My pair for the WA22 was solid as well. Guess it comes down to how many times it get punted in shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 11/15/12 at 11:54pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am delighted (and a little embarrassed ) to say that I think I found the problem. I was getting kind of down after 3 tubes were exhibiting static, and I was getting ready to contact Todd to see if I needed repairs.
Then I noticed I had more than a little dust buildup on my peak and thought maybe I should blow it out and test again before calling. The Peak has rather large grate openings to allow airflow and dust can get in there rather easily. Lo and behold, it's been almost a full day using both BT's and they completely quiet again. I'll keep testing (and keeping the peak free of dust) and report back again after a week or so of testing. Fingers crossed. Feels great to listen the music again, and not the static.
Well after talking to Pete and looking over my Peak... its the tubes. Fingers crossed the 5692 I have coming isn't also micro-phonic. Bad tubes can add up fast :( Which also means when my Mjolnir lands, its on like Donkey Kong :D
Yeah - that's what I'm talking about. Always rooting for the Solid State.
yep. those 5692 tubes are impressive.
what with their extra support rods and everything.
i really have my eyes on the red base RCA. should be a really fine tube in the peak...
Which 5692 are you using?
As a preamp it's doing an absolutely fantastic job driving the HE-6s with my Densen B320 power amp (100wpc)
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 29 seconds ago
- › FS: Peerless MB Orthodynamic Drivers [Restored, 1 pair] [Still... 41 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 3 minutes ago
- › bose bluetooth 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi