My pair for the WA22 was solid as well. Guess it comes down to how many times it get punted in shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am delighted (and a little embarrassed ) to say that I think I found the problem. I was getting kind of down after 3 tubes were exhibiting static, and I was getting ready to contact Todd to see if I needed repairs.
Then I noticed I had more than a little dust buildup on my peak and thought maybe I should blow it out and test again before calling. The Peak has rather large grate openings to allow airflow and dust can get in there rather easily. Lo and behold, it's been almost a full day using both BT's and they completely quiet again. I'll keep testing (and keeping the peak free of dust) and report back again after a week or so of testing. Fingers crossed. Feels great to listen the music again, and not the static.
Well after talking to Pete and looking over my Peak... its the tubes. Fingers crossed the 5692 I have coming isn't also micro-phonic. Bad tubes can add up fast :( Which also means when my Mjolnir lands, its on like Donkey Kong :D
Yeah - that's what I'm talking about. Always rooting for the Solid State.
yep. those 5692 tubes are impressive.
what with their extra support rods and everything.
i really have my eyes on the red base RCA. should be a really fine tube in the peak...
Which 5692 are you using?
As a preamp it's doing an absolutely fantastic job driving the HE-6s with my Densen B320 power amp (100wpc)
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 30 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 36 seconds ago
- › Looking for a great all-rounder headphone, $400 budget 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 1 minute ago
- › Looking For Decent Bass for Around $50 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3