My pair for the WA22 was solid as well. Guess it comes down to how many times it get punted in shipping.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Apex Peak/Volcano vs. Zana Deux Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- RWA Isabellina HPA OR TTVJ Apex /Volcano Last post on 5/5/11 at 10:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD FUN vs Nuforce HDP? Last post on 8/16/10 at 4:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
- Headphone Impedance
Apex Peak/Volcano Review - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am delighted (and a little embarrassed ) to say that I think I found the problem. I was getting kind of down after 3 tubes were exhibiting static, and I was getting ready to contact Todd to see if I needed repairs.
Then I noticed I had more than a little dust buildup on my peak and thought maybe I should blow it out and test again before calling. The Peak has rather large grate openings to allow airflow and dust can get in there rather easily. Lo and behold, it's been almost a full day using both BT's and they completely quiet again. I'll keep testing (and keeping the peak free of dust) and report back again after a week or so of testing. Fingers crossed. Feels great to listen the music again, and not the static.
Well after talking to Pete and looking over my Peak... its the tubes. Fingers crossed the 5692 I have coming isn't also micro-phonic. Bad tubes can add up fast :( Which also means when my Mjolnir lands, its on like Donkey Kong :D
Yeah - that's what I'm talking about. Always rooting for the Solid State.
yep. those 5692 tubes are impressive.
what with their extra support rods and everything.
i really have my eyes on the red base RCA. should be a really fine tube in the peak...
Which 5692 are you using?
As a preamp it's doing an absolutely fantastic job driving the HE-6s with my Densen B320 power amp (100wpc)
- Apex Peak/Volcano Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › OnePlus One 2 seconds ago
- › superlux 681 evo vs sennheiser 558 23 seconds ago
- › what COMPANY makes the best headphones 42 seconds ago
- › Sound Card for Sennheiser HD 598 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What's your preferred amplification for the AKG K/Q7xzy family of... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Head-direct.com HiFiMan EF2 tube Hybrid Amp with USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › SPEAKERS VS HEADPHONES : who got the best soundstage ????? 2 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)