Im looking into buying my first portable amp and I have some questions. Ive seen generally good feedback on the uDac. Is this only a DAC or DAC/amp combo? Ive seen some setups where it goes computer > uDac > amp > headphones. Are people just adding another amp? Also, how is the uDac of a DAP like the clip? Are there any other alternatives I should be looking at around the price range of the uDac? Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best Setup for All-Around use: DAC/Amp or Soundcard for HD600? Last post on 7/28/10 at 5:26am in Portable Headphone Amps
- best bang for the buck usb dac and amp Last post on 6/30/10 at 2:11pm in Computer Audio
- X-Fi card with the uDac? Last post on 6/5/10 at 6:44pm in Computer Audio
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
information about NuForce uDac?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is a DAC with amp, but not really portable since there is no build in battery. Power comes directly from the USB port. It also outputs line-level signal (on max volume) so you can connect the RCA to an amp if you want to, but you can simply drive normal headphone via its 3.5mm jack.
It is better than the on-board sound card on my Toshiba notebook and Dell XPS 420 PC, as well as most of the sub$100 DAC I have, definitely worthwhile consider the price.
The uDAC is definitely worth it - a very noticeable improvement from my MSI Wind headphone out. It has a fairly mid-forward aggressiveness to it, which makes it a nice match for my Alessandro MS1i and Beyer DT 150.
if you truly need only an amp without tethering it to a computer, then I would consider getting the Nuforce Icon Mobile instead.
It can be used as an amp/dac, preamp, and as a portable amp.
- information about NuForce uDac?
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 38 seconds ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Next $500 Investment: SRH-1540, or Amp/DAC Setup? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob