Im looking into buying my first portable amp and I have some questions. Ive seen generally good feedback on the uDac. Is this only a DAC or DAC/amp combo? Ive seen some setups where it goes computer > uDac > amp > headphones. Are people just adding another amp? Also, how is the uDac of a DAP like the clip? Are there any other alternatives I should be looking at around the price range of the uDac? Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best Setup for All-Around use: DAC/Amp or Soundcard for HD600? Last post on 7/28/10 at 5:26am in Portable Headphone Amps
- best bang for the buck usb dac and amp Last post on 6/30/10 at 2:11pm in Computer Audio
- X-Fi card with the uDac? Last post on 6/5/10 at 6:44pm in Computer Audio
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
information about NuForce uDac?post #1 of 97/12/10 at 7:26amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 97/12/10 at 7:49am
It is a DAC with amp, but not really portable since there is no build in battery. Power comes directly from the USB port. It also outputs line-level signal (on max volume) so you can connect the RCA to an amp if you want to, but you can simply drive normal headphone via its 3.5mm jack.post #3 of 97/12/10 at 7:58amThread Starterpost #4 of 97/12/10 at 8:13am
It is better than the on-board sound card on my Toshiba notebook and Dell XPS 420 PC, as well as most of the sub$100 DAC I have, definitely worthwhile consider the price.post #5 of 97/12/10 at 9:44ampost #6 of 97/12/10 at 10:02amThread Starterpost #7 of 97/12/10 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #8 of 97/12/10 at 10:50am
The uDAC is definitely worth it - a very noticeable improvement from my MSI Wind headphone out. It has a fairly mid-forward aggressiveness to it, which makes it a nice match for my Alessandro MS1i and Beyer DT 150.post #9 of 97/12/10 at 1:13pm
if you truly need only an amp without tethering it to a computer, then I would consider getting the Nuforce Icon Mobile instead.
It can be used as an amp/dac, preamp, and as a portable amp.Quote:
- information about NuForce uDac?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Do i need a AMP and or DAC for my AKG 7XX just now
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › Westone W80 1 minute ago
- › New member here, just a short introduction 1 minute ago
- › Best IEMs for Apple's headphone adapter 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-500 with Alpha Pads and aftermarket cable 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear