3 and HD800s shipped out today (thanks Steve BTW). So I'll be able to hear the full gambit of what the GS-X can do. So far though, I'm thoroughly happy.....but hoping for even more "happiness" next week when I get the cables.
My favourite with the Peak, no contest. And after running the gambit, the Peak stayed in the end. Considering the competition through here, that's quite the accomplishment. I would still love to hear an EC BA but the chances of getting one used are about 0.
About the only thing I would change... shorter power cord. Do I want to pay Pete $50 for it... still working that one out.
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Pros : Sound quality, comfort, build, modularity (parts), balance, naturalness, clarity, detail”“Balanced, refined, sturdy, classic design”
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 34 seconds ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 1 minute ago
- › Has This Forum and Website Experienced Editorial Capture by the... 2 minutes ago
- › Need a recommendation for the Best Closed Circumaural headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › DT770 To DT880 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Burson Soloist (for Beta22 or High-end cans) 6 minutes ago
- › Love music too much to be listening to it the way I am. PLEASE HELP 7 minutes ago
- › Portaphile Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe