Im looking into buying my first portable amp and I have some questions. Ive seen generally good feedback on the uDac. Is this only a DAC or DAC/amp combo? Ive seen some setups where it goes computer > uDac > amp > headphones. Are people just adding another amp? Also, how is the uDac of a DAP like the clip? Are there any other alternatives I should be looking at around the price range of the uDac? Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- amp short list for my new HD800s Last post on 8/14/10 at 1:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best Setup for All-Around use: DAC/Amp or Soundcard for HD600? Last post on 7/28/10 at 5:26am in Portable Headphone Amps
- best bang for the buck usb dac and amp Last post on 6/30/10 at 2:11pm in Computer Audio
- X-Fi card with the uDac? Last post on 6/5/10 at 6:44pm in Computer Audio
- DAC w/ ATH-M50 for computer setup Last post on 5/27/12 at 12:26pm in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
information about NuForce uDac?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It is a DAC with amp, but not really portable since there is no build in battery. Power comes directly from the USB port. It also outputs line-level signal (on max volume) so you can connect the RCA to an amp if you want to, but you can simply drive normal headphone via its 3.5mm jack.
It is better than the on-board sound card on my Toshiba notebook and Dell XPS 420 PC, as well as most of the sub$100 DAC I have, definitely worthwhile consider the price.
The uDAC is definitely worth it - a very noticeable improvement from my MSI Wind headphone out. It has a fairly mid-forward aggressiveness to it, which makes it a nice match for my Alessandro MS1i and Beyer DT 150.
if you truly need only an amp without tethering it to a computer, then I would consider getting the Nuforce Icon Mobile instead.
It can be used as an amp/dac, preamp, and as a portable amp.
- information about NuForce uDac?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › ATH-A900XLTD available in Japan soon 6 seconds ago
- › $40.00 VSONIC VSD1S (FREE SHIPPING!!!) 13 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 34 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendations for around $100 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Asus Xonar Essence STU 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe