My pair for the WA22 was solid as well. Guess it comes down to how many times it get punted in shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 21post #301 of 4098/2/12 at 7:48am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #302 of 4098/4/12 at 12:29pm
I am delighted (and a little embarrassed ) to say that I think I found the problem. I was getting kind of down after 3 tubes were exhibiting static, and I was getting ready to contact Todd to see if I needed repairs.
Then I noticed I had more than a little dust buildup on my peak and thought maybe I should blow it out and test again before calling. The Peak has rather large grate openings to allow airflow and dust can get in there rather easily. Lo and behold, it's been almost a full day using both BT's and they completely quiet again. I'll keep testing (and keeping the peak free of dust) and report back again after a week or so of testing. Fingers crossed. Feels great to listen the music again, and not the static.post #303 of 4098/4/12 at 4:04pmpost #304 of 4098/4/12 at 9:47pmpost #305 of 4098/4/12 at 10:06pmpost #306 of 4098/5/12 at 3:04ampost #307 of 4098/5/12 at 4:48ampost #308 of 4098/5/12 at 5:04ampost #309 of 4098/7/12 at 8:26am
Well after talking to Pete and looking over my Peak... its the tubes. Fingers crossed the 5692 I have coming isn't also micro-phonic. Bad tubes can add up fast :( Which also means when my Mjolnir lands, its on like Donkey Kong :Dpost #310 of 4098/7/12 at 11:25amQuote:
Yeah - that's what I'm talking about. Always rooting for the Solid State.post #311 of 4098/7/12 at 1:57pmpost #312 of 4098/7/12 at 2:53pm
yep. those 5692 tubes are impressive.
what with their extra support rods and everything.
i really have my eyes on the red base RCA. should be a really fine tube in the peak...post #313 of 4098/7/12 at 6:09pm
Which 5692 are you using?post #314 of 4098/7/12 at 6:23pmpost #315 of 4098/20/12 at 6:37amGot my P/V a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by its small size.
As a preamp it's doing an absolutely fantastic job driving the HE-6s with my Densen B320 power amp (100wpc)
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Schiit Fulla 2 or Fiio e10k? just now
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear