My pair for the WA22 was solid as well. Guess it comes down to how many times it get punted in shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am delighted (and a little embarrassed ) to say that I think I found the problem. I was getting kind of down after 3 tubes were exhibiting static, and I was getting ready to contact Todd to see if I needed repairs.
Then I noticed I had more than a little dust buildup on my peak and thought maybe I should blow it out and test again before calling. The Peak has rather large grate openings to allow airflow and dust can get in there rather easily. Lo and behold, it's been almost a full day using both BT's and they completely quiet again. I'll keep testing (and keeping the peak free of dust) and report back again after a week or so of testing. Fingers crossed. Feels great to listen the music again, and not the static.
Well after talking to Pete and looking over my Peak... its the tubes. Fingers crossed the 5692 I have coming isn't also micro-phonic. Bad tubes can add up fast :( Which also means when my Mjolnir lands, its on like Donkey Kong :D
Yeah - that's what I'm talking about. Always rooting for the Solid State.
yep. those 5692 tubes are impressive.
what with their extra support rods and everything.
i really have my eyes on the red base RCA. should be a really fine tube in the peak...
Which 5692 are you using?
As a preamp it's doing an absolutely fantastic job driving the HE-6s with my Densen B320 power amp (100wpc)
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3