I heard TEclast T51 and Nationiite S:Flo2 are the best for SQ, what do you guys think?
Related Forum Threads
- I am lost....need new everything Last post on 6/17/10 at 1:58pm in Portable Source Gear
- Help Deciding between full RWA iMod portable rig and HiFiMan HM-801, what is the ultimate rig... Last post on 8/10/10 at 4:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- where to buy S:Flo only on Mp4 nation? Last post on 6/29/10 at 1:33am in Portable Source Gear
- [REVIEW] Nationite s:flo² Last post on 12/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- RoCoo P DAP - Full Review Last post on 8/23/13 at 2:45pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Best overall DAP/PMP out in the market now?post #1 of 227/12/10 at 8:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 227/12/10 at 8:04pm
Touchy interface and low battery life makes the T51 hard to say it's the best. However, unlike other DAPs it does have a real dedicated line out input. I would say cowon J3 or other cowon would be one of the best.post #3 of 227/12/10 at 8:15pm
Hmm the topic title is miss-leading in my opinion. Best at what? Are you only talking about SQ or worrying about other things?
I think the best three sounding DAPs on the market today would have to be the HiFiMan HM-801 -> iMod (Depending on the rest of the set up) -> s:flo2. If you start including other things that changes very quickly but when talking solely about SQ that's how I think it would go.post #4 of 227/12/10 at 8:18pmpost #5 of 227/12/10 at 10:52pm
From what I've read the s:flo2 leaves the Cowon's sounding lifeless and boring. I can't remember the exact words but I know of at least one situation when a user who owned both a J3 and s:flo2, and sold the J3 after hearing the s:flo2.post #6 of 227/13/10 at 12:38ampost #7 of 227/13/10 at 12:56am
^ See it's people like you who recommend a player no matter what the topic is that gets people confused and often miss informed.
Yes the J3 is a great player but it is not "the best DAP" in every single situation, and in my opinion SQ is one of those situations.post #8 of 227/13/10 at 1:47am
If we are to include movies in the equation (PMP:s should be able to handle that pretty well) the Cowon S9/J3 or the Sony X ought to be the best choices. That is, DAP:s/PMP:s not only based on SQ. Those AMOLED screens sure look nice.
EDIT: the title is a bit misleading as is asks for the best DAP overall and then the first post focuses on SQ. So what is it - best SQ or best overall DAP/PMP?
Edited by Danneq - 7/13/10 at 1:49ampost #9 of 227/13/10 at 2:06ampost #10 of 227/13/10 at 3:59ampost #11 of 227/13/10 at 4:57ampost #12 of 227/13/10 at 5:04am
Line-out SQ just brings out too many variables, but, yes, today's overall best sounding self-contained unit seems to be the HiFiMAN HM-801, but then again, I haven't heard ALL alternatives on the market, but heard quite a few.
I strongly prefer audio-only DAPs for music listening. I have found that the sound quality for universal players such as the iPods or Zunes is usually not that good, due to the fact that incorporating the video playback functionality and larger display forces the designers to use miniaturized DACs and other shortcuts to cram all those extra features into the unit. This obviously has a negative impact on audio performance. Jack of all trades, master of none.post #13 of 227/13/10 at 8:16amQuote:
post #14 of 227/13/10 at 2:07pmThread Starterpost #15 of 227/13/10 at 2:17pmQuote:
Preference is a HUGE deal! Battery life, EQ, user interface, sound quality, headphone out, line out, amp, no amp? Those are big questions to answer. Its not like deciding between a black or white iPod.
- Best overall DAP/PMP out in the market now?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 seconds ago
- › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ? 12 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 38 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for a simple analog to analog headphone amp. 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Gaming headset 1 minute ago
- › Is this "6ft Premium Toslink Fiber Optic Digital Audio Optical... 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude